7 brave pets that saved people

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
In October 007, 17-month-old Charlotte Svillicic was playing in the yard of her family’s Australian home when the family dog, a Doberman pinscher named Khan, began to snarl. A king brown snake — one of the world’s most venomous snakes — was under the house. Khan tried to nudge the toddler away, but when she didn’t move, he picked her up by her diaper and tossed her a few feet behind him. The movement startled the snake, which lunged and bit Khan on the paw, but after receiving antivenin, the Doberman made a full recovery.

7 heroic pets that saved lives | MNN - Mother Nature Network

i would like to point out the first pet listed as a hero is a doberman...hell ya....

I'm not surprised at all.

Animals are so much more than some people give them credit for being.

Kudo's to all seven of those great pets and the people they share their lives with.

First, my apologies, Bones - don't mean to derail your thread, but did you happen to catch the video this morning (on Fox News I think; otherwise CBS news) of the two legged rescue dog who took his first run on the beach? Thing is - it was his two front legs!!

Dogs are the best! I'd actually rather hang out with most dogs over most people. Treat a dog right and he's a deeply loyal friend for life. When my wife left she took our dog. I was more heartbroken over the loss of my dog than the loss of my wife. I know that sounds crass but it's true.

I'm with you.

I think more of my dogs than I do most people.

People lie, steal, cheat. they'd kill you for fifty cents your sneakers or your car and your best friend would stab you in the back under the right motivation.

Your dog would never do any of that. Your dog doesn't care what color you are, how rich or poor you are. They don't care what you look like. They just love ya.

I'll take my dogs over people any day.

Last edited:
First, my apologies, Bones - don't mean to derail your thread, but did you happen to catch the video this morning (on Fox News I think; otherwise CBS news) of the two legged rescue dog who took his first run on the beach? Thing is - it was his two front legs!!

i did..things like that always amaze me.....and like yall i am more comfie with the animals

That Boxer is great!! There's another video of him out there.
Love to see him so obviously happy.

Iwas given a 3yr old pure bred Rottweiler(female).She knows the basics,but continues to mess on the floor.I've tried everything to stop her,but I'm at the last straw.I'm thinking of giving her to a shelter.But the more I read of the animals on this board I change my mind Help me someone.

I'm with you.

I think more of my dogs than I do most people.

People lie, steal, cheat. they'd kill you for fifty cents your sneakers or your car and your best friend would stab you in the back under the right motivation.

Your dog would never do any of that. Your dog doesn't care what color you are, how rich or poor you are. They don't care what you look like. They just love ya.

I'll take my dogs over people any day.

My last dog would know about the time I came home from work. He would sit on the back of the chair and look out the front window. When I drove up the driveway I could see him. He would go nuts with excitement and start running all around the house. When I came in I would immediately lay down on my back and he would jump on my chest and start licking my face. Then he would run around again because he knew that I was going to take him for a walk. But I would have to say: "want to go for a walk?" before we would actually go. I would usually wait until he jumped back up on my chest and start staring at me eye to eye. He would just sit there on pins and needles waiting for me to say those magic words. When I did finally say it he would go nuts again and run over to his harness and leash and drag them to me. Then we would head out for our daily walk.

I miss him so much.

Iwas given a 3yr old pure bred Rottweiler(female).She knows the basics,but continues to mess on the floor.I've tried everything to stop her,but I'm at the last straw.I'm thinking of giving her to a shelter.But the more I read of the animals on this board I change my mind Help me someone.

My dog would go on the floor on rare occasions but he would usually go on the Pee Wee pads I bought. They look like Pampers or Huggies but without any elastic. I would just lay them on an area of the floor where we wouldn't walk. He got good at using them. It took a little training. I would reward him with a treat when he went on them and I would say NO with a stern voice when he didn't. He got the picture.

Dogs are the best! I'd actually rather hang out with most dogs over most people. Treat a dog right and he's a deeply loyal friend for life. When my wife left she took our dog. I was more heartbroken over the loss of my dog than the loss of my wife. I know that sounds crass but it's true.

Some of the most bitter and acrimonious divorce fights I ever handled was over the dog. Complicated custody agreements and arbitration to resolve pet custody. You should have fought.

Forum List

Back