A basic question.

]Get a dictionary Bernie....because my response doesn't fit the definition of hypocrisy. Just because YOU don't like my response, doesn't automatically equate it to a negative connotation of meaning.

Yes it does. When you accuse someone of not responding to your posts then do the same yourself, as evidenced by you not replying to the post I referenced, you are by definition a hypocrite.

Libertarians are just a bunch of deluded assholes who fashion themselves Old West pioneers who are self sufficient islands in America.....they use all the federal tax funded programs to get what they want, and they whine like pigs when they perceive a tax that will pay for a program/service they don't use or help out someone who they perceive "lazy" because they didn't go through the same "hardships" (real or perceived).

And all you have shown here is that you don't know what a libertarian is. The above could not be further from the truth if you wanted it to be.

I called you out Bernie, because YOU AUTOMATICALLY PAINTED THE JOBS I WAS TALKING ABOUT AS "UNSKILLED".

Major error on your part, Bernie.....if you had bothered reading through the thread, you'd have noticed my REPEATED references to customer service jobs for corporations.....some being IT, some being HR...corporations like Citi Bank or AOL or AT&T outsource those jobs and have been doing so for some time.....WHITE COLLAR JOBS, BERNIE! JOBS that American's can use now, as they were needed since Reaganomics took hold.

Clearly you are the one that needs to know what they are talking about before they say it. Clearly you don't work as a customer service phone rep. I do on the other hand. My job is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination. My job is to know our product and answer questions about it. Pretty simple.

One way to "fix" the problem was the bill proposed by the White House/Dems that would stop tax breaks for this practice WHILE OFFERING TAX INCENTIVES TO CREATE JOBS IN AMERICA. I voted people into office precisely to FIX such problems, Bernie. But the GOP with 4 Dems had other plans.
So again, why should I support these jokers in the up coming elections? A simple question, but all I get is a lot of hot air, personal attacks and whiny BS from clowns like YOU, Bernie. If you DON'T OR CAN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION, THEN DON'T....BUT SPARE ME ALL YOUR VERBAL WHORING FOR THE CORPORATE CHURCH.

The above is a simple illustration that you clearly aren't aware of libertarian positions. Believe it or not they would agree with you on the first part. When we say government needs to get out of the way of business we mean it in EVERY sense. Not just deregulating industries but also severing ties with business in the form of tax break incentives for doing this or that.

You should not support dems for the fundamental reason of how they view the role of government. They seem to believe the role of government is to 'fix' things yet don't realize the more they try to do that the more they fuck it up. And there are republicans that should not be supported either. Career politicians, business as usual Washington types that still do favors for special interest etc.

Last edited:
]Get a dictionary Bernie....because my response doesn't fit the definition of hypocrisy. Just because YOU don't like my response, doesn't automatically equate it to a negative connotation of meaning.

Yes it does. When you accuse someone of not responding to your posts then do the same yourself, as evidenced by you not replying to the post I referenced, you are by definition a hypocrite.

As the chronology of the posts shows, I point out that those who responded to my post DID NOT answer the question put forth in that post. Big difference from what you accuse me of...if you don't understand that, get an adult to explain it to you.
And since YOU cannot provide a point of reference where you accuse me of hypocrisy, your repeating the accusations without proof is just blowing smoke on your part.

Libertarians are just a bunch of deluded assholes who fashion themselves Old West pioneers who are self sufficient islands in America.....they use all the federal tax funded programs to get what they want, and they whine like pigs when they perceive a tax that will pay for a program/service they don't use or help out someone who they perceive "lazy" because they didn't go through the same "hardships" (real or perceived).

And all you have shown here is that you don't know what a libertarian is. The above could not be further from the truth if you wanted it to be.

So you say....but yet I've have not seen any "libertarian" totally denounce the blatant bigotry, racism and GOP partisan driven distortions and half truths that have been documented in the phony "grass roots" Tea Party movement. Get back to me when you do.
I called you out Bernie, because YOU AUTOMATICALLY PAINTED THE JOBS I WAS TALKING ABOUT AS "UNSKILLED".

