75,000 years ago today

The historical record indicates that the first man was a fellow by the name of Adam and Almighty God put him and his old lady Eve into the Garden of Eden.

Contrary to the rantings of the Religious Left who insist God put Adam and Steve into the garden.
Religous writing less than 1600 years old say that. It is not historical in the accepted sense.

When was Moses here? We don’t even know that for sure

No, because no contemporary written records remain.

However, we do have some good guesses. Mostly based around the Bronze Age Collapse and what the Egyptians wrote in addition to archaeological sites dealing with Canaan in roughly the same time period.

Wow, what a load of junk science.

The Great Pyramid dates to around 2570 BCE. We know that from ancient writings. We know that from archaeological records. We know that from carbon dating items from the tomb itself. There is no debate over that, other than the nutcases that want to believe aliens built it or some such nonsense.

But yes, the "Giza Complex" is indeed older, because there were already things constructed there before the pyramids. But anything of that era is long gone, not unlike the original Spanish pueblos and Indian settlements where Los Angeles now sits. But what is there now only dates to around 2500 BCE.

And what all that has to do with Toba, I have absolutely no idea. That however is very real, and we know of the near extinction event because of DNA studies.

But yes, humans 75 kya were almost the same as modern humans. We even know that was true of humans 5 kya because we have studied them.

But we also because of Egypt know what humans were capable of doing when. Because they left behind a lot of not only structures but written records so we know what they were capable of and when. A century before the Forth Dynasty and the Great Pyramid, we had the Third Dynasty. Who built the first pyramids like the Step Pyramid.

step-pyramid-saqqara-oldest-surviving-260nw-2298673781.jpg

And prior to that, Egypt was just not building any monolithic structures.

I will accept this

The Great Pyramid has been determined to be about 4,600 years old by two principal approaches: indirectly, through its attribution to Khufu and his chronological age, based on archaeological and textual evidence; and directly, via radiocarbon dating of organic material found in the pyramid and included in its mortar.

But it could be much older. We could be wrong.

proponents of an older pyramid age contend that it might indicate the presence of materials reused from earlier constructions.

ome researchers suggest that the origins of the pyramids could be linked to an advanced civilization that predates ancient Egypt. The notion of lost civilizations and knowledge passed down through the ages is not new, and many cultures around the world possess legends of great civilizations that existed in the distant past.

While these theories can be highly speculative, they remind us that our understanding of history is always evolving, and we must remain open to new evidence and interpretations.

The Sahara Desert, where the pyramids are located, experienced significantly wetter periods in ancient times, and some argue that this level of rainfall could have caused the observed water-related wear on the Sphinx. If this hypothesis holds true, it would suggest the Sphinx and, by extension, the pyramids are much older than previously assumed.

While these theories can be highly speculative

"Speculative". In other words, "completely made up by crazy people".

Oh, and it was not "reused", because we know exactly where the stone used was quarried. And that quarry is the same age as the pyramids. The oldest evidence if stone cutting there dates to the start of the 4th dynasty. Only a few decades before Kufuf during the reign of his father, Sneferu.

This is a science thread, not a pseudo-science thread.

"Speculative". In other words, "completely made up by crazy people".

Oh, and it was not "reused", because we know exactly where the stone used was quarried. And that quarry is the same age as the pyramids. The oldest evidence if stone cutting there dates to the start of the 4th dynasty. Only a few decades before Kufuf during the reign of his father, Sneferu.

This is a science thread, not a pseudo-science thread.
Hey, I tend to agree with the scientific community. But like right wingers don't put all their faith in scientific consensus, neither do I.

Fact is, we "think" the Pyramid was built at a certain time because that's the best we can tell. But it doesn't even make sense to us. How could those ignorant fucks build something so perfect?

It was the Egyptians who built the pyramids. The Great Pyramid is dated with all the evidence, I'm telling you now to 4,600 years

You believe Khufu's ignorant citizens did that? You swallow that and you don't have even a doubt in your mind what they tell us happened is what really happened? What if Khufu himself was an Alien?

It may have been built long before that. Same with the Parthenon.

One thing I found fascinating is they found some ancient sites that don't line up north, south, east west. Every structure always lines up with the poles. But these really ancient sites line up to the old north south east and west. That means they are MUCH older than the Pyramids.

Or Stonehenge. Researchers studying DNA extracted from Neolithic human remains across Britain determined that the ancestors of the people who built Stonehenge were early European farmers who came from the Eastern Mediterranean, travelling west from there, as well as Western hunter-gatherers from western Europe.

Would you be willing to bet your life that conclusion is accurate?

Hey, I tend to agree with the scientific community. But like right wingers don't put all their faith in scientific consensus, neither do I.

Conspiracy theory gobbledygook, which is literally screaming it is just your own opinion and has no basis in fact. And apparently based on nothing but political bias on your part.

Translation: I don't want to discuss facts, so am going to throw around a bunch of garbage that is completely unrelated instead.
What facts? The science says the Great Pyramid came after the smaller shitty ones but that might not be true. Aliens may have built the Great Pyramid and then we tried to copy what they did and you see our smaller shittier ones.

It's not 100% settled. Scientific consensus says you are right. I'll give you that. I keep an open mind, even if it is because of questions raised on Ancient Aliens.

It's usually kooks like those guys who challenge consensus and come up with new theories.

I also find prehistory fascinating. By looking at today's world we can reflect on what the world was like before writing, but I see no reason to believe in any visit of aliens to this planet. If we had been occupied by aliens advanced enough to come here from a distant galaxy, I believe they would have left something more impressive than the pyramids. Not that the pyramids are not impressive. They are impressive in size and precision but not in technology; they could have easily been built by a primitive technological culture.

And derogatory comments were made about the Bible; I am a Christian and I believe in the Bible, but it is not a history book, nor a science book it's a book of faith. However, it does provide some interesting information about the past; for example, we can be reasonably sure where the Hebrews came from and thereby other Semitic peoples. According to the Bible the people of Abraham, a Semitic people, came from the north above the Euphrates River. If you extend that line on out it reaches the Eurasian steppes, I think that's the source of all Caucasian peoples including the Semitics. There have been many incursions into South Asia from the steppes recorded in history, so there's no reason to believe they did not happen in prehistory as well.

Last edited:
I believe they would have left something more impressive than the pyramids.

Like actual "math". Or a writing system that actually involved letters and not pictures of a cow to mean "cow". Or taught the people even basic sanitation or germ theory.

Hell, even something so simple as the stirrup or horse collar.

If there was even a remote change in technology in the region in that area, it might point to something. But there is nothing like that at all in the historical or archaeological record..

cheap and convenient

That may be true but it does not indicate aliens. However, if the pyramids have been sheathed with something like stainless steel or aluminum or some material alien to Earth that would be a good indicator of Extraterrestrial construction.

There is physical evidence all over the world of stone construction that we CANNOT REPLICATE TODAY. How did they lift and place such massive stones? How did they cut them with such precision they have no mortar and they haven't moved in 5000 years? We don't know what we don't know. And there is A LOT we don't know about time before 5000 B.C.

Nonsense. We consume a years worth of natural resources in 8 months. And every year it gets worse. 7.9 months, 6 months, etc.

Arent we still destroying the rain forest?

Have you seen the ocean? I believe the pacific is a toilet bowl full of plastic. Are you insane?

No, the rain forests aren't being destroyed. You need to stop reading the Paul Ehrlich bullcrap. He has been making predictions for decades AND NOT ONE HAS HAPPENED!

He has the worst prediction success rate in Earth's history.

Forum List

Back