A Bold Prediction

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
The GOP is becoming a shattered party as we speak. Mitt is attacking Rudy and Thompson is campaigning like a wet rag and there is no one candidate that the far right feels comfortable with. If Mitt or Rudy secure the election, the Christian right will raise it's own candidate leaving the GOP a shattered party.

Hucklebee is not going to win a primary but he will be the choice of the Christain right. This will split the GOP vote in November and the Democratic candiate will win handily.

The GOP is becoming a shattered party as we speak. Mitt is attacking Rudy and Thompson is campaigning like a wet rag and there is no one candidate that the far right feels comfortable with. If Mitt or Rudy secure the election, the Christian right will raise it's own candidate leaving the GOP a shattered party.

Hucklebee is not going to win a primary but he will be the choice of the Christain right. This will split the GOP vote in November and the Democratic candiate will win handily.

Ummmmmm... I disagree. Once Huckabee is out of the picture, the Christian right will follow whomever the republican nominee is for the simple reason that they will think it's the lesser of two evils.

I think it will be split almost down the middle again and it's going to once again come down to a few states. I'd like to be wrong about that, I just don't think I am.

What WOULD make a huge difference is if a third part candidate like Bloomberg or Ron Paul runs. I'd hate to waste my vote, but I'd have a hard time not voting for, say, Bloomberg/Hegel.

You both make some very interesting, and good points:clap2: . As a Republican, I am worried about the candidates taking away credit from each other in result destroying each other. But then, one can simply look at the Donkeys and see they are doing no better.

I like Fred Thompson, but will vote for the Republican everytime,..well, Ron Paul? I don't know, but I don't think he has a chance, he would make a better Democrat if one asks me!

there won't be any viable Christian Right third party candidate in the general election.

Bank on it.

You both make some very interesting, and good points:clap2: . As a Republican, I am worried about the candidates taking away credit from each other in result destroying each other. But then, one can simply look at the Donkeys and see they are doing no better.

I like Fred Thompson, but will vote for the Republican everytime,..well, Ron Paul? I don't know, but I don't think he has a chance, he would make a better Democrat if one asks me!

I would have to vote for Ron Paul over any Democrat running, but fortunately, it doesn't look as if that will be necessary. Too bad Ron Paul isn't running as a Democrat though. He would probably win the nomination since he's a pure liberal in those things Democrats most cherish and he is conservative in the areas that most Democrats wish their candidates were more conservative.

At least with Ron Paul as the Democrat nominee, and just about anybody on the GOP ticket as the Republican nominee, we might have to actually think about our vote for once.

I would have to vote for Ron Paul over any Democrat running, but fortunately, it doesn't look as if that will be necessary. Too bad Ron Paul isn't running as a Democrat though. He would probably win the nomination since he's a pure liberal in those things Democrats most cherish and he is conservative in the areas that most Democrats wish their candidates were more conservative.

At least with Ron Paul as the Democrat nominee, and just about anybody on the GOP ticket as the Republican nominee, we might have to actually think about our vote for once.

And not just that,..Ron Paul at least has a plan unlike all the Dems!

From what I have seen of RP he is a constitutionalists at heart. I am not an expert on him BTW, only going on sound-bytes and the congressional record.

IF you look at most of the non-nutjob stuff he says.... it dovetails with the 1st iteration of the Constitution.

From what I have seen of RP he is a constitutionalists at heart. I am not an expert on him BTW, only going on sound-bytes and the congressional record.

IF you look at most of the non-nutjob stuff he says.... it dovetails with the 1st iteration of the Constitution.

"non-nutjob stuff" The nutjob stuff that he says is exactly why I am not sure about RB.

But, touching on an earlier point about republicans voting for whoever is nominated, I know several people that are hard core GOP that will not support someone like Rudy who is pro-choice. I do think they will stay away from the polls.

Not a hard core fact but I feeling.

