87% want tax increases

{76% ... would be willing to pay 1% more of their income in taxes to help protect Social Security and Medicare for future generations. ... }

POLITICO Morning Money - POLITICO.com

Exact wording of the poll question: "If it is the only way to ensure the continuation of Social Security and Medicare, would you support a 1% tax increase."

A loaded question asked to elicit a bullshit response.

Example: "Would you be willing to cut off your finger if it was the only way to keep your wife from being raped and murdered?

TM posts "88% favor cutting their finger off!"

Last edited:
As long as they cut the other guy's handouts and tax somebody else.

Exactly.
I dpn't think I will ever forget when there was a misprint in a flyer sent with the food stamp card to recipients in Indianapolis. The way the sentence was written was that you would get an extra card if you apply at the welfare office. Oh...my....God. There were lines 3 blocks long, the police has to show up in large force to get people to leave because even after an official tried to announce to people that it was a misprint - people refused to leave "without my card".

Now will you please STOP being drug arround by Grover Norquist?

55% of Americans pay zero income tax.
So it is within reason to say that 50% of that 86% would still pay no income tax after a 1% increase.

Austerity or Stimulus? Americans Want BOTH, Survey Says | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

Here are some of the findings of the survey, courtesy of Politico's Morning Money:
•81% of respondents say the national debt is a major problem that must be addressed now.
•86% of respondents agree reducing the deficit would help the economy.
•87% of respondents believe that to solve the long-term debt problem, Republicans will have to agree to some tax increases and Democrats will have to agree to some spending cuts..
•53% of respondents would be more likely to support a candidate for Congress if they knew that the candidate supported a bipartisan agreement that included both spending cuts and tax increases.
•76% of middle class voters believe that the middle class should contribute to the solution.

That's too fucking bad we don't do mob rule here in the United States so turn in your voting card asswipe.

Austerity or Stimulus? Americans Want BOTH, Survey Says | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

Here are some of the findings of the survey, courtesy of Politico's Morning Money:
•81% of respondents say the national debt is a major problem that must be addressed now.
•86% of respondents agree reducing the deficit would help the economy.
•87% of respondents believe that to solve the long-term debt problem, Republicans will have to agree to some tax increases and Democrats will have to agree to some spending cuts..
•53% of respondents would be more likely to support a candidate for Congress if they knew that the candidate supported a bipartisan agreement that included both spending cuts and tax increases.
•76% of middle class voters believe that the middle class should contribute to the solution.

you guys need to accept information given you with some kind of class

New Poll from the Foundation | pgpf.org

76% of all voters would be willing to pay 1% more of their income in taxes to help protect Social Security and Medicare for future generations.

"I am willing to do my part to reduce the national debt, as long as other people also do their part."

Yay.. I guess that means the ~47% who do not contribute to federal income taxes now start contributing like everyone else...

Or is that not what TDM is trying to put across with her word twisting agenda play??

Forum List

Back