7 day creation story doesnt seem possible

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
How do you create earth after day and night? Day and night depends on rotation of the sphere. At that point, the Earth was still unformed.
How were plants created before the sun? Plants require the sun
How do you have lamps (sun and moon) giving their own light? The moon reflects light from the sun

Any explanations other than How much better and more satisfying it is to accept Scripture as it stands. It doesn't need to be fully understood and explained by modern scientific thought; it just needs to be believed and obeyed like found on ICR.com?

How do you create earth after day and night? Day and night depends on rotation of the sphere. At that point, the Earth was still unformed.
How do you have lamps (sun and moon) giving their own light? The moon reflects light from the sun

Any explanations other than How much better and more satisfying it is to accept Scripture as it stands. It doesn't need to be fully understood and explained by modern scientific thought; it just needs to be believed and obeyed like found on ICR.com?
Are you looking for personal confirmation or pity? :dunno:

Im just looking for answers.
Does the account in Genesis make sense to you?

Maybe someone that knows some original hebrew text can explain? Perhaps it got "lost" in translation? Indeependent Ropey

This is one reason as to why the very name of G-d is ineffable... to the Jew. Remember that this book is 2000 years older than Jews in historical terms.

Elohim - Creator ... created first in mind and then created the physical in sound/deed.

In the beginning doesn't mean at an exact moment. It was not creation in and of itself.

It was the entire creation. G-d, being one, contains everything so he divided an area, quite like a programmer would design a sandbox today.

And in there, the deeds were done. I'm trying to modernize it a bit ...

No, it doesn't make sense and you shouldn't take it literally. It is a very old creation story, like the one that says the world is carried on the back of a turtle.

No, it doesn't make sense and you shouldn't take it literally. It is a very old creation story, like the one that says the world is carried on the back of a turtle.
And it's turtles, all the way down.

If you interpret Genesis in the most ridiculous way possible it will not make any sense whatsoever.

If you interpret in a reasonable manner it describes the big bang and evolution.

I'm not worried about it given that according to the Bible God is not limited by what is natural law according to men. :dunno:

Maybe someone that knows some original hebrew text can explain? Perhaps it got "lost" in translation? Indeependent Ropey

It did, the use of words like slang have to be understood in meaning from the era it originated.
The Sheva (7) Day(age) Creation is the progression of ages.
The Dead Sea Scrolls allowed us to see how words were utilized in their age (days) not ours. "Day" sometimes refered to periods of time as in an era or "age of".

source:The Ages of The World 4Q180-181

creation days-the world has gone through 6 ages in creating order from it's chaos not 6000 years with
The 7th(Sheva) Day(Age) rest.

This is one reason as to why the very name of G-d is ineffable... to the Jew. Remember that this book is 2000 years older than Jews in historical terms.

Elohim - Creator ... created first in mind and then created the physical in sound/deed.

In the beginning doesn't mean at an exact moment. It was not creation in and of itself.

It was the entire creation. G-d, being one, contains everything so he divided an area, quite like a programmer would design a sandbox today.

Fair enough.
I actually think the hebrew word is "yom" which just means beginning and end? Maybe "day" and it being in order is just translation?
This is why i paged you lol

If you interpret Genesis in the most ridiculous way possible it will not make any sense whatsoever.

If you interpret in a reasonable manner it describes the big bang and evolution.

I believe so as well.

Sound was the first act.

The words Abera Cadabera in Hebrew means: I create as I speak...

Fair enough. But it is translated to mean day and in order. Thats basically christian tradition, no? That is why my questions formed. hehe

Fair enough.
I actually think the hebrew word is "yom" which just means beginning and end? Maybe "day" and it being in order is just translation?
I like the "Let their be light" part.

I'm not worried about it given that according to the Bible God is not limited by what is natural law according to men. :dunno:
but plants are :dunno:

Fair enough.
I actually used to think that was crap too. But further research led me to believe God is the actual light. IDK it just makes sense.
You know, as light comes from the sun. lol

but plants are :dunno:
They are? Really? looks to me like you're actually trying to limit God to human created natural laws so your question looks less like a question and more like an attempt at pigeonholing. :dunno:

Fair enough.
I actually used to think that was crap too. But further research led me to believe God is the actual light. IDK it just makes sense.
You know, as light comes from the sun. lol
I didn't say anything was crap. It just can't be taken literally, as in 7 days of magic. There has been a lot of interesting interpretation based on translations like HaShev's and comparing it to Big Bang theory. I'm not laughing at anyone.

Forum List

Back