6th Circuit Federal Appeals Court Gives Thumb's Up to States' Choice on Gay Marriage

Should the definition of marriage be up to the states?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
The simplest way to deal with this issue once and for all................

Propose a simple Amendment to the Constitution.................That defines marriage..................as between a man and a woman..................

If it passes then it would have been passed by the Masses and end this discussion once and for all..........Then it would be clear as a bell where the people stand on this issue...............

I believe it would pass easily.
Stay out of Vegas, and learn to read polls.

And this isn't up for a vote, and never should have been.
I didn't say it was..............I proposed making it so.............and end this discussion once and for all.............Let the people decide via Amending the Constitution................If the people agree that we should not recognize Gay Marriage then the argument would be over once and for all.

The people have the right to decide what they believe should be acceptable in a society..............and since it takes a lot of numbers to pass an amendment it would be extremely difficult to pass.................but if it passed then it's over.

Propose a simple Amendment to the Constitution.................That defines marriage..................as between a man and a woman..................

If it passes then it would have been passed by the Masses and end this discussion once and for all..........Then it would be clear as a bell where the people stand on this issue...............

I didn't say it was..............I proposed making it so.............and end this discussion once and for all.............Let the people decide via Amending the Constitution................If the people agree that we should not recognize Gay Marriage then the argument would be over once and for all.

The people have the right to decide what they believe should be acceptable in a society..............and since it takes a lot of numbers to pass an amendment it would be extremely difficult to pass.................but if it passed then it's over.
The People don't have the right, and they have already decided.

The real question is should a society decide what is morally acceptable in it's rules and belief system.
That's not really a question but the answer is yes. And one of our founding principles, although we're still getting there, is equality before the law.
Which is not the main issue.................it's whether or not we are required to accept same sex marriage as a nation...................The courts are scared of this issue as they don't want to be the one to make the final decision............The PC BS at its worst...................

Bottom line most in America don't agree in principle with gay marriage whether you like it or not......................and the Judges know this........because the Judges are like most in America in not agreeing with it..............................

Leave's them in a Catch 22 situation...............they don't agree with the morality of it............but are forced to make a decision that forces acceptance of it..............Kind of makes them want to go buy some mouth wash.

Because government power is derived from the barrel of a gun, not the will of the people of, Chairman Mao?
When people get to vote on the rights of others pretty soon nobody has any. Why do you think the Founders hated Democracy, was it just for fun?
Thats why the Supreme Court needs to affirm that voters in states have the right to decide these issues.
You want gay marriage? Fine, get it passed legislatively. Dont rely on activist judges to do the work for you.

Bullshit and bullshit.
10th A disagrees with you.
Most people decided they didnt want this crap.

Bullshit and bullshit.
Learn to do math.

The people don't have the right to change the Constitution.............The Constitution says otherwise....................

We have every right to propose a change and bring it to a vote of our fellow Americans...............If a VERY LARGE MAJORITY agree then it is the law of the land...................

The People don't have the right to decide what THIS NATION ACCEPTS OR REJECTS.................Dumb ass statement.

Because government power is derived from the barrel of a gun, not the will of the people of, Chairman Mao?
When people get to vote on the rights of others pretty soon nobody has any. Why do you think the Founders hated Democracy, was it just for fun?
Thats why the Supreme Court needs to affirm that voters in states have the right to decide these issues.
You want gay marriage? Fine, get it passed legislatively. Dont rely on activist judges to do the work for you.
The voters don't have the right, obviously, and the court has let that stand. Sorry.

The voters don't have the right, obviously, and the court has let that stand. Sorry.
The SCOTUS has an obligation when the lower Federal Courts disagree on an issue.............which is currently happening...........

This decision HAS TO BE MADE BY SCOTUS.................whether they like it our not..............and it is a Catch 22 issue as it will FORCE A DECISION ON STATE'S RIGHTS......................and they know this.

Bullshit and bullshit.
Learn to do math.
Quit whining.
You're getting your ass soundly beaten here.

The SCOTUS has an obligation when the lower Federal Courts disagree on an issue.............which is currently happening...........

This decision HAS TO BE MADE BY SCOTUS.................whether they like it our not..............and it is a Catch 22 issue as it will FORCE A DECISION ON STATE'S RIGHTS......................and they know this.
They don't have to decide this, but they most likely will. They could let it stand as it is if they like. They are under no obligation either way.

Bullshit and bullshit.
Learn to do math.
Quit whining.
You're getting your ass soundly beaten here.
Beaten by you little morons? Not a chance Sweetcheeks.

They don't have to decide this, but they most likely will. They could let it stand as it is if they like. They are under no obligation either way.
If they let it stand they have no uniformity throughout the US. So no, they wont.

If they let it stand they have no uniformity throughout the US. So no, they wont.
We'll see. As I sad, they are under no obligation.

Bottom line most in America don't agree in principle with gay marriage whether you like it or not..
Bottom line is you need to check your numbers again. Your side has lost on that just as it has in court, for the most part until now.
Check the numbers.............LOL

In the Liberal State of California they passed that marriage to be between a man and a woman..............The Courts rejected it..................

Now a court has stated that the states DO HAVE THE RIGHT to make this judgement................FORCING A SCOTUS ACTION...........

And the will of the people in California had stated that they openly rejected same sex marriage..............In one of the most Liberal States in this country..............

If this was placed as an Amendment to the Constitution in America the Gay movement would lose.

Bottom line most in America don't agree in principle with gay marriage whether you like it or not..
Bottom line is you need to check your numbers again. Your side has lost on that just as it has in court, for the most part until now.
Check the numbers.............LOL

In the Liberal State of California they passed that marriage to be between a man and a woman..............The Courts rejected it..................

Now a court has stated that the states DO HAVE THE RIGHT to make this judgement................FORCING A SCOTUS ACTION...........

And the will of the people in California had stated that they openly rejected same sex marriage..............In one of the most Liberal States in this country..............

If this was placed as an Amendment to the Constitution in America the Gay movement would lose.
Your opinion is noted, but the actual math says otherwise.

Forum List

Back