94 people accused of 251 million in medicare fraud, 34 arrested in raids

Just another reason to end these programs. It's really shitty that people do this and what sucks more is I'd bet there are thousands more. I would like to add, and this is not to trash Obama but, finding these people and the claim of 250million is great but it's like a drop in the bucket being they want to save like 90billion to help pay for Obamacare. I do mean it in a nice way, it's great to catch these guys but I'd be willing to bet that most of them were the "bigger fish" that they could find and as smaller claims of fraud are out there in the thousands it would be near impossible to catch even most of them. I'd also like to see what the cost was to catch these people was, Government has a way of spending 100million to catch people that cause 50million in crimes. In this case maybe they saved more than it cost to stop them but as I said before I doubt they will find 250million to pin on 100 people, meaning a lot more money to follow up on 200 people, 700 people or 5,000 people.

Ending the program slowly would seem like the best option IMO.

Now to attack Obama being people want to give him credit… I’d bet you will find well over a billion (easy) wasted on his stimulus given out to fraud. I’d guess if we had a trail of the money we could find 10’s of billion of the stimulus wasted to fraud. Another program that should have never started, bailouts/stimulus…
Absolutely! End the program because someone got caught scamming the system! Fuck the old! Fuck 'em and let them die on their own dime.

I have to agree with Ravi, ending the program so that the elderly suffer is not the way to go about cleaning this up.

Throw these people in jail and go after the next bunch. Pretty soon people are going to get the idea that this kind of crime does not pay.

Immie

I agree. The program has been vital to the elderly for years. Perhaps we need to do something about all of the illegal RUSSIANS in this country who are coming up with these scams to bilk the government. So many of you are focused on the Mexicans who are trying to make a living here, while the Russians seem to be able to go around freely with no fear of immigration laws.

That's good news and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I wonder if any of the tips came from "concerned citizens" like those in Utah that reported 1300 illegals - who may be committing fraud.

I wish as Americans we could all be happy these criminals were cuaght and are going to be punished.

Thanks to Holder and his people.

Just another reason to end these programs. It's really shitty that people do this and what sucks more is I'd bet there are thousands more. I would like to add, and this is not to trash Obama but, finding these people and the claim of 250million is great but it's like a drop in the bucket being they want to save like 90billion to help pay for Obamacare. I do mean it in a nice way, it's great to catch these guys but I'd be willing to bet that most of them were the "bigger fish" that they could find and as smaller claims of fraud are out there in the thousands it would be near impossible to catch even most of them. I'd also like to see what the cost was to catch these people was, Government has a way of spending 100million to catch people that cause 50million in crimes. In this case maybe they saved more than it cost to stop them but as I said before I doubt they will find 250million to pin on 100 people, meaning a lot more money to follow up on 200 people, 700 people or 5,000 people.

Now to attack Obama being people want to give him credit… I’d bet you will find well over a billion (easy) wasted on his stimulus given out to fraud. I’d guess if we had a trail of the money we could find 10’s of billion of the stimulus wasted to fraud. Another program that should have never started, bailouts/stimulus…
Absolutely! End the program because someone got caught scamming the system! Fuck the old! Fuck 'em and let them die on their own dime.

:cuckoo:

Read the bold you twit.... Man, anything to attack, even if you're dead wrong in doing so.

I had to edit this... You see what happens you moron? You post that I want to hurt old people by just BAM cutting them off after they paid into something their whole life. Then a bunch of numb nut fanboys jump on board... Now there is a crowd of people yelling somthing I NEVER SAID. You said, it, you take responceability for you you shit for brains.

Haha I have to edit again after reading your shit logic... you said "SOMEONE"... SOME! ONE!... As if it were a SINGLE person scamming the system for a few bucks... 90 BILLION is what they think is the fraud. THAT'S A LOT OF SOMEONES BUDDY! No, the fact that the program can't keep up with HC costs and that it's being scammed for 10%ish of the money put into the program... No these are crazy reasons to end a shit program that is falling apart... CRAZY I TELL YOU!

Last edited:
I wish as Americans we could all be happy these criminals were cuaght and are going to be punished.

The task force that caught all these people was started in 2007. You're giving credit where credit is NOT due. You might want to bone up on who was in office in 2007.

The task force that caught all these people was started in 2007. You're giving credit where credit is NOT due. You might want to bone up on who was in office in 2007.

Truthmatters means we should be thankful that Eric Holder did not dismiss this case like he did the Black Panther poll intimidaters. Thanks government masters for waking up & doing your damn job this time. These criminals have been flaunting this crime in our faces for years.

