A Constitutionally Guarnateed form of Welfare

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Let's see if Liberals jump on this bandwagon:

Article I, Section 8, United States Constitution:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia.

10 U.S. Code § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute

10 U.S. Code § 311 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

This means that all able-bodied males between the ages of 17 and 45 must be provided with the standard issue military rifle, and trained how to use it. Why is Congress neglected this Constitutionally mandated duty?

It also expands the size and scope of the militia to all able bodied men between the ages of 17 & 45 whether they're in the National Guard or not. That's a big militia indeed. I'm 53 so I'm not certain where that places me but I'm an American citizen; I'm able bodied; and I'm armed. So ... as far as I'm concerned I'm a member of the above 45 militia.

So do you think we should go back to the 18th century. I think we have learned a little bit about economics, science, morality and common sense since that time.

Destroying something that works 90% the way it should is really stupid.

But sure give everyone a gun! I don't disagree.

The key term there is "able bodied". Good luck trying to get fat ass Republican Wal-Mart shoppers to go on a field training exercise.

obesity_by_county_large.png

So do you think we should go back to the 18th century.

They give everyone in Switzerland a modern rifle, do they not? Are they living 18th Century life styles there?

I agree that most people should have a gun. Just that we should remain the science super power we're currently are as we're shining up our gun.

So do you think we should go back to the 18th century.

They give everyone in Switzerland a modern rifle, do they not? Are they living 18th Century life styles there?

I agree that most people should have a gun. Just that we should remain the science super power we're currently are as we're shining up our gun.

So then, what was the purpose of your statement?

If we want to advance in science we have to do away with this quantum magic, that the religion of mathematical physics has invented.

Check out Bill Gaede's Rope Hypothesis.

Forum List

Back