It depends on what you think a Constitutionalist is. Someone who inserts his/her own viewpoint as to what it says and ignores the high court's decisions as to what it says, isn't a Constitutionalist, IMO. It is not nearly as rigid as the "strict Constructionists" (a fairly recent view of constitutional interpretation, btw) would have one believe. To my mind, that type of "literal interpretation" has the same shortcomings as a "literal translation" of the bible... it loses all nuance and takes something which is intended for broad application and grey areas and makes it black and whilte.

Either way, I think RP is regressive in thought. The fact that the racists have attached themselves to him isn't his fault, but it is an indication of what the results of his policies would be.

I tellya... Texas must have a bunch of nutty republicans then since RP was elected to office as a republican.

I predict that Romney will lose the republican nomination based solely on his Mormonism. I predict that Rudy will win the nomination because of his presence on 9/11, cleaning up NY, and being a social moderate. I think Rudy will adopt a more conservative package the closer we get to the election in order to lure the evangelicals that have problems with his prior stance on social issues. I don't think the evangelicals will stay home just to spite their republican nominee. Rudy is not Teflon and he knows it.

Unfortunately, I predict that clinton will get the dem nomination. She doesn't sit well with me even knowing we'd get Bill back. I don't like the bush-clinton-bush-clinton feeling about this nomination. Anything she does will be disected iota by iota by the dick Morris types in order to sabotage anything possible in order to create a springboard for '12. Barak would be a fresh start. Again, unfortunately, I think that Clinton would beat Rudy but Rudy would Beat Barak. I have no faith that America is willing to let a black man with a name like that be president even if he is something of a golden nominee. I think America, at this point, would rather stomach a white woman reminiscent of the 90s who is slightly less hawkish than the conservatives.

I'm predicting that the issues of prevelance will be, in descending order:

Immigration/The border
Iraq/terrorism
economy
health care
environment/global warming

I tellya... Texas must have a bunch of nutty republicans then since RP was elected to office as a republican.

I predict that Romney will lose the republican nomination based solely on his Mormonism. I predict that Rudy will win the nomination because of his presence on 9/11, cleaning up NY, and being a social moderate. I think Rudy will adopt a more conservative package the closer we get to the election in order to lure the evangelicals that have problems with his prior stance on social issues. I don't think the evangelicals will stay home just to spite their republican nominee. Rudy is not Teflon and he knows it.

Unfortunately, I predict that clinton will get the dem nomination. She doesn't sit well with me even knowing we'd get Bill back. I don't like the bush-clinton-bush-clinton feeling about this nomination. Anything she does will be disected iota by iota by the dick Morris types in order to sabotage anything possible in order to create a springboard for '12. Barak would be a fresh start. Again, unfortunately, I think that Clinton would beat Rudy but Rudy would Beat Barak. I have no faith that America is willing to let a black man with a name like that be president even if he is something of a golden nominee. I think America, at this point, would rather stomach a white woman reminiscent of the 90s who is slightly less hawkish than the conservatives.

I'm predicting that the issues of prevelance will be, in descending order:

Immigration/The border
Iraq/terrorism
economy
health care
environment/global warming

If the dems win in 08 I damn well hope it is Clinton. The rest are just crazy, stupid or dangerous. I hated Bill Clinton, but when all is said and done he was not a bad President, he was the most corrupt President we had but overall he did the right things on the International level. ( well except China) Hillary will be bad for the Country but damn sight better than any of those dems running against her.

If Rudy wins and the choice is him or her... I may vote for her because if we are going to have a liberal in Office I would rather it be a Democrat so that when that Liberal screws up we know what party is to blame.

If the dems win in 08 I damn well hope it is Clinton. The rest are just crazy, stupid or dangerous. I hated Bill Clinton, but when all is said and done he was not a bad President, he was the most corrupt President we had but overall he did the right things on the International level. ( well except China) Hillary will be bad for the Country but damn sight better than any of those dems running against her.

If Rudy wins and the choice is him or her... I may vote for her because if we are going to have a liberal in Office I would rather it be a Democrat so that when that Liberal screws up we know what party is to blame.

Rudy is not my first choice. But between him and Hillary, I vote for him purely because I think he would make the better choices of justices to put on the Supreme Court. That is by far the most important and far reaching lasting legacy any President will ever have.

