A bit more of your merciful god.

In judges, chapter 11, jephthah made a deal with god if he was victorious over the Ammonites, he would sacrifice the first person to greet him on his return, by burning them alive.
He did indeed win and upon his return, was gleefully greeted by his daughter. Sadly the news was not goid. He cooked her a couple of months later to satisfy this ghost they believed in.
God never said a word apparently but when Abraham prepared his son to be barbecued as a sacrifice, at the very last minute, somehow Abraham got an email from God who suggested he spare him.

Its a shame your merciful god didn't show the same compassion for jephthats daughter as ge did for Isaac. This is the stuff you teach little kids.
How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?
You got it bad, bro.

Can you run those immaculate conception and virgin births things past me again. I'm doubtful that is the truth you speak of.
How can you arrogantly suggest you know what God thinks about the lies he is supposed to have written and witnessed? .
You don't. You only think you do and fabricate crap to suit yourself.
Commandments???
You have to be kidding?
The only people who break commandments are religious people. They don't exist for an atheist.

So defeated in one lie, you bounce instantly to another?

How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?
Colin, who taught you the Bible? And, I have a follow-up question: What was the personal event where God deeply disappointed you? I think your own story may be more valuable than anything from the Bible.

Is it just me or does it seem that Christians and Christianity are being increasingly attacked now a days?
I think the problem is the prophet Hal Lindsey. He changed everything in the early 1970. Lots of traditional churches split m

I think the problem is the prophet Hal Lindsey. He changed everything in the early 1970. Lots of traditional churches split m
That makes about as much sense as banning law abiding citizens from owning guns because criminals broke laws.

That makes about as much sense as banning law abiding citizens from owning guns because criminals broke laws.
This doesn't have anything to do with banning anyone. It's just evangelical futurism which names modern countries in place of biblical history. It's more political than religious. They may do the most damage to Christians.

This doesn't have anything to do with banning anyone. It's just evangelical futurism which names modern countries in place of biblical history. It's more political than religious. They may do the most damage to Christians.
It has to do with attacking Christians who had nothing whatsoever to do with Hal Lindsey or anything he did.

It was an analogy. An example of how stupid that would be. Not to mention a textbook example of an external locus of control.

It has to do with attacking Christians who had nothing whatsoever to do with Hal Lindsey or anything he did.

It was an analogy. An example of how stupid that would be. Not to mention a textbook example of an external locus of control.
Aren't you familiar with the evangelical fundamentalists futurists? Lots of people don't have a clue where their beliefs came from.

Christians think all children are tainted with sin the moment they are born
It seems you don't know what Christians think, or perhaps not even what Original Sin is. It is in the nature of mankind to want to know both good and evil. It was not just Adam (meaning mankind as a whole) and Eve (meaning the mother).

What bothers me so much about those who do not believe is that they stop with such shallow thinking....thinking others think just as shallowly as they do.

This is meant solely as an observation, no insult intended. I am sure you and almost every other non-theist are deep thinkers as it relates to other things. For whatever reason(s) scratching beneath the surface when it comes to scripture is not possible for some. Kind of like seeing a flower petal and having no clue there are roots. Or perhaps you were taught solely about the petal and no one bothered to mention the roots?

Aren't you familiar with the evangelical fundamentalists futurists? Lots of people don't have a clue where their beliefs came from.
Only in so far as it seems you see them hiding around every corner and are the primary reason for your apparent anti-christianity sentiment.

I have never encouraged anyone to leave their silly beliefs. I have only ever exposed thr hypocrisy and lies they base their lives on and teach vulnerable kids.
Uh huh. It's funny how you expect anyone to believe that. I expect it's just cover for your failure to sway anyone away from their faith.
Try and stick with the facts. The likes of make my position easy. Youre another godbotherers who cannot tolerate being told the facts.
You stalk me everywhere I go thinking you can defeat me with your silly religion.
Youre dreaming.
Oh, no, I can't make a dent in your closed mind. Never thought I could.

But God can.

Forum List

Back