Major error on your part, Bernie.....if you had bothered reading through the thread, you'd have noticed my REPEATED references to customer service jobs for corporations.....some being IT, some being HR...corporations like Citi Bank or AOL or AT&T outsource those jobs and have been doing so for some time.....WHITE COLLAR JOBS, BERNIE! JOBS that American's can use now, as they were needed since Reaganomics took hold.

Clearly you are the one that needs to know what they are talking about before they say it. Clearly you don't work as a customer service phone rep. I do on the other hand. My job is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination. My job is to know our product and answer questions about it. Pretty simple.

So you can replaced by a trained monkey, ehh Bernie? Let me clue you in, Bernie....customer service for AT&T can include tech support for software problems....customer service for Citi bank requires knowledge of the banking system and particular accounts (investments, mortgages, etc.) Sorry, but I seriously doubt that anyone would go through the time and expense to outsource to idiots to whom English is a second language and American customs are foreign to handle such things...that would be bad business, as it would entail more problems than their worth. I don't buy your story one bit.

One way to "fix" the problem was the bill proposed by the White House/Dems that would stop tax breaks for this practice WHILE OFFERING TAX INCENTIVES TO CREATE JOBS IN AMERICA. I voted people into office precisely to FIX such problems, Bernie. But the GOP with 4 Dems had other plans.

So again, why should I support these jokers in the up coming elections? A simple question, but all I get is a lot of hot air, personal attacks and whiny BS from clowns like YOU, Bernie. If you DON'T OR CAN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION, THEN DON'T....BUT SPARE ME ALL YOUR VERBAL WHORING FOR THE CORPORATE CHURCH.

The above is a simple illustration that you clearly aren't aware of libertarian positions. Believe it or not they would agree with you on the first part. When we say government needs to get out of the way of business we mean it in EVERY sense. Not just deregulating industries but also severing ties with business in the form of tax break incentives for doing this or that.

And right there is a clear demonstration of how you libertarian lunkheads DON'T COMPREHEND what you read. I NEVER stated that gov't needs to get out of the way....my whole question goes around how gov't regulation of corporation is needed to save American jobs, as the deregulated corporations are operating NOT in the publics best interest. Any joker with grade school English comprehension can see that......so spare me your third rate attempt a propaganda spin....the chronology of the posts just won't let you get away with it.

You should not support dems for the fundamental reason of how they view the role of government. They seem to believe the role of government is to 'fix' things yet don't realize the more they try to do that the more they fuck it up. And there are republicans that should not be supported either. Career politicians, business as usual Washington types that still do favors for special interest etc.

Again, your libertarian BS won't fly here.....you mouth the rhetoric, but the conclusion of your assertions is just the same as the current neocon driven GOP....total deregulation and a quasi-reaganomic continuation of the mess we are now in.

You've answered the question, and I thank you for that. But I won't be supporting libertarian BS artists, nor will I support the GOP. I WILL support the Dems when they do bills like this one or health care reform (which they wussed out on, but that's another discussion), and I will support third party candidates that act accordingly.

We're done.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK! I've already stated such several times throughout this thread...MY POINT IS THAT THEY ARE DOING IT AT THE EXPENSE OF THE AMERICAN WORKER BY EXPLOITING CHEAPER OR NEAR-SLAVE LABOR IN OTHER COUNTRIES...AND THEY WANT US TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS AND GIVE THEM A TAX BREAK FOR IT. JEEZ, PAY ATTENTION!

So what would you rather do? Pay more for the product? Because if you keep all those workers here then stuff is going to cost more.

Really? Because we've been outsourcing for more than a decade now, and prices are STILL going up, not down. So spare me this lame ass neocon rhetoric.
But they weren't losing profit...they just weren't making an EXCESS in profit.

They wouldn't lose profit I guess but they would take a bit of a hit. Some companies might take a punch right in the chin and start losing money.