Rudy is not my first choice. But between him and Hillary, I vote for him purely because I think he would make the better choices of justices to put on the Supreme Court. That is by far the most important and far reaching lasting legacy any President will ever have.

All things equal I hope the next couple Supreme Court Justices are NOT to the right. It is never good when a court is one dimensional. Well one more might be ok, but even that is pushing it.

Personally few decisions should be 9-0 at that level. If they are that tells us the lower court that blew it somehow was big time wrong and probably should be fired.

I hated having to depend on Sandra Day O'Conner, but it was in the long run a GOOD thing for the Country she was a swing vote.

most corrupt? hehehe.. come on..

So, how played out do you think this will get next year?
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/154212/rudy_giuliani_in_drag.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/154212/rudy_giuliani_in_drag/">Rudy Giuliani In Drag</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Watch more funny videos here</a></font>

About as much as the reruns of Hilary and her "suicidal" boyfriend should get?

Isn't it interesting, when a democrat does a comedy skit, thats all haha laugh laugh, when a Republican, even a liberal one, does the same it is personal fodder for political attacks.

I don't think it's the left who will get all bent out of shape about a candidate dressing in drag for comedy, dude. That's gonna be all on your side. If anything, the left will appreciate his willingness to be a moderate about social issues while not being a giant humorless bastard. I like that he can laugh at himself. I respect that he was the only republican candidate to give supportive words when Obama showed what guts it took to be honest about his past.

nope... I'm pretty sure it won't be MY side that gets queasy at the sight of that video...

I don't think it's the left who will get all bent out of shape about a candidate dressing in drag for comedy, dude. That's gonna be all on your side. If anything, the left will appreciate his willingness to be a moderate about social issues while not being a giant humorless bastard. I like that he can laugh at himself. I respect that he was the only republican candidate to give supportive words when Obama showed what guts it took to be honest about his past.

nope... I'm pretty sure it won't be MY side that gets queasy at the sight of that video...

He is not deserving to be the Republican Nominee, but that skit is not why. He wins and Hillary is his opponent I may actually for the first time ever vote for a democrat for President. Once again, if the choice is a Republican Liberal or a Democratic liberal ( and she is not all that liberal in a lot of stuff) I think it better we have a democrat show us the idiocy of the Liberal position.

I certainly don't dispute the logic behind such a strategy. If you are going to have to take a liberal president it might as well be one that craps on the dems rather than be like the liberal crapping on the reps these days.

Isn't is a shame that it's romneys choice of dogma that is keeping him from swooping down and claiming the rep nomination? 08 would be less unstable if Mitt were a catholic or a baptist. I know you empathize with people who deal with that kind of bullshit. He's pretty much the posterboy for modern republicanism but.... the evangelicals throw their support at rudy because they see mormonism as every bit of a cult as jahovas witness.

I was listening to some dude on the conservative radio station complaining about catholics in chicago telling their parishioners that only good christians support recent illegal immigration. The ironies of 08 are quite staggering.

I certainly don't dispute the logic behind such a strategy. If you are going to have to take a liberal president it might as well be one that craps on the dems rather than be like the liberal crapping on the reps these days.

Isn't is a shame that it's romneys choice of dogma that is keeping him from swooping down and claiming the rep nomination? 08 would be less unstable if Mitt were a catholic or a baptist. I know you empathize with people who deal with that kind of bullshit. He's pretty much the posterboy for modern republicanism but.... the evangelicals throw their support at rudy because they see mormonism as every bit of a cult as jahovas witness.

I was listening to some dude on the conservative radio station complaining about catholics in chicago telling their parishioners that only good christians support recent illegal immigration. The ironies of 08 are quite staggering.

Romney is a weak candidate anyway. But as a Mormon I can tell you any christian that claims we are not christians is as stupid as a rock. We believe in the Bible, we do NOT believe the Book of Mormon is somehow superior to the Bible. We believe all the same things all christians believe. The difference being we believe that God has returned a prophet to the earth.

Forum List

Back