69 years ago today

As a former Marine, speaking on behalf of those Marines that died at Pearl Harbor, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and other battles across the Pacific for a war the Japs started...hey, " don't start none if you don't want none." Should of dropped 10 bombs on the sonsabitches.

A "former Marine" with an ounce of historical perspective and a book or two might conclude that the FDR administration set up the Marines on Iwo Jima.

As a former Marine, speaking on behalf of those Marines that died at Pearl Harbor, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and other battles across the Pacific for a war the Japs started...hey, " don't start none if you don't want none." Should of dropped 10 bombs on the sonsabitches.

A "former Marine" with an ounce of historical perspective and a book or two might conclude that the FDR administration set up the Marines on Iwo Jima.

Is that why LIBTARDS hold him in such high regard?

On Aug. 5, 1945, the first atomic bomb ever used in warfare, was dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. Approx. 40,000 people died in Hiroshima that day, with as many as 60,000 more dying over the next year from injuries, disease, radiation etc. Three days later, another atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, with similar casualties.

Analysts estimate that the abrupt end of the war caused by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, saved approx. 500,000 American casualties, and a million or more Japanese casualties, that would otherwise have occurred in the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands.

actually August 6th, i remember that day very well and what a beautiful day it was, celebrations nation wide. :up:

They brought it on themselves.

Yamamoto himself realized it too late that they royally fucked up by dragging us into the war.

Learn some history. Yamamoto was against war with the US from the gitgo. He had seen and understood the industrial might of the US.

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant.............."

damnit Peach, i do have to agree with you at times, good post. :up:

69 is my favorite number.

On this day, sixty-nine years ago, LeMay and friends dropped a nuclear device on a city that it specifically saved from bombing so it could send hundreds of technical people in later to examine the blast effects and build better bombs.

Now that's planning ahead!

Imagine Lemay taking orders from pip squeak Obabble...

LeMay would have told him to go fuck himself, which would have been very appropriate. :up:

On Aug. 5, 1945, the first atomic bomb ever used in warfare, was dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. Approx. 40,000 people died in Hiroshima that day, with as many as 60,000 more dying over the next year from injuries, disease, radiation etc. Three days later, another atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, with similar casualties.

Analysts estimate that the abrupt end of the war caused by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, saved approx. 500,000 American casualties, and a million or more Japanese casualties, that would otherwise have occurred in the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands.

Yamamoto himself realized it too late that they royally fucked up by dragging us into the war.

Learn some history. Yamamoto was against war with the US from the gitgo. He had seen and understood the industrial might of the US.

Yamamoto was against a protracted war with the US. He did, however, push and plan the Pearl Harbor attack. That supports my statement.

actually August 6th, i remember that day very well and what a beautiful day it was, celebrations nation wide. :up:

It was dropped ~8am Japan time...which, IIRC, was still evening of 8/5 in the US.

Yamamoto was against a protracted war with the US. He did, however, push and plan the Pearl Harbor attack. That supports my statement.

He knew from the start that Japan could not win...he predicted correctly that he would "run wild" for 6 months to a year. Note: the Japanese fleet was smashed at Midway...exactly one DAY short of six months after Pearl Harbor!

Forum List

Back