Translation: you agree with me, but you can't just fully concede the point, so you throw in "maybe" and "might be" to hedge your bet. Sorry, but that's not cutting it. There is NO proof that companies that stop outsourcing would lose their profit margin. If you are basing your profit margin SOLELY on the number of employees, then you're not doing good business.
Bull-Fucking-SHIT! Ever since Reaganomics took hold, we've seen what degregulation has wrought(S&L, Wall St., Enron, bank mortgages)...and outsourcing moved right along. It's plain old greed and avarice, genius....the beneficiaries are the owners, shareholders and investors...the losers are the middle and working class folks....just like it was before FDR said "ENOUGH"!

Deregulation? That's what they want you to think so the government can have even more control. Tell me how the government was not at fault at all for any of the things you brought up.

Do you understand what "reaganomics" was all about? If not, then do your homework or get an adult to explain it to you. Deregulation means less gov't oversight on how American corporations do business....and the S&L scandal, Enron, Wall St. and the bank mortgage fiasco are clear examples of what happens when the foxes are in charge of the hen house.
FINALLY! AN HONEST ANSWER! But given this statement of yours, do you not see the contradiction of all your defense for the GOP vote for outsourcing?

I'M NOT DEFENDING THE GOP. You said that, I didn't. I believe in what they are preaching but they don't deliver on what they are saying. If they did then this country would be much better off right now.

You can't believe in what they are preaching....because it's the SOS that was preached when Reagan first introduced "trickle-down" economics. Well, after 30 years, we've seen the results. You can't separate what they say from what they do. Grow up and deal with it.....a matter of history, a matter of fact.

Will someone please explain to me why the hell should I vote for a political party that DEFENDS companies and corporations outsourcing jobs to foreign countries only to sell the products to me at outrageous prices....AND get a tax break to do so?
Will someone please explain to me why the hell should I vote for a political party that DEFENDS companies and corporations outsourcing jobs to foreign countries only to sell the products to me at outrageous prices....AND get a tax break to do so? :confused:

If that is your only critical issue, you shouldn't vote for them.

That's the LATEST one......

Whom ever I decide to vote for, the decision I make isn't going to rely on the fact if the candidate defends job outsourcing.

But you're avoiding the point, as you avoided the question, as you avoid the consequences of your own suggestions.

This is NOT about what specific key issue(s) YOU determine your vote on.......it's a about a REAL, documented issue by which ONE party has already cast it's die....the GOP defending outsourcing by blocking/defeating a bill that would end tax breaks for outsourcing, BUT create tax breaks FOR companies THAT CREATE OR BRING HOME THOSE JOBS.

My question stands......why should I vote for such a party? The GOP politicians have already made JOBS a KEY issue in the upcoming campaigns. So convince me why I should vote for them given this action?

Your question should be, why vote for any party? You seem to single out the one when we both know that the other does the exact same.

Show me where and when the GOP put forth a bill that would remove tax breaks from corporations that outsource jobs and offer tax breaks for those who create jobs in America, then you have a point of discussion.

If you can't, then you're just blowing smoke to avoid admitting yet another GOP fuck up on the American people.

Will someone please explain to me why the hell should I vote for a political party that DEFENDS companies and corporations outsourcing jobs to foreign countries only to sell the products to me at outrageous prices....AND get a tax break to do so? :confused:
ONE IN THE SAME
images

Show me when and where the Dems filibustered and then voted down (with 4 GOP senators) a GOP bill that would have stopped tax breaks for corporations that outsourced?

I'll wait.

As the chronology of the posts shows, I point out that those who responded to my post DID NOT answer the question put forth in that post. Big difference from what you accuse me of...if you don't understand that, get an adult to explain it to you.
And since YOU cannot provide a point of reference where you accuse me of hypocrisy, your repeating the accusations without proof is just blowing smoke on your part.

You accussed a specific poster of ignoring your replies. You ignored mine, hence you are a hypocrite. End of story.

So you say....but yet I've have not seen any "libertarian" totally denounce the blatant bigotry, racism and GOP partisan driven distortions and half truths that have been documented in the phony "grass roots" Tea Party movement. Get back to me when you do.

