A black man in Michigan tried to deposit checks at his bank. The manager called police

That man was not trying to scam anything.

Liar. He's trying again.

The lawsuit says Thomas was humiliated by the incident and suffered mental anguish and emotional distress. He is seeking damages.

No he isn't. Your white ass has never faced racism. So you are ignorant to the psychological effects.

You're just a fragile little snowflake, aren't you?

Being abusive to whites all day every day, is therapeutic for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking the truth to racists about their racism isn't abuse.

Farakan teach you that?

You have a man crush on Farrakhan or something, boy?

Banks put a hold usually 7 days on large checks
When I opened a checking account down here I did it with my last rag consultant check which was $178,000.00...they cleared 5 grand instantly

This is just a shucking and jiving crybaby ****** who already swindled anothEr company claiming racial discrimination...
More crackerology.

Do you refer to your own child as a cracker too?

No, because he doesn't look for reasons to denigrate blacks in obvious cases of white racism.

Or you’ll beat his cracker ass?

Yawn!

White-Fragility-Love-Life-Of-An-Asian-Guy-Photo.jpg

No he isn't. Your white ass has never faced racism. So you are ignorant to the psychological effects.

You're just a fragile little snowflake, aren't you?

Being abusive to whites all day every day, is therapeutic for him.

Speaking the truth to racists about their racism isn't abuse.

Farakan teach you that?

You have a man crush on Farrakhan or something, boy?

Who you calling boy. That’s a racist term. Farakan is your mentor, no? Everything you hoped to be.

Bank rep did not do anything wrong. Leftist media and our victim culture is ridiculous.

I agree with you up until the point she spoke to his lawyer and she still didn't believe him. Also, she called the police on him. Sounds like a dumb arse. How the hell does she get to work in a bank.
Bank protocol is to call the police just in case. There are many hack attorneys out there. She didn’t do anything wrong

Banks put a hold usually 7 days on large checks
When I opened a checking account down here I did it with my last rag consultant check which was $178,000.00...they cleared 5 grand instantly

This is just a shucking and jiving crybaby ****** who already swindled anothEr company claiming racial discrimination...
More crackerology.

Do you refer to your own child as a cracker too?

No, because he doesn't look for reasons to denigrate blacks in obvious cases of white racism.

Or you’ll beat his cracker ass?

Yawn!

Must have been some interesting dynamics at your dinner table. Or did he live with your baby mama?

Yes, you're a racist snowflake. Now don't commit a crime in response.

Another example of your white fragility.

Your criminality doesn't make me fragile.
Your inability to accept the facts presented by the OP and your postings show that you have an extreme case of white fragility.

If you want to see examples of whites here who don't suffer from white fragility, read Ft. Wayne, rightwinger and tommytainant's postings.

I totally accept that Sauntore Thomas tried to cash a check without a balance high enough to cover it.
And then he whined that the bank was racist. I also accept that the bank will probably try to minimize bad publicity by cutting him a check.

I can't wait for the story of his third payday attempt.

So now you're just going to make shit up that's not true because you can't handle the truth.

What did I make up?

Another example of your white fragility.

Your criminality doesn't make me fragile.
Your inability to accept the facts presented by the OP and your postings show that you have an extreme case of white fragility.

If you want to see examples of whites here who don't suffer from white fragility, read Ft. Wayne, rightwinger and tommytainant's postings.

I totally accept that Sauntore Thomas tried to cash a check without a balance high enough to cover it.
And then he whined that the bank was racist. I also accept that the bank will probably try to minimize bad publicity by cutting him a check.

I can't wait for the story of his third payday attempt.

So now you're just going to make shit up that's not true because you can't handle the truth.

What did I make up?

All this racist rhetoric needs to stop [emoji113].

Last edited:
Although there are many who refuse to believe this (or just don't care that racial discrimination is still occuring in year 2020) I have plenty of first hand experience to the contrary.

