75,000 US veterans face homelessness

Want to test that theory boy? I'll PM you how to get here.

1270138329085.jpg

I offered to tell you how to get to me - how's that being an internet tough guy? :D

I offered to tell you how to get to me - how's that being an internet tough guy? :D

Sorry, I don't meet transexuals off the internet.:eusa_hand:

I might consider showing up.

Patty boy, I'll meet you at the railroad tracks south of your town this Friday night at 7 PM.

I am notoriously late, so if I am not there at 7 PM, then just wait until I show up. If I haven't shown up by the morning, that means I got busy. Show up Saturday night at the same time. Same drill. If I haven't shown up by Sunday morning at 7 AM, then we'll have to postpone to the next weekend as I work. So, next Friday night, same time and place.

You get the point.

Sorry, I don't meet transexuals off the internet.:eusa_hand:

I might consider showing up.

Patty boy, I'll meet you at the railroad tracks south of your town this Friday night at 7 PM.

I am notoriously late, so if I am not there at 7 PM, then just wait until I show up. If I haven't shown up by the morning, that means I got busy. Show up Saturday night at the same time. Same drill. If I haven't shown up by Sunday morning at 7 AM, then we'll have to postpone to the next weekend as I work. So, next Friday night, same time and place.

You get the point.

:lol:

Jessica Lynch was in a COMBAT ZONE. That's not the same as someone sitting out the war behind a desk in the US, where the biggest danger is from paper cuts.

There is very little choice in where one is stationed. There is no MOS that I know of that can guarantee that one stays stateside. And even if it were possible, does Ft Hood ring any bells. Again, if you have the guts to wear the uniform, you have all the respect as any other soldier. And again I don't give a rats ass where you are stationed, or what your job is.

People could get shot up in a massacre like at Fort Hood anywhere - does 9/11 ring any bells? And the Ft. Hood massacre was due to the Pee See that the left has infected the military with - from what I read, nobody demanded that someone do something about the guy's erratic behavior leading up to the massacre, because they would be called "racist" and it would harm their career.

Yes, obviously I can guess that anyone can be sent to a combat zone - BUT SOME NEVER ARE. I wanted to make a reasonable distinction between those who have and those who didn't for benefit purposes. The military does that already with a pay differential - don't they?

I understand what you think you are saying. You haven't a clue. A veteran is still a veteran and deserving of every entitlement they signed up for no matter where they served and what their assigned duties were.
Do you think I spent 22 years in combat?
Fact is that even though most of my career was Forward Combat Communications I came under fire very few times. It seems like the grunts like to protect their support personnel. Must have something to do with needing to be able to communicate.

After you've worn the uniform and understand the whole thing come back and tell us all about it.

Jessica Lynch was in a COMBAT ZONE. That's not the same as someone sitting out the war behind a desk in the US, where the biggest danger is from paper cuts.

There is very little choice in where one is stationed. There is no MOS that I know of that can guarantee that one stays stateside. And even if it were possible, does Ft Hood ring any bells. Again, if you have the guts to wear the uniform, you have all the respect as any other soldier. And again I don't give a rats ass where you are stationed, or what your job is.

People could get shot up in a massacre like at Fort Hood anywhere - does 9/11 ring any bells? And the Ft. Hood massacre was due to the Pee See that the left has infected the military with - from what I read, nobody demanded that someone do something about the guy's erratic behavior leading up to the massacre, because they would be called "racist" and it would harm their career.

Yes, obviously I can guess that anyone can be sent to a combat zone - BUT SOME NEVER ARE. I wanted to make a reasonable distinction between those who have and those who didn't for benefit purposes. The military does that already with a pay differential - don't they?

Pat, I don't care. None of us had any real say in where or when we got sent; and as much as airborne infantry grunts like me rag the hell out of all the "legs", and REMF support types, (not to mention all the squids, zoomies, coasties, and of course, jarheads), the fact is, we're all on the same team, and we couldn't function without them. Besides, I can remember when, during the Tet Offensive, a lot of the REMFs in Saigon even got in the fight (and did OK, I might add, even those sons-of-satan known as MPs!). A soldier is a soldier, and we grunts got our own reward for beating the boonies-a CIB. I don't figure we're entitled to extra benefits, too. Sorry, but you got this one all wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back