70 year old man shoots guy breaking through door, through the door, no charges filed....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....if you try breaking into a home.......and get shot through the door........it depends on what state you are in when you do it....

Elderly homeowner foils attempted break in, shoots, kills would-be intruder in San Antonio

SAN ANTONIO — A man in his late 70s who shot and killed a would-be intruder Thursday morning on the Northwest Side is not expected to face charges at this time, police said.

Authorities arrived at the 9700 block of Autumn Dew around 10 a.m. after the homeowner and his wife, who is in her late 60s, called police to report that a man was attempting to break into their home.

SAPD spokesperson Douglas Greene said the elderly man pleaded with the attempted intruder to stop his efforts to get into the couple's home, but the man continued to force his way into the home, eventually breaking the door handle.

That's when Greene said the homeowner fired his revolver at the door, striking the man, who is in his 40s, in the chest.

Didn't happen. I can't find anything on CNN or MSNBC about this.

Maybe they have reported it. All I do know is if I cannot find it on those great networks then it did not happen.

Isn't that right?

Shooting idiots trying to break in through the door should be standard procedure. There's no chance you'll ever shoot a cop that way because cops stand to the side of the door to prevent getting shot. That means whoever you ventilate has it coming to him. I want to see this more often.

In some states, forcible entry must be made first...

... then it is considered a home invasion...

... and lethal force is allowed.

In California the Communist government here would nail you to the floorboards for shooting through your front door.

Glad to hear that the D/A in San Antonia won't be pressing charges.

There was no report of the intruders description, so I am guessing that info was held back to avoid another BLM riot.

Fear for one's life is the ultimate decider and someone trying to bust down your front door can generate that. Unless they have a leftist agenda, most DA's don't even try to prosecute homeowners defending themselves because they know they'll lose and look like an asshole in the process.

If any damage was brought to the man's door then forcible entry was made, not to mention vandalism.

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

P.S. The guy is in his 70's. Anyone who doesn't label what he did as self defense is who has a problem.

Forum List

Back