66 million reasons why Obama does not have a fundraising problem.

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry to dissapoint you at the GOP who said Obama has problems with fundraising.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama campaign confirms they raised $66 million in August - Blogs from CNN.com

$66 MILLION DOLLARS.

The Obama campaign said Sunday it had raised $66 million in the month of August. The new total bests the campaign's previous high of $55 million, which came in February during his tough primary fight with Hillary Clinton. John McCain also had a record fundraising month in August; according to his campaign, he raised $47 million.

The Obama campaign also said more than 500,000 new donors contributed last month, bringing the total number of donors to more than 2.5 million, and reported

*Waits to see how certain members of the GOP will try and spin Obama's "money problems" now.*

Last edited:
Sorry to dissapoint you at the GOP who said Obama has problems with fundraising.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama campaign confirms they raised $66 million in August - Blogs from CNN.com

$66 MILLION DOLLARS.

*Waits to see how certain members of the GOP will try and spin Obama's "money problems" now.*

That is onething, I don't think I ever said Obama has a problem with his rasing money Modbert. Actually, in that arena he is pretty smart about how it goes about rasing money using new web based tools in order to make it easier for someone to donate. However, the only thing I have mentined about Obama and money is his many pledges on the public financing thing, then at the last min. deciding not to, just more validation on the man, at least to me. As for funds though, I'm pretty sure, that the Republicans will raise about the same amount as the Democrats all told when it's all said and done. You won't see McCain out there begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money I can assure you on that one. So hopefully the dems, are not counting on that. As a matter of fact at last check during this election cycle. the Republicans total raised is 456 million vs. 416 million for the dems. So got no worries there.

That is onething, I don't think I ever said Obama has a problem with his rasing money Robert. Actually, in that arena he is pretty smart about how it goes about rasing money using new web based tools in order to make it easier for someone to donate. However, the only thing I have mentined about Obama and money is his many pledges on the public financing thing, then at the last min. deciding not to, just more validation on the man, at least to me. As for funds though, I'm pretty sure, that the Republicans will raise about the same amount as the Democrats all told when it's all said and done. You won't see McCain out there begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money I can assure you on that one. So hopefully the dems, are not counting on that. As a matter of fact at last check during this election cycle. the Republicans total raised is 456 million vs. 416 million for the dems. So got no worries there.

And there is the spin ladies and gentlemen!

Barack Obama has raised more then John McCain.

Obama didn't want to fall for the same trap that Kerry did in 04 with public financing. He is for it, but realizes it's totally tilted towards the Republican.

And I don't see Obama out there begging people to go to his website because he "ran out of money."

Did you see how much Obama has on hand?

Reported Cash on hand is $77 million dollars.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
And there is the spin ladies and gentlemen!

Obama didn't want to fall for the same trap that Kerry did in 04 with public financing. He is for it, but realizes it's totally tilted towards the Republican.

And I don't see Obama out there begging people to go to his website because he "ran out of money."

Did you see how much Obama has on hand? :cuckoo:

you might want to look up "spin" in your dictionary,because navy's post wasn't it.
your little riff on why Obama flipflopped on public financing: that's spin.

study up, there'll be a quiz later

you might want to look up "spin" in your dictionary,because navy's post wasn't it.
your little riff on why Obama flipflopped on public financing: that's spin.

study up, there'll be a quiz later

That's not spin, that's what Obama stated.

Navy said "you won't see McCain out there begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money I can assure you on that one."

And this:

As a matter of fact at last check during this election cycle. the Republicans total raised is 456 million vs. 416 million for the dems. So got no worries there.

That's what had me going :wtf:. (The 1st one anyway, the 2nd one was just bringing how the GOP is "still better" in fundraising.)

All I heard in one thread and across the board for the last few weeks was that "Obama is having problems raising problem", "expect fundraising problems for Obama",etc.

Barack Obama is not begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money supposedly.

A topic that is about how much he earned this month had public financing dragged into it.

Navy said "you won't see McCain out there begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money I can assure you on that one."

And this:

As a matter of fact at last check during this election cycle. the Republicans total raised is 456 million vs. 416 million for the dems. So got no worries there.

That's what had me going :wtf:. (The 1st one anyway, the 2nd one was just bringing how the GOP is "still better" in fundraising.)

All I heard in one thread and across the board for the last few weeks was that "Obama is having problems raising problem", "expect fundraising problems for Obama",etc.

Barack Obama is not begging people to go to his website because he ran out of money supposedly.

A topic that is about how much he earned this month had public financing dragged into it.

Robert, I didn't spin a thing on that last post, except for the fact, I might have added a little extra Obama negative in there, all true however. Not spin though. Spin would be. me saying, something like at the beginning of Aug he had 65.6 million dollars cash on hand, and now he has 77 million so did he actually raise 66 million? Now thats spin. see what I mean.

Modbert, also I meant to leave with your the impression that unlike Obama's last opponent, i.e. Hillary, don't worry too much about Republican financing abilities,because in the end I think you will find we match up pretty well.

Robert, I didn't spin a thing on that last post, except for the fact, I might have added a little extra Obama negative in there, all true however. Not spin though. Spin would be. me saying, something like at the beginning of Aug he had 65.6 million dollars cash on hand, and now he has 77 million so did he actually raise 66 million? Now thats spin. see what I mean.

I see what you mean but you threw a couple negative Obama remarks in there and then brought up public financing.

That issue has been debated to death. You either think he did the right thing or didn't. Neither of us is going to change the others mind on that.