Nor do I see anyone PROnouncing the strawman you have set up. That the GOP is the party of do no wrong, holier than thou. I and several others have said multiple times they are not. Don't blame the rest of us because you had to start an argument on a false premise in a lame attempt to makes yourself look good.

So you can replaced by a trained monkey, ehh Bernie? Let me clue you in, Bernie....customer service for AT&T can include tech support for software problems....customer service for Citi bank requires knowledge of the banking system and particular accounts (investments, mortgages, etc.) Sorry, but I seriously doubt that anyone would go through the time and expense to outsource to idiots to whom English is a second language and American customs are foreign to handle such things...that would be bad business, as it would entail more problems than their worth. I don't buy your story one bit.

Call me a liar all you want. You don't know me from adam, so you're 'I don't buy it' bullshit, is just that. It's a lame excuse when someone in real life doesn't fit your preconcieved notion. My job is not all that different than what you describe above. My company makes a product. I have to know that product inside and out in order to help people. Unfortunately there is nothing special about me as an American that makes such that someone else from another country couldn't learn and do the same. Obviously companies like Dell felt it was worthwhile to teach Indians about computers.

Taxes should not be used as a behavior modification tool one way or the other.

And this is where your strawman comes in again. To ask the question assumes that there is a whole bunch of people saying you should vote GOP on no other criteria than that they're GOP. I don't see anyone making such an argument.

And right there is a clear demonstration of how you libertarian lunkheads DON'T COMPREHEND what you read. I NEVER stated that gov't needs to get out of the way....my whole question goes around how gov't regulation of corporation is needed to save American jobs, as the deregulated corporations are operating NOT in the publics best interest. Any joker with grade school English comprehension can see that......so spare me your third rate attempt a propaganda spin....the chronology of the posts just won't let you get away with it.[/COLOR]

And I NEVER accussed you of making such a statement. I stated what the libertarian position would be. And you have blinders on if you think more regulation will make it easier for business to hire and build american.

Again, your libertarian BS won't fly here.....you mouth the rhetoric, but the conclusion of your assertions is just the same as the current neocon driven GOP....total deregulation and a quasi-reaganomic continuation of the mess we are now in.

The above would actually be a better definition of rhetoric. Void of substance or any objectively contradictory evidence. There is a difference between advocating no regulation and advocating that there is too much regulation.

You've answered the question, and I thank you for that. But I won't be supporting libertarian BS artists, nor will I support the GOP. I WILL support the Dems when they do bills like this one or health care reform (which they wussed out on, but that's another discussion), and I will support third party candidates that act accordingly.

Be done all you want. It doesn't surprise me. I don't care to deal with people that have to resort to calling people BS with no evidence to support it. You have a preconcieved notion of what a group of people thinks that simply isn't accurate. Either you have the integrity to want to understand or you want to be a right fighter where you have to resort to copping out before you look really bad. I think we can all see which one you are.

Really? Because we've been outsourcing for more than a decade now, and prices are STILL going up, not down. So spare me this lame ass neocon rhetoric.

Do you know the real reason for the prices going up? Inflation. You can thank the Fed for that. The biggest counterfeiters in the world.

Do you understand what "reaganomics" was all about? If not, then do your homework or get an adult to explain it to you. Deregulation means less gov't oversight on how American corporations do business....and the S&L scandal, Enron, Wall St. and the bank mortgage fiasco are clear examples of what happens when the foxes are in charge of the hen house.

Do you not see a difference in what they are saying and what they are doing? Every election they talk about cutting back spending to make government smaller so they can cut taxes. Instead they cut taxes and spend more. In 2000 Bush talked about a humble foreign policy and what does he do?

And all the scandals you bring up were brought on by the government. You want an answer for the current crisis? Look at what the Fed did to con people into thinking the market was prime with lower interest rates then there should have been. Look at what the government agencies known as Fannie and Freddie did? They basically took in all the debt. The government wanted more people to get homes which is good but they did it by creating a ponzi scheme that was destined to fail.