I just read in the news yesterday that former Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf has been barred from the banking industry for life after it was exposed that Wells Fargo employees were opening additional accounts of their existing customers without their knowledge or consent.

A black man in Michigan tried to deposit checks at his bank. The manager called police.

Ironically, the checks that Sauntore Thomas tried to deposit were from a settlement for a racial discrimination lawsuit against his former employer.
200124-sauntore-thomas-ew-1016a_a724169e049fac56a43d4d6e25133da8.fit-760w.jpg

Sauntore Thomas, right, and his lawyer, Deborah Gordon, left, on Jan. 23, 2020 in Bloomfield Hills,

Mich.Mike Householder / AP
Jan. 24, 2020, 8:51 AM PST
By Minyvonne Burke

An African American man who went to his local bank in Michigan to deposit checks had the police called on him by a branch manager suspecting fraud.

Ironically, the checks, totaling $99,000, that Sauntore Thomas, 44, sought to deposit at TCF Bank in Livonia were part of a court settlement for a racial discrimination lawsuit against his former employer.

Now Thomas, an Air Force veteran, has sued his bank's holding company, TCF Financial Corp., alleging racial discrimination.

The suit filed this week in Wayne County Circuit Court says Thomas has had a checking account at the bank since 2018, and he went there on Tuesday asking the branch manager to open a savings account for him so he could deposit the checks.

But the manager became suspicious that the checks were fraudulent and questioned Thomas about where he got them, the suit alleges.

The manager told Thomas that the checks would need to be verified, but that the computer system the bank uses to verify checks was not working. In order to complete Thomas' transaction, the manager said she would need to go in the back and "call in the checks," the suit says.

Instead of trying to verify the checks, the suit claims that the manager refused to deposit them and then went into the back to call Livonia police. Four officers arrived at the bank and questioned Thomas about the checks.

Thomas called his lawyer on the phone to have her verify where he got the checks from but that still did not satisfy the branch manager.

"Defendant still refused to deposit the checks," the suit states. "TCF Bank subsequently filed a police report against Plaintiff for check fraud."

Thomas eventually left the bank and went somewhere else to deposit his checks. The lawsuit claims that Thomas' race "was a factor in Defendant's decision to treat him less favorably than other individuals."

Thomas reiterated that sentiment during an interview with the The Associated Press.

“They did not want to assist me because I was African American. They didn’t want to assist me because they assumed that I had a fraudulent check, which was far from the truth," he told the outlet, adding, "This was no mistake."

A spokesman for TCF did not immediately return NBC News' request for comment. The bank told the Detroit Free Press in a statement that the police should not have been called on Thomas and that it apologizes for what happened.

“We strongly condemn racism and discrimination of any kind,” the bank said. “We take extra precautions involving large deposits and requests for cash, and in this case, we were unable to validate the checks presented by Mr. Thomas and regret we could not meet his needs.”

The lawsuit says Thomas was humiliated by the incident and suffered mental anguish and emotional distress. He is seeking damages.

A black man in Michigan tried to deposit checks at his bank. The manager called police.

The lawsuit says Thomas was humiliated by the incident and suffered mental anguish and emotional distress.

View attachment 302335

That would be true. Racism does create psychological harm.

Getting paid should help with that. Maybe if you had got paid, you wouldn’t be so busted. [emoji1787]

I live pretty comfortably on my investments. How about you? But the problem with your ignorance is in your inability to understand the overall psychological damage done to communities of color because of whites who continue practicing racism.

do you speak out about black on black crime, single parent families, abortion, crime, terrible graduation rates etc etc etc in the black community too? No I bet you think its all whiteys fault lmao.

Why didn't a grown man with a job already have a savings account?

He sued his former employer......he may not have a job currently.
OK. I'll rephrase. Why didn't a grown man already have a savings account?

