A Bold Prediction

Romney weaker than Rudy? Rudy's single ace was his face time on 9/11. Everything else would otherwise send conservatives packing. I dunno... I think that Mitt would have been a difficult speedbump to jump over had it not been for his religious affiliation.

And, while I certainly would never personally subscribe to mormonism myself, the irony of the evangelical opinion of mormons speaks to the concern secularists have with all the dogma soaked politics. To me, it's ALL fiction.. unfortunatly for mormons, the evangelicals feel the same way about mormons.

I had a conversation this weekend with a staunch evangelical friend and asked her if she can understand why secularists don't trust "dogma on the sleave" christians in office and she said (predictably) not at all. Then I asked her if she would ever vote for a Jahovas Witness and she said (again, predictably) never. I'm reminded of Kennedy's catholicism. Still, I think it's a shame, even if ironic as hell, that it's mitt's religion that seems to be checking his chances.

Romney weaker than Rudy? Rudy's single ace was his face time on 9/11. Everything else would otherwise send conservatives packing. I dunno... I think that Mitt would have been a difficult speedbump to jump over had it not been for his religious affiliation.

And, while I certainly would never personally subscribe to mormonism myself, the irony of the evangelical opinion of mormons speaks to the concern secularists have with all the dogma soaked politics. To me, it's ALL fiction.. unfortunatly for mormons, the evangelicals feel the same way about mormons.

I had a conversation this weekend with a staunch evangelical friend and asked her if she can understand why secularists don't trust "dogma on the sleave" christians in office and she said (predictably) not at all. Then I asked her if she would ever vote for a Jahovas Witness and she said (again, predictably) never. I'm reminded of Kennedy's catholicism. Still, I think it's a shame, even if ironic as hell, that it's mitt's religion that seems to be checking his chances.

Next time you talk to your friend ask for biblical quotes of Hell. Then ask what the bible says happens when we die. And what it says about going to heaven, now be sure to demand biblical quotes. An even better one is to ask about the trinity. You may be unaware but that is the belief that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one entity. After they wax poetic on the trinity ask them why if God and Jesus are one entity, Jesus prays to God in all those passages in the bible and why he specifically states his power does not come from him but rather from God.

Fortunately for her only evil people will be forever dead. She has a chance even if her church is not the right one ( though I doubt any church run by man is truly the right one)

Organized religion can be pretty damn stupid and dogmatic, all of them, mine included. But that is because men run them. We are imperfect and so can never have a perfect church until Jesus returns and reestablishes it.

oh i'm very aware of the internal conflict among christian denominations. I've had the pleasure of debating my christian acquaintances using their specific interpretations of the bible as arguements against their claim to the exclusivity of their faith. As an athiest with no dog in that race I get to be quite objective in the rationalization of dogmas. Like I said, I find it rich that mormons and jahovas witness are seen in a different light than catholics or evangelicals.

My niece is engaged to a nice young man from Utah as a matter of fact. We had a very interesting conversation about Mormonism over memorial day weekend. Like I said.. nice kid.

oh i'm very aware of the internal conflict among christian denominations. I've had the pleasure of debating my christian acquaintances using their specific interpretations of the bible as arguements against their claim to the exclusivity of their faith. As an athiest with no dog in that race I get to be quite objective in the rationalization of dogmas. Like I said, I find it rich that mormons and jahovas witness are seen in a different light than catholics or evangelicals.

My niece is engaged to a nice young man from Utah as a matter of fact. We had a very interesting conversation about Mormonism over memorial day weekend. Like I said.. nice kid.

By the way, I will be branded a heritic but.... The Bible is clear only true evil will be left forever dead. It does NOT stipulate anything else, it even allows for those that never learned about Jesus and it clearly includes Jews so even the idea they do not believe in Jesus is not enough to condemn them. Thus anyone that is not evil, worshipping Satan and choosing him as their deity , will be given a place. This includes every religion and every athiest in the world, they will be judged on their deeds.

God is a FORGIVING God.

Psst don't tell anyone I said the above LOL.

I certainly don't dispute the logic behind such a strategy. If you are going to have to take a liberal president it might as well be one that craps on the dems rather than be like the liberal crapping on the reps these days.

Isn't is a shame that it's romneys choice of dogma that is keeping him from swooping down and claiming the rep nomination? 08 would be less unstable if Mitt were a catholic or a baptist. I know you empathize with people who deal with that kind of bullshit. He's pretty much the posterboy for modern republicanism but.... the evangelicals throw their support at rudy because they see mormonism as every bit of a cult as jahovas witness.

I was listening to some dude on the conservative radio station complaining about catholics in chicago telling their parishioners that only good christians support recent illegal immigration. The ironies of 08 are quite staggering.

http://tinyurl.com/2opbx7

Democrat Hillary Clinton would lose to all major Republican White House candidates, according to a hypothetical election matchup poll Monday, reversing her months of dominance over potential 2008 challengers.

Six weeks to go...gonna pick a loser from the getgo....???