You can't believe in what they are preaching....because it's the SOS that was preached when Reagan first introduced "trickle-down" economics. Well, after 30 years, we've seen the results. You can't separate what they say from what they do. Grow up and deal with it.....a matter of history, a matter of fact.

I don't support trickle down economics and cutting deals with big companies like the Republicans have done. I support smaller government, humble foreign policy and abolishing the Fed. Things they talk about doing but as soon as they get elected, they look to line their own pockets with cash.

The free market can work if the government stays out of it as little as possible. Ask yourself this. If you were running a business then would you want the government telling you how to run your business? Would you?

Last edited:

You accussed a specific poster of ignoring your replies. You ignored mine, hence you are a hypocrite. End of story.

You're either stupid or a liar or both. Since I've responded to you and you've done likewise, your accusation is totally absurd. Again, the chronology of the post makes you out to be a deluded liar, Bernie...your protest to the contrary non-withstanding.

Nor do I see anyone PROnouncing the strawman you have set up. That the GOP is the party of do no wrong, holier than thou. I and several others have said multiple times they are not. Don't blame the rest of us because you had to start an argument on a false premise in a lame attempt to makes yourself look good.

Sorry Bernie...but you can't bullshit your way past the FACT that to date I don't see any self professed Libertarian on the public forum totally denounce the blatant bigotry, racism and GOP partisan driven distortions and half truths that have been documented in the phony "grass roots" Tea Party movement. And since I've pointed out time and again how you contradict yourself by trying to defend parts of the "outsourcing is good" mantra of the GOP and the corporations they defend, your statement gives off a serious hollow ring. Like I said, Libertarians are just full of it...but they swear their shit doesn't stink as bad as the GOP or the tea baggers. But as YOU just demonstrated on this thread Bernie, that is not the case.

Quote: Originally Posted by taichiliberal

Call me a liar all you want. You don't know me from adam, so you're 'I don't buy it' bullshit, is just that. It's a lame excuse when someone in real life doesn't fit your preconcieved notion. My job is not all that different than what you describe above. My company makes a product. I have to know that product inside and out in order to help people. Unfortunately there is nothing special about me as an American that makes such that someone else from another country couldn't learn and do the same. Obviously companies like Dell felt it was worthwhile to teach Indians about computers.

If you have to know the product inside out, Bernie....that means you also have to understand the nuances and nomenclature that is indicative to Americans. So Dell decides NOT to pay people like you American wages and benefits and shifts the job to India....so now they have to screen Indians who speak English and understand American english well enough to converse on the phone.....then they have to train them as YOU were trained.
Again, something that could have and should have been done in America WITHOUT the expense or tax breaks for that.

Once again Bernie, YOU are making excuses for corporations screwing the American public during times of high unemployment. You're full of it, Bernie....because your job is NOT something a trained monkey can do...IF you are actually doing tech customer service as I described....and if you are just doing basic sales customer service....why the hell does it need to be outsourced for any other reason than the corporation making a profit at the expense of American jobs? Give a rest, Bernie.

Taxes should not be used as a behavior modification tool one way or the other.

Yeah, but we're not dealing in theory, Bernie....the REALITY is that you DON'T USE TAX BREAKS TO REWARD OUTSOURCING JOBS. As you've previously defended outsourcing, you can't now suddenly get all technical regarding the tools used by forementioned corporations to do so. You can't have it both ways, Bernie....but Libertarians seem to always want to.

And this is where your strawman comes in again. To ask the question assumes that there is a whole bunch of people saying you should vote GOP on no other criteria than that they're GOP. I don't see anyone making such an argument.

No Bernie, the only strawman is your absurd interpretation or assumption, since my opening statement does not state anything of the sort as you assert. Put it this way, if I have to preface the statement with THIS IS JUST ONE ISSUE OF MANY I HAVE WITH THE GOP to stop smoke screen BS like yours, I'll do it next time.

