70 front man face off

Best 70s frontman

• Total voters

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
As I listen to Babi O'reily I was thinking about this, who really was the best from man of the 70s super groups?

We know about the 60s, where its Mick and John Lennon but who was the best in the 70s?

To me it comes down to two guys:

Roger Daltry and Freddie Mercury

Both had tons of hit songs, were great at live shows and had unique and memorable styles.

So let's have a vote, Roger or Freddie?

As I listen to Babi O'reily I was thinking about this, who really was the best from man of the 70s super groups?

We know about the 60s, where its Mick and John Lennon but who was the best in the 70s?

Both had tons of hit songs, were great at live shows and had unique and memorable styles.

I didn't know we already knew about the 60s since I don't agree with either choice.

Oh, and thanks for asking opinions of YOUR two choices.:eusa_whistle:

Barry Gibb comes to mind. Like disco or the BeeGees or not.

Led Zepplin ... Robert Plant.

Black Sabbath ... Ozzy

Foreigner ... Lou Gramm

Journey ... Steve Perry

Lynyrd Skynyrd ... Ronnie Van Zandt

Van Halen ... David Lee Roth

Guess it depends on your taste in music. I'm not dis'ing your choices, either. I like both the Who and Queen. But to say they were the best is a bit much.

I didn't know we already knew about the 60s since I don't agree with either choice.

Oh, and thanks for asking opinions of YOUR two choices.:eusa_whistle:

Barry Gibb comes to mind. Like disco or the BeeGees or not.

Led Zepplin ... Robert Plant.

Black Sabbath ... Ozzy

Foreigner ... Lou Gramm

Journey ... Steve Perry

Lynyrd Skynyrd ... Ronnie Van Zandt

Van Halen ... David Lee Roth

Guess it depends on your taste in music. I'm not dis'ing your choices, either. I like both the Who and Queen. But to say they were the best is a bit much.

I'm going to have to agree on Gunny with this one xeno.............

Your 2 choices wouldn't be who I would pick either.

Sorry! I can add the others if you really want me to.

Actually, no I can't. You chose only 4 options instead of the whole 10. I can add only two more. Hey dude, it's YOUR poll. I was just voicing my opinion.

I find music one of the most subjective topics there is. Hell, I even liked Supertramp in the 70s, and Fleetwood Mac. Rock and pop was still one genre then. You could be hearing Black Sabbath one minute and ABBA (fuck you ... I hated them) the next. I think it's really hard to define who was "best".

Was Elton John a "front man" or do you consider that a solo act? He had a band. That dude was smokin' (little did we know it at the time it was poles and not bowls:lol:).

It's all a matter of personal taste.

Actually i only chose two, mainly because I tend to be lazy.

If I remember vbb correctly, it should be possible to add 20 options to any poll.

Its like anything else, just something to talk about.

How about this guy? The band is only 3rd in total number of platinum albums all - time, believe it or not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsoJrzplUI&feature=related]YouTube - Kiss - Detroit Rock City[/ame]

KISS is one band I'd actually give my right arm to see, and that's no exaggeration.... I will see them before I (they?) die.

Forum List

Back