By the way, I will be branded a heritic but.... The Bible is clear only true evil will be left forever dead. It does NOT stipulate anything else, it even allows for those that never learned about Jesus and it clearly includes Jews so even the idea they do not believe in Jesus is not enough to condemn them. Thus anyone that is not evil, worshipping Satan and choosing him as their deity , will be given a place. This includes every religion and every athiest in the world, they will be judged on their deeds.

God is a FORGIVING God.

Psst don't tell anyone I said the above LOL.

You're no heretic in my book. I take quite seriously the Biblical commandment, reaffirmed by Jesus, to judge not. It is not any of our prerogative to consign anybody to hell, and I think those who attempt to do so seriously err. If nothing else convinced me of that fact, it would be the benefits that I experience through a relationship with Jesus Christ and my belief that everybody would and can benefit from that. But I don't know a single soul that ever came to know Jesus by being told that he or she was going to hell.

What I find the most interesting is given this moral, conservative, republican party, their primary candidate is anything but, so this year the right is moving left as the left moved right during Clinton, who says global warming ain't real. :badgrin: Anything is possible it seems.

You Libs worry too much....its your turn....

I think, only 3 times in the past 86 years have the same party held the presidency for longer than 8 years.....so ......its your turn....:lol:

If the dems win in 08 I damn well hope it is Clinton....

If Rudy wins and the choice is him or her... I may vote for her because if we are going to have a liberal in Office I would rather it be a Democrat so that when that Liberal screws up we know what party is to blame.

:rofl: :exclaim:

Someone pinch me!

All I know is that barring someone new joining in, I'll be disappointed whoever wins, Dem or Rep.

All I know is that barring someone new joining in, I'll be disappointed whoever wins, Dem or Rep.

THAT I definitely agree with; although, I could deal with Thompson. The rest are the biggest pack of screwballs I've seen.

The scariest part is the GOP is imploding which will pretty much give the screwiest of them all the Oval Office.

Get ready for lightening of the wallet.

THAT I definitely agree with; although, I could deal with Thompson. The rest are the biggest pack of screwballs I've seen.

The scariest part is the GOP is imploding which will pretty much give the screwiest of them all the Oval Office.

Clinton, Guiliani, Obama, Romney, Mc Cain, Kuchinich, Paul, Biden....

You think someone who is "dumb as hell" and who spied for Nixon during Watergate should be president?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/10/nixon-on-thomps.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/

You think someone who is "dumb as hell" and who spied for Nixon during Watergate should be president?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/10/nixon-on-thomps.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/

If you want to disredit Thompson, I'm sure you can do better than this. I find it absolutely hillarious that a liberal is quoting Nixon's opinion in an attempt to discredit him.:rofl:

I wish y'all learn from Kerry's horrendous failure trying to run for office by dredging up crap that happened 35 -40 years ago. EVEN IF he was dumb then, it means nothing now.

I'll take his Congressional voting record over any of the other Republican candidates hands down, and most definitely over the two Democrats.

If you want to disredit Thompson, I'm sure you can do better than this. I find it absolutely hillarious that a liberal is quoting Nixon's opinion in an attempt to discredit him.:rofl:

I wish y'all learn from Kerry's horrendous failure trying to run for office by dredging up crap that happened 35 -40 years ago. EVEN IF he was dumb then, it means nothing now.

I'll take his Congressional voting record over any of the other Republican candidates hands down, and most definitely over the two Democrats.

Hmmmmmm.... funny thing about that. If Nixon ran today, he couldn't even get the Dem nod because he was too "liberal". He was an environmentalist (started the EPA), was socially liberal, opened China. If you ask me, I'll also tell you that I think had he not be a paranoid psycho and gotten all caught up in political sabotage, he'd be known as probably one of our greatest presidents ever. So, yes, I think his opinion that Thompson was a cypher is relevant. Besides, having seen Thompson's efforts at debate, I think he's none too sharp.

I think he's more of the same dangerous garbage we've had for the past seven years.

Hmmmmmm.... funny thing about that. If Nixon ran today, he couldn't even get the Dem nod because he was too "liberal". He was an environmentalist (started the EPA), was socially liberal, opened China. If you ask me, I'll also tell you that I think had he not be a paranoid psycho and gotten all caught up in political sabotage, he'd be known as probably one of our greatest presidents ever. So, yes, I think his opinion that Thompson was a cypher is relevant. Besides, having seen Thompson's efforts at debate, I think he's none too sharp.

I think he's more of the same dangerous garbage we've had for the past seven years.

Now where is all those clamoring for the avoidance of the "rancor" of 2004?

You Libs worry too much....its your turn....

I think, only 3 times in the past 86 years have the same party held the presidency for longer than 8 years.....so ......its your turn....:lol:

And you don't find something highly hypocritical about Rudy running in the party that condemned Bill for a blow job! Isn't SEX your largest problem with being human.

Now where is all those clamoring for the avoidance of the "rancor" of 2004?

hehehehe... critically thinking about fred thompson is automatic rancor? Stop trying to set the scales, dude. If her post conveys rancor then ken mehlman must eat right through the lining of your stomach!

Forum List

Back