And to your last comment, I don't know how much he exactly had at the beginning of August, if it was 65.6 million in cash then it was. Yes, he did actually raise 66 million though because of after expenses, ads,etc he had a certain amount left.

However, he isn't going to be begging anyone anytime soon to go to his website because he is supposedly out of money.

Another thing I'm wondering, will the people who said he had a fundraising problem, step up and admit they were wrong? :doubt:

Robert, also I meant to leave with your the impression that unlike Obama's last opponent, i.e. Hillary, don't worry too much about Republican financing abilities,because in the end I think you will find we match up pretty well.

The parties themselves will match up pretty well.

However I think we can both agree that Obama continues to shock plenty of people by raising record high after record high. With scores of new donors and of course the ones who have already been behind him.

Win, Lose, Or Draw he has certainly rewrote the blueprint on how to Campaign for money when running for POTUS.

I see what you mean but you threw a couple negative Obama remarks in there and then brought up public financing.

That issue has been debated to death. You either think he did the right thing or didn't. Neither of us is going to change the others mind on that.

And to your last comment, I don't know how much he exactly had at the beginning of August, if it was 65.6 million in cash then it was. Yes, he did actually raise 66 million though because of after expenses, ads,etc he had a certain amount left.

However, he isn't going to be begging anyone anytime soon to go to his website because he is supposedly out of money.

Another thing I'm wondering, will the people who said he had a fundraising problem, step up and admit they were wrong? :doubt:

Well you might need to start with his own finance Staffers out there telling people the have a serious issue with their own fund raising being "Anemic". On the cash on hand issue at the beginning of the month of Aug. thats a fact you can google it anywhere if you wish, the point was though that if I made a thread that said, Obama claims 66 million raised, cash on hand 65.6 million at the beginning of the month now at 77 million. That's spin!!

Obama Finance Staffer Warns Fundraising Is "Extremely Anemic"

Well you might need to start with his own finance Staffers out there telling people the have a serious issue with their own fund raising being "Anemic". On the cash on hand issue at the beginning of the month of Aug. thats a fact you can google it anywhere if you wish, the point was though that if I made a thread that said, Obama claims 66 million raised, cash on hand 65.6 million at the beginning of the month now at 77 million. That's spin!!

Obama Finance Staffer Warns Fundraising Is "Extremely Anemic"

I've seen that. However, the fact is that Obama raised $66 million dollars in August.

Just like it's fact that his cash on hand increased by $11 million by month's end.

Only time will tell if Obama made a fiscal mistake in not taking public financing. However, at the time he did it was his best choice considering what happened in 04.

Last edited:

And this:

so what you're telling me is that Obama was for public financing before he was against it, right?

pssst, McCain accepted public financing, y'know, like Obama said he would do.

so what you're telling me is that Obama was for public financing before he was against it, right?

pssst, McCain accepted public financing, y'know, like Obama said he would do.

Obama is still for public financing.

Barack Obama, US Senator (D-IL), in a Nov. 27, 2007 "Presidential Candidate Questionnaire" from the Midwest Democracy Network, stated:

"I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests. I introduced public financing legislation in the Illinois State Senate, and am the only 2008 candidate to have sponsored Senator Russ Feingold's (D-WI) bill to reform the presidential public financing system. In February 2007, I proposed a novel way to preserve the strength of the public financing system in the 2008 election. My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election. My proposal followed announcements by some presidential candidates that they would forgo public financing so they could raise unlimited funds in the general election. The Federal Election Commission ruled the proposal legal, and Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has already pledged to accept this fundraising pledge. If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."
Nov. 27, 2007 Barack Obama

[Editor's Note: In a June 20, 2008 USA Today article titled "I Support Public Financing and Will Work to Make It Viable," Barack Obama explained why he supports public financing and why he is opting out of it:
"The decision not to participate in the public financing system wasn't an easy one — especially because I support a robust system of public financing of elections. But the public financing of presidential elections, as it exists today, is broken — and the Republican Party apparatus has mastered the art of gaming this broken system...

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that we need to limit the influence of big donors on campaigns, and I've co-sponsored legislation to fix the system — legislation Sen. McCain does not support. I am firmly committed to reforming the system as president, so that it's viable in today's campaign climate."]

yeah, he leads by example, right?

actually one could argue that he is participating in public financing...the public IS financing his campaign...they are just doing it directly with him instead of through the federal government. 96% of his funding has come from individual donors...

If the purpose of public financing is to keep things honest I'm not sure how much more honest you can get than millions of people donating $5, $10 and $20 whenever they can.

I'm not sure why anyone would be pissed about him opting out of spending TAXPAYER DOLLARS to fund his campaign.

Personally I never give to the presidental fund when I do my taxes...I don't want my money going to a candidate who I don't support.

actually one could argue that he is participating in public financing...the public IS financing his campaign...they are just doing it directly with him instead of through the federal government. 96% of his funding has come from individual donors...

If the purpose of public financing is to keep things honest I'm not sure how much more honest you can get than millions of people donating $5, $10 and $20 whenever they can.

I'm not sure why anyone would be pissed about him opting out of spending TAXPAYER DOLLARS to fund his campaign.

Personally I never give to the presidental fund when I do my taxes...I don't want my money going to a candidate who I don't support.

:iagree:

one could, but one would be wrong. I'm just pointing out that he said he would accept public financing and then did not.

I don't give them any money, either.

"I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused"- Elvis Costello

Forum List

Back