73% of Republicans think Tariffs will help the US

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
As new tariffs take hold, more see negative than positive impact for the U.S.

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
republicans are tired of other countries stealing our country's profits. why is that so difficult for you?

How did Trump shift the Republicans from a free trade party to a pro-tariffs party? Free trade was a tent pole issue for Republicans.
already explained. you just need to read a little.

77% dems say bad thing.

The poll doesn't differentiate tariffs on countries with manipulated currency and below cost prices, but it still strikes me as odd. The gop is now isolationist.

And look at the break between college and non-college educated. And white grads and non-grads

Strange days indeed.
Every time one of you use the word "educated" or "uneducated" I stop reading right there.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Every time one of you use the word "educated" or "uneducated" I stop reading right there.
If you’re not sure what those mean, you can do a google search.

How did Trump shift the Republicans from a free trade party to a pro-tariffs party? Free trade was a tent pole issue for Republicans.
Easy! It wasn't "free trade"!
Now CHINA AGREES!!!

President Xi Jinping highlighted the need to speed up protections in a speech last year, calling for stricter enforcement and for infringers to pay a “heavy price.” Also in 2017, China started a nationwide campaign to protect foreign firms’ international property rights. The Ministry of Commerce says China is a developing country and doesn’t have a perfect system to protect IP, acknowledging that there’s much work to do. Premier Li Keqiang, in a speech in March, promised to protect the rights of foreigners investing in its economy.
Terms of Service Violation

So here is a simple example. Apple spent billions on developing proprietary, i.e. they own the patents in the USA... China under the current trade laws doesn't have to
pay Apple for using the patents to manufacturer competitive products.

I know this may be hard to comprehend but unless Apple and other US companies get fair trade agreements, they lose and America loses.

The Chinese Finance Ministry said Tuesday that it will cut import duties on passenger vehicles from 25% to 15%, starting July 1.
Think about that! A TARIFF on a USA made car WAS 25% now it is a grand 15% ! Wow!!

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/24/news/car-auto-tariffs-us-germany-japan-toyota-volkswagen/index.ht

For example..Currently, vehicles shipped from Europe to the US face a low 2.5% tariff
Meanwhile, cars built in America face a 10% tariff when they're shipped to the European Union.

A Jeep Wrangler can cost $30,000 more in China than in the United States — and the reasons illustrate a growing point of tension between the two countries.

Manufactured in Toledo, Ohio, the Wrangler is a descendant of the jeeps that were used by American forces in World War II. Equipped with a 3.6-liter engine and a five-speed automatic transmission, the Rubicon edition of the Wrangler has a suggested retail price of $40,530 in the United States.

Does that seem FAIR to you?

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Even when you trolls don't use the words you use them.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.

I'll have more trade tariffs for our "allies" with a side of that good Baykal caviar, a side of Chinese trade smackdown, and a hot steaming cup of Angela Merkel/Teresa May tears . . . with some Skittles tossed at the teacup. MAGA.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
It’s a message board. We have to use words. If that’s too much for you, maybe we can set up a Discord chat.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
I can understand why. But the "word" was "college educated" and non-college educated." But I realize that was complex language

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
It’s a message board. We have to use words. If that’s too much for you, maybe we can set up a Discord chat.
The Troll Trifecta!

Yeah. You complained about fair trade versus free trade.

And I explained to you that tariffs cost consumers and domestic producers.

To which you replied nothing.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Not strange at all. It is to be expected by terms of endearment the Rumpins swear to.And for the educated the chart tells all.

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.
Are tariffs a bad thing?
When applied as tRump has yes.

Yeah. You complained about fair trade versus free trade.

And I explained to you that tariffs cost consumers and domestic producers.

To which you replied nothing.
everything costs consumers, cause nothing is free. But what you don't state is that if manufactured here, it will be cheaper and the price goes down. so you lie. fair trade will balance to free trade.

Oh BTW, you still haven't shown some products cost more because of the tariffs.

I wonder if anyone knows why lots of American products are not sold in Japan?

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.

That is what one would expect the uneducated to do.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

77% dems say bad thing.

Strange days indeed.

Bottom line: Republicans, thanks to Trump, now understand what is at stake. U.S manufacturing and Middle Class.

The Dems seem to take their direction from wall street and Silicon Valley and they want cheap labor and spreading of U.S wealth to China for their own benefit. So they believe.

President Trump has to stay the course until the world understands that America means business and thus they lower their barriers and abuses against U.S corporations.

Forum List

Back