I don't have a savings account, but I have two checking accounts at different banks. What about it? Savings accounts pay shit for interest and they are harder to access when you need to money.
It seems odd to me that's all. Anyway, I went back and reread the article. I thought he was a new customer. Actually, he already had a checking account there. Now that he had that check he wanted to open a saving account too. My bad.

Last edited:
Bank rep did not do anything wrong. Leftist media and our victim culture is ridiculous.

I agree with you up until the point she spoke to his lawyer and she still didn't believe him. Also, she called the police on him. Sounds like a dumb arse. How the hell does she get to work in a bank.
Bank protocol is to call the police just in case. There are many hack attorneys out there. She didn’t do anything wrong

As long as it is proven she has a habit of doing so, you may be right.

As long as it is proven she has a habit of doing so, you may be right.
Not per se “she” but others like her at the Bank.

It happens to whites as well. To such a degree that the banks are protected:
Your bank may deny your items for deposit if they have reason to be suspicious. Suspicious items are covered in Regulation CC 229.13

The man himself may have been acting suspicious to further his discrimination career. Who knows. Regardless, it is legally, the banker's call. And with the amount at stake, I am sure the bank wanted to err on the side of the bank.
Banks are equal opportunity discriminators. They hate us all...

There was nothing at stake. Since the negro was depositing the checks and not cashing the checks.

Depositing them means the bank possesses them now. Yes and so the bank can hold them for as many days as they need to for verifying their authencity ---before disbursing any funds!--- and yes the bank mgr. is the one sole person fully aware of this legal fact. These facts verify that she proudly wore her racism on her lapel, in this case.

Nonetheless once the negro in the story here did call up other professional Caucasians who verified to the bank mgr. that his checks were legit ---but the bank mgr. still refused to deposit the checks AND filed a criminal charge against him?

Every intelligent person here knows exactly what racism's bank mgr. called herself doing, on behalf of all USA White racists
angry at Affirmative Action concepts like the kind which got that negro $99,000.

It is very apparent in today's culture that Racists don't need to know each other, personally, in order to stick together at every racial moment in America.

And no, banks don't hate us all.
That is proven by how many thousands of banks have had to pay damages to negro plaintiffs, as former-patrons, for a variety of racist reasons since the 1960's (loans, services, etiquette, etc) no doubt.

And I don't see where your Bank Reg CC 229.13 defines 'suspicious' as being, Caucasian. However from 1863-2020 we know for a fact that it is always viewed as, suspicious, whenever a darkskinned negro male enters any bank in the USA.

Last edited:
Your bank may deny your items for deposit if they have reason to be suspicious. Suspicious items are covered in Regulation CC 229.13

The man himself may have been acting suspicious to further his discrimination career. Who knows. Regardless, it is legally, the banker's call. And with the amount at stake, I am sure the bank wanted to err on the side of the bank.

There was nothing at stake. Since the negro was depositing the checks and not cashing the checks.

Depositing them means the bank possesses them now. Yes and so the bank can hold them for as many days as they need to for verifying their authencity ---before disbursing any funds!--- and yes the bank mgr. is the one sole person fully aware of this legal fact. These facts verify that she proudly wore her racism on her lapel, in this case.

Nonetheless once the negro in the story here did call up other professional Caucasians who verified to the bank mgr. that his checks were legit ---but the bank mgr. still refused to deposit the checks AND filed a criminal charge against him?

Every intelligent person here knows exactly what racism's bank mgr. called herself doing, on behalf of all USA White racists
angry at Affirmative Action concepts like the kind which got that negro $99,000.

It is very apparent in today's culture that Racists don't need to know each other, personally, in order to stick together at every racial moment in America.

That is proven by how many thousands of banks have had to pay damages to negro plaintiffs, as former-patrons, for a variety of racist reasons since the 1960's (loans, services, etiquette, etc) no doubt.

