70% of all Lawyers in the World are in the USA

BaltimoreBob

Righteous Robert
May 26, 2009
Baltimore

Nothing good about that stat.

70% of all of anything in the USA is a bad thing.

Hell even 70% of all Americans are not in the USA.

We need to eliminate Lawyers in my lifetime.

Baltimore Bob

Baltimore Bob

eliminate yourself assclown .........

Baltimore Bob
The U.S. is a nation of laws, which makes us better than all other countries. No need for Lawyers when a Dictator is in charge. Look at Venezuela.

A society with too few lawyers will suffer. A society with too many lawyers will also suffer. I think it's safe to say which side the U.S. is on.

I actually DON'T think it's a sign of a healthy society that we have to have rules upon rules for every little thing and lawyers ready to sue at the drop of a hat. A healthy society doesn't need to be regulated down to the last jot and tittle. It works naturally on its own because people get along better.

S'matter? Lawyers told you that you have no case?

Or they wouldn't work for you for free?

pro bono bad jillian?

Where did I say that? Pro bono good depending on the worthiness of the client and the cause. But I'm thinking someone who says that he doesn't get to see his kid because he's too righteous has issues. Don't you agree?

you made the unfounded comments, not me. you're creating a strawman about kids. no one mentioned kids in this thread....what type of straw do you eat jillian?

pro bono bad jillian?

Where did I say that? Pro bono good depending on the worthiness of the client and the cause. But I'm thinking someone who says that he doesn't get to see his kid because he's too righteous has issues. Don't you agree?

you made the unfounded comments, not me. you're creating a strawman about kids. no one mentioned kids in this thread....what type of straw do you eat jillian?

Read the wacko's intro thread, mighty mouth.

here... let me help you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/introduce-yourself/77343-righteous-robert-here.html

Lawyers are the front line defenders of democracy. The first thing any potential tyrant must do to eliminate freedom is to get rid of all the lawyers.

Lawyers are a necessary evil or is that a good. LOL Two friends and a cousin are going in or are already in law school. Plus close friends are the top Philly lawyers. But I wonder too if we don't have too many lawyers, some are having a hard time finding steady work and others hope some deep pockets case keeps them in front of a computers looking for the smoking gun. I guess though you can't be outsourced. Can one imagine Asia Indian lawyers introducing themselves in court, the poor stenographer. lol Sorry I know that is bias.

Baltimore Bob

Yeah but we don't all practice law. I got smart and got a real job.....no offense Jillian.

I still believe that practicing law is no kind of way for a person to make a living, but that's just me.

Read the wacko's intro thread, mighty mouth.

here... let me help you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/introduce-yourself/77343-righteous-robert-here.html

I'm with you Jillian. He's in a whacko place. It's my hope that all lawyers will summarily turn their back on any case remotely like that.

I'm on tinfoil hat alert with this one. I haven't seen it yet, but it won't surprise me when I do.

I'm with you Jillian. He's in a whacko place. It's my hope that all lawyers will summarily turn their back on any case remotely like that.

I'm on tinfoil hat alert with this one. I haven't seen it yet, but it won't surprise me when I do.

I remember defending another attorney in a civil suit which sought damages for his refusal to take a case. (yes, you read that right). He told the person she had no legitimate claim. She didn't like that, so spent the next two years suing him. It took three motions to dismiss to finally get a judge to dismiss a pro se's case.

I remember the guy's junior associate practically banging his head against the wall in frustration after one court appearance.

I always knew when someone was a nutter when they walked into my office saying the words "I know my rights".

They never did...

So, a guy leaves his lawyer's office in anger and walks into a bar and yells "All lawyers are assholes!!!"
The bartender says "Hey, I resent that comment". The guy asks "Are you a lawyer?", The bartender says "No, I'm an asshole."

Hahahaheheheeeee!

I remember defending another attorney in a civil suit which sought damages for his refusal to take a case. (yes, you read that right). He told the person she had no legitimate claim. She didn't like that, so spent the next two years suing him. It took three motions to dismiss to finally get a judge to dismiss a pro se's case.

I remember the guy's junior associate practically banging his head against the wall in frustration after one court appearance.

I always knew when someone was a nutter when they walked into my office saying the words "I know my rights".

They never did...

Gotta question about this. Example...

When someone sues you over something that is essentially bullshit, you obviously have to defend yourself. To do this normally you hire a lawyer. This costs money. When the case is over and you win, you have to pay your lawyer. So you end up out of pocket for basically having to defend yourself for having done nothing. Right? Or can you get the plaintiff to pay your costs?

They never did...

When someone sues you over something that is essentially bullshit, you obviously have to defend yourself. To do this normally you hire a lawyer. This costs money. When the case is over and you win, you have to pay your lawyer. So you end up out of pocket for basically having to defend yourself for having done nothing. Right? Or can you get the plaintiff to pay your costs?

Now you get the lawyer answer, it depends. Typically you pay yours, but the facts of the case and how it plays out can change that and the judge could order the plaintiff to pay fees.

Now in Britain, in tort cases the rule is that if you lose, you have to pay both attorney fees. This has the effect of limiting the number of tort cases. Here, the plaintiff's bar is too powerful for any adoption of the British Rule.

As TE pointed out, in Britain, attorneys are paid by the loser. The American rule, however, is that counsel fees are only awarded when dictated by either contract or statute. Sometimes, if something is extraordinarily friviolous, counsel fees would be awarded as a sanction.

But the reality is that no one was going to assess counsel fees against a pro se (self-represented) litigant unless she did something in direct violation of a court order.

Forum List

Back