And right there is a clear demonstration of how you libertarian lunkheads DON'T COMPREHEND what you read. I NEVER stated that gov't needs to get out of the way....my whole question goes around how gov't regulation of corporation is needed to save American jobs, as the deregulated corporations are operating NOT in the publics best interest. Any joker with grade school English comprehension can see that......so spare me your third rate attempt a propaganda spin....the chronology of the posts just won't let you get away with it.

And I NEVER accussed you of making such a statement. I stated what the libertarian position would be. And you have blinders on if you think more regulation will make it easier for business to hire and build american.

Stop bullshitting, Bernie....your previous statement CLEARLY alludes to me suggesting gov't needs to get out of the way. And as I pointed out, your libertarian bullshit is STILL echoing Reagan's "trickle down" nonsense. 30 YEARS later and a totally screwed up economy, and YOU and your ilk STILL STUBBORNLY WANT TO "STAY THE COURSE". Your shit stinks just as bad as the die hard neocon GOP, Bernie...and you just can't stand someone logically pointing that out.

The above would actually be a better definition of rhetoric. Void of substance or any objectively contradictory evidence. There is a difference between advocating no regulation and advocating that there is too much regulation.

All one has to do is just click back to original post to see what I was responding to.....only a fool would take an out of context quote and try to make something out of it that it wasn't. Once again, Bernie, you demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty, and the chronology of the posts proves thus.

Be done all you want. It doesn't surprise me. I don't care to deal with people that have to resort to calling people BS with no evidence to support it. You have a preconcieved notion of what a group of people thinks that simply isn't accurate. Either you have the integrity to want to understand or you want to be a right fighter where you have to resort to copping out before you look really bad. I think we can all see which one you are.

The chronology of the post makes you out to be a liar, Bernie. You can state otherwise until doomsday, but you can't erase the previous posts. I detest liars as yourself.....so you may blow the last predictable puff of libertarian smoke. You're done.

Do you know the real reason for the prices going up? Inflation. You can thank the Fed for that. The biggest counterfeiters in the world.

And outsourcing is a remedy? Outsourcing doesn't contribute to unemployment? Unemployment doesn't contribute to lack of sales? That's not part of the inflation equation? Urkie, you're like every other neocon parrot out there....you just just from one excuse to the other to defend the status quo, and then try to pretend one situation is isolated from the other.

Do you not see a difference in what they are saying and what they are doing? Every election they talk about cutting back spending to make government smaller so they can cut taxes. Instead they cut taxes and spend more. In 2000 Bush talked about a humble foreign policy and what does he do?

No argument there...and that's not my argument at this point....I'm pointing out a specific....the idiotic statement that outsourcing is GOOD for the economy, and giving corporations a tax break for doing so is just as GOOD. That's just plain absurd...but yet people are trying hard NOT to admit that, or point out the GOP defending it.

And all the scandals you bring up were brought on by the government. You want an answer for the current crisis? Look at what the Fed did to con people into thinking the market was prime with lower interest rates then there should have been. Look at what the government agencies known as Fannie and Freddie did? They basically took in all the debt. The government wanted more people to get homes which is good but they did it by creating a ponzi scheme that was destined to fail.

All the scandals mentioned were done when the corporations were NOT under gov't oversight. The Ponzi scheme was under DEREGULATION. In other words, Fannie and Freddie and EVERY OTHER BANKING INSTITUTION were NOT being properly regulated, and THEY PERPETRAITED THE SCHEME, NOT THE GOV'T. Deal with it.

I don't support trickle down economics and cutting deals with big companies like the Republicans have done. I support smaller government, humble foreign policy and abolishing the Fed. Things they talk about doing but as soon as they get elected, they look to line their own pockets with cash.

The free market can work if the government stays out of it as little as possible. Ask yourself this. If you were running a business then would you want the government telling you how to run your business? Would you?

You're not making sense.....Reaganomics is EXACTLY what you are describing here. Been there, done that...it was a disaster. So, are you saying that outsourcing and tax breaks for doing so are a bad thing?

Forum List

Back