7 Dec. 1941

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
what do you have planned for this sunday? church, football...family...just doing nothing....yard work or shoveling snow..take a minute for many this will be the annivesary of the most hellish day anyone living thru it could remember.

I will be taking my son to a birthday party at the house he will be living at in January.

My uncle was at Pearl Harbor. He says they knew it was gonna happen. They had them open the hatches on all the ships the night before so that the ships would sink easily and be easier to recover and use in the war. They never did that before or since, at least according to him.

Thankfully my uncle survived and is still around today, with his 5th wife (he divorced one and buried 3) and in his 90's.

what do you have planned for this sunday? church, football...family...just doing nothing....yard work or shoveling snow..take a minute for many this will be the annivesary of the most hellish day anyone living thru it could remember.

The worst attack on the United States until 9/11.

Personally, I plan to do more research on why we let it happen in memory of those who died needlessly.

I will be taking my son to a birthday party at the house he will be living at in January.

My uncle was at Pearl Harbor. He says they knew it was gonna happen. They had them open the hatches on all the ships the night before so that the ships would sink easily and be easier to recover and use in the war. They never did that before or since, at least according to him.

Thankfully my uncle survived and is still around today, with his 5th wife (he divorced one and buried 3) and in his 90's.

My Dad was in WW-II in the Pacific. He said something similar. FDR needed a war to get the US out of the depression.

Nothing special this weekend, but I will not forget to salute my father's flag.

That's like suggesting the sky is blue or grass is green. This logic is quite simple. We knew the American economy would not recover fully unless we went to war.

No, it's like asking if you think the great depression was the reason why we allowed the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor.

There is no obvious automatic connection between the two.

My Dad was in WW-II in the Pacific. He said something similar. FDR needed a war to get the US out of the depression.

Nothing special this weekend, but I will not forget to salute my father's flag.

Of course FDR needed the war to get us out, his new deal bullshit policies only put this country more in the hole.

Regardless, it is a day that will live in infamy, and a day that should be honored and remembered

Are you suggesting that's why we let it happen?

I don't think so. We were already pretty much out of the great depression by Pearl Habor, having sold arms to the allies until they ran out of money. I think the reason they let it happen is that Americans just couldn't support a foreign war and the powers that be wanted to keep making money on the arms they'd been selling.

I don't buy the great conspiracies, but not of import to me anyways. I will take that minute or two to remember those who did not cause the war, that only served because they had to. My dad was at D-Day, not Pearl, but I remember all now gone, soon to be joined by those that served, for us, regardless of what politicians did or didn't do.

They are leaving at an increasingly rapid rate and I salute them all and say, "thank you!"

I don't think so. We were already pretty much out of the great depression by Pearl Habor, having sold arms to the allies until they ran out of money. I think the reason they let it happen is that Americans just couldn't support a foreign war and the powers that be wanted to keep making money on the arms they'd been selling.

I agree with you and that's what all the research I've come up with has suggested.

I don't buy the great conspiracies, but not of import to me anyways. I will take that minute or two to remember those who did not cause the war, that only served because they had to. My dad was at D-Day, not Pearl, but I remember all now gone, soon to be joined by those that served, for us, regardless of what politicians did or didn't do.

They are leaving at an increasingly rapid rate and I salute them all and say, "thank you!"

Ditto! The USS Indianapolis soldiers always come to Indiana and have a memorial for those lost at sea, their numbers are dwindling rapidly.

*I would like to add that visiting or talking to these brave WW2 vets would be a wonderful thing to do. Like Annie said, they won't be around much longer.

Forum List

Back