$750 Billion A YEAR in health care WASTE...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Sep 19, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    So folks.. Obamacare ADDS 13,000 pages of NEW regulations, takes 80 million hours and as a result ADDS to the EXCESS ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS!!!

If that is the "benefit" of Obamacare... we can do without more HELP!!!

Here's yet another great reason to reform healthcare: According to a recent report by the Institute of Medicine, the U.S. health care system squanders $750 billion a year — roughly 30 cents of every medical dollar — through unneeded care, byzantine paperwork, fraud and other waste, the influential Institute of Medicine said Thursday in a report that ties directly into the presidential campaign.
    More than 18 months in the making, the report identified six major areas of waste:

unnecessary services ($210 billion annually); (Defensive Medicine out of FEAR of LAWSUITS!!!)
    inefficient delivery of care ($130 billion);
    excess administrative costs ($190 billion); Research firm Gartner Group has estimated that HIPAA is expected to
    cost the healthcare industry at least $3.8 billion between 2003 and 2008,
    and potentially even 10 times that
    http://media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/downloads/HIPAAPSC_Ch3.pdf
    inflated prices ($105 billion); (EMTALA a govt. mandate forces hospitals to "pad" sometimes by 6,000% their costs!!!)
    prevention failures ($55 billion), and
    fraud ($75 billion).
    Adjusting for some overlap among the categories, the panel settled on an estimate of $750 billion.

$750 BILLION A YEAR

2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,962
    Your sick bullshit has less credibility than ginscpy.

3. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,966
    it's amazing, we all know this extra paperwork is soooo useful (/rolleyes). The government should build roads and kill people on foreign battlefields, other than that, nothing else

4. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    Just because ignorant dicks like you with ABsOLUTELY no experience as I have for example where 10,000 times a day Medicare providers ask ME if they'll get paid by Medicare!
    And I have obviously MORE knowledge then you have!

HIPAA which YOU obviously HAVE NO knowledge as to what it even means, costs an additional $30 billion a year.. I mean when a pharmacy has to paint a line telling people stay behind this line for HIPAA compliance... come on ADDED costs!
    AND Obamacare is 1,000 times worse!
    13,000 pages of OF NEW regulations!

I just don't understand why IDIOTS like you have such total lack of knowledge!

5. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,839
    Actually, healthcare has been wasting dollars for years and the cost of healthcare has been increasing at out-of-control rates for over a decade.
    Will someone best honest here? Healthmyths, yep that's what you are, full of myths. (Which is like being full of shit).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Thank you for proving Obama's point in needing to eliminate waste. Your linked report is from 2003....

7. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001
    He doesn't read his own links. He argued the validity of the facts I gave him....directly from his own link.

8. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,839
    Healthmyths correctly points to defensive medicine as being a contributing factor with the outrageous rise of healthcare costs. But he fails to point out that defensive medicine has been going on for decades. Here's an article about defensive medicine from 1978, that's 34 years ago!!!!
    The problem of defensive medicine

9. Intolerant

Intolerant Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,236
    Sounds like a great opportunity for HNIC to create even bigger government via a new branch of bureaucracy just for this healthcare bullshit. Likely to be full of political hacks, nepotistic appointments, and affirmative action hires. Should be wonderful for our tax rate.

10. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    The Institute of Health's study JUST came out!

Best Care at Lower Cost: The Path to Continuously Learning Health Care in America - Institute of Medicine

DUH!!! Costs have been increasing no SHI!!!!

What's that got to do with Obamacare? Because OBAMACARE is ADDING to the cost!
    That's the point!

GO back to 1986 when and do some research instead of GUESSING!!
    called EMTALA this was suppose to help and as in ALL govt. involvement IT makes it WORSE!

As far as you MYTH idiocy! YOU have OBVIOUSLY not the access to the 6,000 hospital database that I have!
    This shows what Medicare is CHARGED for 10,000 services/procedures/products!
    And YOU have NO IDEA that the for example some hospitals OVERCHARGE by 6,000% and that's not a MYTH!
    If you have the GUTS to tell me what city you live in, I'll tell you what the largest hospital in that city OVERCHARGES Medicare ... all because of the 1986 EMTALA law!