A bridge in the climate debate – How to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Anthony Watts
March 8, 2013

Every once in awhile, an idea comes along that makes you ask, “gee why hasn’t anybody seen this before?”. This one of those times. This video below is something I almost didn’t watch, because my concerns were triggered by a few key words in the beginning. But, recommended by a Facebook friend, I stuck with it, and I’m glad I did, because I want every one of you, no matter what side of the climate debate you live in, to watch this and experience that light bulb moment as I did. The key here is to understand that desertification is one of the real climate changes we are witnessing as opposed to some the predicted ones we often fight over.

It is one of those seminal moments where I think a bridge has been created in the climate debate, and I hope you’ll seize the moment and embrace it. This video comes with my strongest possible recommendation, because it speaks to a real problem, with real solutions in plain language, while at the same time offering true hope.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI&feature=player_embedded]Allan Savory: How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change - YouTube[/ame]

(Excerpt)

Read more:
A bridge in the climate debate ? How to green the world?s deserts and reverse climate change | Watts Up With That?

I have often pointed out, when people talked about the methane that cattle produce, that the wildebeast herds, and, in North America, buffalo herds, numbered in the hundreds of thousands, yet they made no impact on the methane levels of that period.

Always, when observing nature, it is best to bring no preconceptions. The loss of forests and grasslands is one of the major contributors to atmospheric GHGs. Not only does the bare soil emit carbon, but it fails to take it back up as it would in the natural cycle.

Do I think that the greening of much of the deserts will make up for what we are emitting in our use of fossil fuels? No, but it would reduce the amount in the atmosphere, and ameliorate some of the effects. And, since animals are less prone to damage from storms than crops, create a source of protean that was less vulnelbe to the consequences of global warming.

TED is good what you call, "symposium"? Attended by U.N., IMF, CFR and International Bankers who are looking to implement Global Government.

But that's not why I post.

I agree that "desertification" is problem. This is my solution:

If you look at the worlds deserts, they are right next to tall mountain ranges. Moist air come from sea, go up mountain, water freeze out of air and fall, what is left that go over mountain is dry air. Dry air then make desert after thousands of years.

So what we need to do is choose desert region and cut down the surrounding mountains. This could be a huge Government work program and employ millions of people for hundreds of years. But eventually, cool moist air will return to desert region and make fertile grasslands!

What you think? Good idea no?

TED is good what you call, "symposium"? Attended by U.N., IMF, CFR and International Bankers who are looking to implement Global Government.

But that's not why I post.

I agree that "desertification" is problem. This is my solution:

If you look at the worlds deserts, they are right next to tall mountain ranges. Moist air come from sea, go up mountain, water freeze out of air and fall, what is left that go over mountain is dry air. Dry air then make desert after thousands of years.

So what we need to do is choose desert region and cut down the surrounding mountains. This could be a huge Government work program and employ millions of people for hundreds of years. But eventually, cool moist air will return to desert region and make fertile grasslands!

What you think? Good idea no?

One of the reasons why the discussion on climate change is so controversial, without a reason to be, is because people, who may or may not actually know anything about the topic, will treat an attempt to figure out the truth as a political issue. But because you are ideologically opposed to something does not make it false.

Forum List

Back