60 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List

Waiting for the ABNORMALS to RANT and RAVE over this list....the entertainment should be immense!

We the media have “fact-checked” President Trump like we have fact-checked no other human being on the planet—and he’s certainly given us plenty to write about. That’s probably why it’s so easy to find lists enumerating and examining his mistakes, missteps and “lies.” But as self-appointed arbiters of truth, we’ve largely excused our own unprecedented string of fact-challenged reporting. The truth is, formerly well-respected, top news organizations are making repeat, unforced errors in numbers that were unheard of just a couple of years ago.

Our repeat mistakes involve declaring that Trump’s claims are “lies” when they are matters of opinion, or when the truth between conflicting sources is unknowable; taking Trump’s statements and events out of context; reporting secondhand accounts against Trump without attribution as if they’re established fact; relying on untruthful, conflicted sources; and presenting reporter opinions in news stories—without labeling them as opinions.

What’s worse, we defend ourselves by trying to convince the public that our mistakes are actually a virtue because we (sometimes) correct them. Or we blame Trump for why we’re getting so much wrong. It’s a little bit like a police officer taking someone to jail for DUI, then driving home drunk himself: he may be correct to arrest the suspect, but he should certainly know better than to commit the same violation.

So since nobody else has compiled an updated, extensive list of this kind, here are:

50 Notable Mistakes and Missteps in Major Media Reporting on Donald Trump

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

The New York Post published modeling photos of Trump’s wife Melania and reported they were taken in 1995. Various news outlets relied on that date to imply that Melania—an immigrant—had violated her visa status. But the media got the date wrong. Politico was among the news agencies that later issued a...

Read more at sharylattkisson.com ...

And Trump has lied or made informational claims more than ten times more that the media has.
Here's the update of the Washington list of Trump's lies and misrepresentations of facts.
Despite Trump, Trump's team and Trump supporters saying they will debunk WaPo's list, not one has been debunked.
Analysis | President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days

Unlike Trump that turned millions into BILLIONS, you couldn't turn hundreds into Thousands....ROTFLMFAO@

Not true at all. Trump has been mediocre at best in growing his wealth, having failed at every business he started on his own.

On the other hand in less than 7 years my family has gone from not much above poverty level to in the top 10% for incomes.
I believe Trump 1000 times more than you, a known liar, with the having failed at every business he started on his iwn....You know how many businesses he has...quick, Google that!....ROTFLMFAO!

I know how many he started and how many are still operational out of that...ZERO
No sense in arguing with a liar and know nothing..

The Trump Organization. The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500business entities of which Donald Trump, the current U.S. President, is the sole or principal owner

From your own source...

Donald Trump's grandmother and father founded the organization in 1923 as E. Trump & Son, and it was led from 1971 to 2017 by Donald, who renamed the company around 1973.

AND BUILT IT INTO OVER 500 PEPARATE COMPANIES....GRANDPA DIDN'T BUILD THAT...STEALING A LINE FROM FAUXAHONTAS!!!!!.....ROTFLMFAO

Not true at all. Trump has been mediocre at best in growing his wealth, having failed at every business he started on his own.

On the other hand in less than 7 years my family has gone from not much above poverty level to in the top 10% for incomes.
I believe Trump 1000 times more than you, a known liar, with the having failed at every business he started on his iwn....You know how many businesses he has...quick, Google that!....ROTFLMFAO!

I know how many he started and how many are still operational out of that...ZERO

The Trump Organization. The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500business entities of which Donald Trump, the current U.S. President, is the sole or principal owner

From your own source...

Donald Trump's grandmother and father founded the organization in 1923 as E. Trump & Son, and it was led from 1971 to 2017 by Donald, who renamed the company around 1973.

AND BUILT IT INTO OVER 500 PEPARATE COMPANIES....GRANDPA DIDN'T BUILD THAT...STEALING A LINE FROM FAUXAHONTAS!!!!!.....ROTFLMFAO

He did not build it into 500 separate companies, Trump Inc is a holding company ,they buy out other companies and leave the day to day operations to someone else.

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act?

This one is funny. Project much?

22. June 8, 2017:
The New York Times’ Jonathan Weisman reported that Comey testified Trump Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Comey not to call the Russia probe “an investigation” but “a matter.” Weisman was mistaken about the attorney general and the probe. Actually, it was Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch (not Sessions) who told Comey to refer to the Hillary Clinton classified email probe (not the Russia probe) as “a matter” instead of “an investigation.”

Thanks for posting OP great list of why the media should not be trusted.

I will admit, when the first on your list of mistakes that define an era is getting a date wrong, I just quit reading after that.

If that is all you got, then you aint got nothing.
Popodopolous was convicted for getting a date wrong.

Sharyl Attkinsson is an actual reporter who was targeted by the Obama administration, yet few in the media came to her defense the way so many are defending Accosta making him out to be a victim.

From your own source...

He did not build it into 500 separate companies, Trump Inc is a holding company ,they buy out other companies and leave the day to day operations to someone else.

Are you that stupid that by him buying hundreds of companies and making MOST of them turn a profit ISNT BUILDING COMPANIES?....I see you never took eco 101!!!...ROTFLMFAO!!!

From your own source...

Are you that stupid that by him buying hundreds of companies and making MOST of them turn a profit ISNT BUILDING COMPANIES?....I see you never took eco 101!!!...ROTFLMFAO!!!

One more time for the really stupid in the group....Every company that Trump has started on his own has gone out of business..everyone.

Did I type that slow enough for you?

From your own source...

One more time for the really stupid in the group...

List them...

From your own source...

One more time for the really stupid in the group....Every company that Trump has started on his own has gone out of business..everyone.

Another big fat snowflake lie.

Forum List

Back