A Better Way: Tax Reform (Individual)

end the income tax on Labor.
Ideally, we would tax consumption instead of labor.

The Republican corporate tax reform attempts to move in that direction.
Not sure if I am completely sold on the idea of moving to a consumption tax. I prefer taxing all sources of income in the same manner rather than the current practice of targeting labor and giving the others a benefit. The multiplicative power of money gives it a distinct advantage over labor in the first place and taxing consumption will tend to shift power up as our current tax system does.
It's NOT a consumption tax.

g5000 has got you all turned-on over nothing.

It is being analogized to a consumption tax because there is no corporate deduction for foreign-goods' COGS.

So g5000 is getting all confused.

The individual tax does not even resemble a consumption tax in any way.

It simply has lower rates and a few less deductions and huge tax cuts for the rich like Trump himself regarding the individual alt min tax repeal.

You need to go back to school with g5000 too.

This is what happens when morons who know nothing about tax talk about tax.
You are reading things that are not there. I was not speaking to any particular initive in my responce to G. I was speaking directly to his support of a consumption tax.

The moral of this story is now:

"Don't be a stupid d!ck either."
This is STILL the moral of this story.

Yes it is. You should try to stop being one then.

Not sure if I am completely sold on the idea of moving to a consumption tax. I prefer taxing all sources of income in the same manner rather than the current practice of targeting labor and giving the others a benefit. The multiplicative power of money gives it a distinct advantage over labor in the first place and taxing consumption will tend to shift power up as our current tax system does.

It is being analogized to a consumption tax because there is no corporate deduction for foreign-goods' COGS.

It simply has lower rates and a few less deductions and huge tax cuts for the rich like Trump himself regarding the individual alt min tax repeal.

You are reading things that are not there. I was not speaking to any particular initive in my responce to G. I was speaking directly to his support of a consumption tax.

Even the French who invented the consumption tax back in the early 1960's still also have an income tax.

So you are fantasizing that the income tax would ever go away.

It has been here since the US Civil War off and on, and continuously since the 16th Amendment in 1913 in the USA.

Your pipe dream is a fantasy.

And after you go back to school you would learn about regressive consumption taxes and why that is bad.

So that's why you need to go back to school or give up ruminating about tax.

Leave tax to the tax experts.

why not end the personal income tax, instead? we find more generic ways and means of raising revenue.

I meant income on actual labor, not just any income.
"Income" is any accretion to wealth.

No reason to limit the tax on it to labor only -- unless you are a trust baby with special needs.

:D
there is if the right insists on nationalizing our work ethic for their social Causes.

No reason to limit the tax on it to labor only -- unless you are a trust baby with special needs.

there is if the right insists on nationalizing our work ethic for their social Causes.
Trust baby ?!

only artificial persons should have to pay tax on income.
There is not enough revenue from the corp tax alone.

And most corp tax experts would argue that the individual tax is more fair than the corp tax because they argue that the corp tax is a double tax.

But the current tax law gives a capital gain benefit for corp dividends, so the double tax is low.

why not end the personal income tax, instead? we find more generic ways and means of raising revenue.
Go back to school.

Or google "regressive tax" and read the wiki.

Even the French who invented the consumption tax back in the early 1960's still also have an income tax.

So you are fantasizing that the income tax would ever go away.

It has been here since the US Civil War off and on, and continuously since the 16th Amendment in 1913 in the USA.

Your pipe dream is a fantasy.

And after you go back to school you would learn about regressive consumption taxes and why that is bad.

So that's why you need to go back to school or give up ruminating about tax.

Leave tax to the tax experts.
^Spambot.

Man you are slow.

I am the one that opposed a consumption and do not support eliminating the income tax. Do you even bother to read the comments that you cannot help calling dumb?

Because I have seen no other tax method that would be as effective or equitable.

Trust baby ?!
no trust. only market based metrics.

Forum List

Back