That's good news. I'm glad to see the fraud division is stepping up its efforts.
So am I.

I hope this signifies a trend. The Nation desperately needs a McCarthy-type purge of fraudulent activities in all areas. We need to recover our collective wealth from those who have stolen it.

And rather than expending the cost of imprisoning the thieves for long periods, just strip them of every penny they possess. Reduce them to permanent poverty. Do to them what they've done to others.

Wow, we have $90 billion worth of Medicare fraud annually, year after year. Now they busted a bunch of democrats scamming the system who did not pay the proper kickbacks to their elected officials. These people do not have the millions they took & will never pay back the money they stole. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER $89.75 BILLION??? The best thing to do is not have a government system that lets corrupt people steal money in the first place.

obie wan stole 960 billion from medicare!

^^
2004081105_Display-25.gif

That's good news and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I wonder if any of the tips came from "concerned citizens" like those in Utah that reported 1300 illegals - who may be committing fraud.

I'm sure there's a thread about that which I'll look for (don't want to derail this one). What I'm curious about is since that "list" came from the very Utah agency who KNEW they were illegal, why didn't they just go out and arrest them in the first place? The "list" apparently has addresses, phone numbers, etc., so they weren't hiding in the shadows.

:cuckoo:

Read the bold you twit.... Man, anything to attack, even if you're dead wrong in doing so.

I had to edit this... You see what happens you moron? You post that I want to hurt old people by just BAM cutting them off after they paid into something their whole life. Then a bunch of numb nut fanboys jump on board... Now there is a crowd of people yelling somthing I NEVER SAID. You said, it, you take responceability for you you shit for brains.

Haha I have to edit again after reading your shit logic... you said "SOMEONE"... SOME! ONE!... As if it were a SINGLE person scamming the system for a few bucks... 90 BILLION is what they think is the fraud. THAT'S A LOT OF SOMEONES BUDDY! No, the fact that the program can't keep up with HC costs and that it's being scammed for 10%ish of the money put into the program... No these are crazy reasons to end a shit program that is falling apart... CRAZY I TELL YOU!

Holy crap, if you're already having a cow, you won't last long on this board.

It was woefully underfunded and antiquated, with task force members relying heavily on an already stretched FBI to do the legwork. With better funding and a streamlined data reporting system, these fraudsters stand a better chance of getting caught and prosecuted.

It's a shame such standards are not applied to our own government.

Just sayin'.

Yes, anti-fraud standards across the board should have begun a long time ago. Perhaps we would have been able to sweep up messes Republicans also made a lot sooner.

And we wouldn't have the ObamaCare "bend the cost curve downward" book cooking mess perpetrated by the Dems.

Truthmatters means we should be thankful that Eric Holder did not dismiss this case like he did the Black Panther poll intimidaters. Thanks government masters for waking up & doing your damn job this time. These criminals have been flaunting this crime in our faces for years.

So no praise for catching these criminals from you huh?

Your facts are miscomnstrued, The Bush team decided to charge them with a civil offense instead of a criminal one. Then the Holder team won the case against the guy who carried the baton. They dropped the charges against the other two do to lack of evidence to convict.

So you are very wrong on all accounts.

Your facts are miscomnstrued, The Bush team decided to charge them with a civil offense instead of a criminal one. Then the Holder team won the case against the guy who carried the baton. They dropped the charges against the other two do to lack of evidence to convict.

Lies, the Bush Admin Decided to peruse a Civil Trial While still considering Criminal Charges. The Bush Admin Never stopped the possibility of a Criminal Trial. The Possibility still exists today, and Holder is choosing not to pursue it.

Ummm when did Holder take office?

Jan 09 after the Task force was set up under BUSH!!!

So He gets no credit at all huh?

So how long does he have to be doing the job to get any credit fro anything?

I think it was actually feb 2009 BTW

Lies, the Bush Admin Decided to peruse a Civil Trial While still considering Criminal Charges. The Bush Admin Never stopped the possibility of a Criminal Trial. The Possibility still exists today, and Holder is choosing not to pursue it.

Then why are you pissed at Obamas team for doing exactly what Bush was doing?

Then why are you pissed at Obamas team for doing exactly what Bush was doing?

Might have something to do with the Obama Admin winning a default Judgment in the Civil Case and then Choosing to drop the charges after the fact.

Raises all sorts of questions, and that is why it is a story now.

Forum List

Back