92% of Americans think their basic rights are being threatened

What you aren't considering is what the FOUNDERS considered protected speech. It isn't what the CV libertarians believe. Or the Democrats

Until the conversation graduates beyond the letters D and R, the real issues affecting our liberties will never be discussed properly. DTMB was absolutely spot on in what he said.

I'm gonna kick myself for playing along here, but we just had pretty much every Republican vote with pretty much every Democrat, despite all of the FISA abuses mentioned in the Inspector General's report, to reauthorize the way the intelligence agencies bend us over without any reforms whatsoever to protect the electorate's civil liberties. And President Trump will absolutely sign it.

Here - http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll672.xml

The party with which voters align is no different than the one they complain about. History shows us this. The actual legislation both parties are putting out shows us this. When's the last time there was a thread about an actual bill around here? Not to sound prideful, but unless it's one of my threads, I can't think of one. GDjjr has posted a couple. And you can't say libertarians don't believe in what the Founders considered protected speech. That's intellectually dishonest. I think you're confusing libertines with libertarians. Libertine is not libertarian. And big L Libertarians are not small l libertarians. That's a whole different conversation, though. I left libertarianism as a movement over that mess.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Americans are basically morons. Most don't even understand freedom. Close as you get to even talking about them are on boards like this where people are active. But that's just a very, very small, declining demographic.

The President just issued an Executive Order which effectively tramples the 1st Amendment and the people love him for it. And that's a true impeachable offense.

They're finishing off the 4th Amendment with the NDAA that just got renewed.

We could keep going on and on. Want a gun? Well, relinquish your 1st and 5th and maybe they'll approve your application to the government to exercise your 2nd. The 10th has been out the window too long to count.

We could keep going. Wanna talk about stop and frisk? Free speech zones?
Welp now you will be labeled an anti Semite because you love liberty

There is a fine line here. You have to admit to that. History has shown us that.
Please elaborate
Jews are descendants from ancient Israel. (Religious Jews practice Judaism)They have the right to liberty just as Americans do, Muslims, etc., as long as they do not commit an offense against US law.
Many Jews today, as during WWII, practicing or not, are attacked simply for being blood descendants of ancient Israel. They have a right to protection of their liberty just as you and I do.

There are campuses today that are not protecting their rights. They have profs that are encouraging actions be taken to destroy their inherent rights.

“But when you start to consider which rights and freedoms really matter…”

Actually, all rights and liberties ‘really matter’ – no right or protected liberty is ‘expendable.’

And the right to privacy is clearly the right in greatest jeopardy.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but doesn't freedom of expression pretty much cover everything?

Holly

It used to. Now all a sudden people seem to think that they have a right to have their feelings addressed and that everyone else has to surrender their own fundamental liberties in order to placate said feelings.

The federal government's role is to protect Individual liberty. Not to placate group claims.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting....When asked which right they would most the most if it were gone..freedom of speech and expression came in first!

92% of Americans think their basic rights are being threatened, new poll shows

"Americans are most concerned that their freedom of speech (48%), right to bear arms (47%) and right to equal justice (41%) are at risk, says the Harris Poll/Purple Project, which surveyed 2,002 people nationwide.
"When you frame something as a threat, it creates a bit of a political response, and it creates division and encampments of special interest," said John Gerzema, CEO of the Harris Poll. That's why political parties and lobbying groups warn supporters with strident language, he said: It's easier to drum up backing for a political cause by talking about an issue in terms of "threats."

But when you start to consider which rights and freedoms really matter, Gerzema said, poll responses changed – and Americans re-prioritized which values they cared about most.
When asked what rights and freedoms Americans would miss if they were taken away – rather than which ones are threatened – poll respondents' concerns generally ticked upward.
Sixty-three percent said they would miss freedom of speech if that right was taken away, while nearly half would miss freedom of expression (46%) and the right to equal justice (45%).
"When you look at the things we really value, what makes America so special is these core tenets of our Constitution," Gerzema said. "I just find it interesting to note how much Americans really value this.""
That's because some people are fucking idiots who think their right to free speech is being denied when they get banned from internet social media for violating terms of service.

I'm sorry, but Americans are basically morons. Most don't even understand freedom. Close as you get to even talking about them are on boards like this where people are active. But that's just a very, very small, declining demographic.

The President just issued an Executive Order which effectively tramples the 1st Amendment and the people love him for it. And that's a true impeachable offense.