And I don't see where your Bank Reg CC 229.13 defines 'suspicious' as being, Caucasian. However from 1863-2020 we know for a fact that it is always viewed as, suspicious, whenever a darkskinned negro male enters any bank in the USA.

He did want cash to buy a used car.

Then such a non-flashy, unappealing, vital item is simply just more, proof, that the bank mgr. was being racist in the moment/had no need to treat a law-abiding citizen that way.

Then such a non-flashy, unappealing, vital item is simply just more, proof, that the bank mgr. was being racist in the moment/had no need to treat a law-abiding citizen that way.

Exactly! She must cash his check, even though he had insufficient funds, because.....black.

This thread is ignorant and stupid. Apparently you can never call the police on a black guy for any reason at any time or else youre a racist...

This is very unfortunate, to read, as you impress that you are outraged that this bank mgr. was not allowed to be a racist.

lol

Now thanks to her dumbass, her bank/her employer will have to add to the negro's racial discrimination funds that he deposits into banks. Once she recvd proof from the White atty, that the negro's checks were real and legit, is when she should've stopped being racist at that point.

Although there are many who refuse to believe this (or just don't care that racial discrimination is still occuring in year 2020) I have plenty of first hand experience to the contrary.

I just read in the news yesterday that former Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf has been barred from the banking industry for life after it was exposed that Wells Fargo employees were opening additional accounts of their existing customers without their knowledge or consent.

Ironically, the checks that Sauntore Thomas tried to deposit were from a settlement for a racial discrimination lawsuit against his former employer.

Sauntore Thomas, right, and his lawyer, Deborah Gordon, left, on Jan. 23, 2020 in Bloomfield Hills,

By Minyvonne Burke

An African American man who went to his local bank in Michigan to deposit checks had the police called on him by a branch manager suspecting fraud.

Ironically, the checks, totaling $99,000, that Sauntore Thomas, 44, sought to deposit at TCF Bank in Livonia were part of a court settlement for a racial discrimination lawsuit against his former employer.

Now Thomas, an Air Force veteran, has sued his bank's holding company, TCF Financial Corp., alleging racial discrimination.

The suit filed this week in Wayne County Circuit Court says Thomas has had a checking account at the bank since 2018, and he went there on Tuesday asking the branch manager to open a savings account for him so he could deposit the checks.

But the manager became suspicious that the checks were fraudulent and questioned Thomas about where he got them, the suit alleges.

The manager told Thomas that the checks would need to be verified, but that the computer system the bank uses to verify checks was not working. In order to complete Thomas' transaction, the manager said she would need to go in the back and "call in the checks," the suit says.

Instead of trying to verify the checks, the suit claims that the manager refused to deposit them and then went into the back to call Livonia police. Four officers arrived at the bank and questioned Thomas about the checks.

Thomas called his lawyer on the phone to have her verify where he got the checks from but that still did not satisfy the branch manager.

"Defendant still refused to deposit the checks," the suit states. "TCF Bank subsequently filed a police report against Plaintiff for check fraud."

Thomas eventually left the bank and went somewhere else to deposit his checks. The lawsuit claims that Thomas' race "was a factor in Defendant's decision to treat him less favorably than other individuals."

Thomas reiterated that sentiment during an interview with the The Associated Press.

“They did not want to assist me because I was African American. They didn’t want to assist me because they assumed that I had a fraudulent check, which was far from the truth," he told the outlet, adding, "This was no mistake."

A spokesman for TCF did not immediately return NBC News' request for comment. The bank told the Detroit Free Press in a statement that the police should not have been called on Thomas and that it apologizes for what happened.

“We strongly condemn racism and discrimination of any kind,” the bank said. “We take extra precautions involving large deposits and requests for cash, and in this case, we were unable to validate the checks presented by Mr. Thomas and regret we could not meet his needs.”

No excuse for the bank to treat people this way.

By Minyvonne Burke

No excuse for the bank to treat people this way.

Which way?

Forum List

Back