We could keep going on and on. Want a gun? Well, relinquish your 1st and 5th and maybe they'll approve your application to the government to exercise your 2nd. The 10th has been out the window too long to count.

There is a fine line here. You have to admit to that. History has shown us that.
Please elaborate
Jews are descendants from ancient Israel. (Religious Jews practice Judaism)They have the right to liberty just as Americans do, Muslims, etc., as long as they do not commit an offense against US law.
Many Jews today, as during WWII, practicing or not, are attacked simply for being blood descendants of ancient Israel. They have a right to protection of their liberty just as you and I do.

There are campuses today that are not protecting their rights. They have profs that are encouraging actions be taken to destroy their inherent rights.
What inherent rights do they have that any other American has not? I guess I'm missing something?
Equal is equal.

Pretty interesting....When asked which right they would most the most if it were gone..freedom of speech and expression came in first!

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBY2yCy?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

"Americans are most concerned that their freedom of speech (48%), right to bear arms (47%) and right to equal justice (41%) are at risk, says the Harris Poll/Purple Project, which surveyed 2,002 people nationwide.
"When you frame something as a threat, it creates a bit of a political response, and it creates division and encampments of special interest," said John Gerzema, CEO of the Harris Poll. That's why political parties and lobbying groups warn supporters with strident language, he said: It's easier to drum up backing for a political cause by talking about an issue in terms of "threats."

But when you start to consider which rights and freedoms really matter, Gerzema said, poll responses changed – and Americans re-prioritized which values they cared about most.
When asked what rights and freedoms Americans would miss if they were taken away – rather than which ones are threatened – poll respondents' concerns generally ticked upward.
Sixty-three percent said they would miss freedom of speech if that right was taken away, while nearly half would miss freedom of expression (46%) and the right to equal justice (45%).
"When you look at the things we really value, what makes America so special is these core tenets of our Constitution," Gerzema said. "I just find it interesting to note how much Americans really value this.""
The may miss freedom of speech and expression the most but they need to realize the 2nd amendment is the one that guarantees those rights.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBY2yCy?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

The may miss freedom of speech and expression the most but they need to realize the 2nd amendment is the one that guarantees those rights.
"Political power flows from the barrel of a gun", eh?

I bet you'd be surprised to learn that you and Mao agree on this one.

As it is, government mandated background checks compel a feller to relinquish his 1st (and his 5th while I'm thinking of it...and the 10th) in order to ask permission from the government to exercise his 2nd.

Then, on top of that, you have the ''Take the guns first, go through due process second" crowd.

Sheesh.

Please elaborate

Of course they are.
I dont believe in protected classes. I believe in the constitution.
They fed gov has no business telling me what I can say.

They fed gov has no business telling me what I can say.

And the federal government knows it has no business doing that.

Which is why they said you can keep doing what you want, but we're not gonna give you any federal money. We're gonna use the Department of Education to enforce it. (notwithstanding the fact that the federal government has nothing. It doesn't produce anything. All it does its steal from those who do produce and redistribute it however they please. It's the most biased entity on the planet in that regard)

Anyway, the Republicans used to run on abolishing the unconstitutional Department of Education if we recall. Now they're using it as a government gun against God Himself, the giver of our natural rights.

Last edited:
malcolm-nance-malcolmnance-civil-war-if-we-are-to-have-63622386.png

Have you picked your side?

https://www.truthorfiction.com/did-...d-be-waged-over-intelligence-vs-superstition/

You haven’t answered the question about the executive order that allegedly tramples the 1st amendment. What are you referring to?

How ironic is it these leftist loons won't believe nor listen to those who lived in actual communism they won't listen to those who warn them and all these people who scream out .............. these idiots won't ever listen to never!!! G.D. the left is so dunce.

Nice ... I can't understand why more people don't take your side.

Well, then, you should fit right in. Heh heh.

By the way, how you received your Act.IL mission this week? Surely you have by now. Come on, man, get moving, you don't wanna miss out on a cool prize. Check your app before the rest of your team get ahead of you.

Last edited:

It sounds like you need to get a handle on your state governments. Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming seem yo have no problem with the 2nd.

92% of Americans think their basic rights are being threatened, new poll shows

"Political power flows from the barrel of a gun", eh?

I bet you'd be surprised to learn that you and Mao agree on this one.
I agree with many Guerilla Fighters. He isn't wrong on tactics of war just political philosophically wrong.

Forum List

Back