60 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Waiting for the ABNORMALS to RANT and RAVE over this list....the entertainment should be immense!

We the media have “fact-checked” President Trump like we have fact-checked no other human being on the planet—and he’s certainly given us plenty to write about. That’s probably why it’s so easy to find lists enumerating and examining his mistakes, missteps and “lies.” But as self-appointed arbiters of truth, we’ve largely excused our own unprecedented string of fact-challenged reporting. The truth is, formerly well-respected, top news organizations are making repeat, unforced errors in numbers that were unheard of just a couple of years ago.

Our repeat mistakes involve declaring that Trump’s claims are “lies” when they are matters of opinion, or when the truth between conflicting sources is unknowable; taking Trump’s statements and events out of context; reporting secondhand accounts against Trump without attribution as if they’re established fact; relying on untruthful, conflicted sources; and presenting reporter opinions in news stories—without labeling them as opinions.

What’s worse, we defend ourselves by trying to convince the public that our mistakes are actually a virtue because we (sometimes) correct them. Or we blame Trump for why we’re getting so much wrong. It’s a little bit like a police officer taking someone to jail for DUI, then driving home drunk himself: he may be correct to arrest the suspect, but he should certainly know better than to commit the same violation.

So since nobody else has compiled an updated, extensive list of this kind, here are:

50 Notable Mistakes and Missteps in Major Media Reporting on Donald Trump

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

The New York Post published modeling photos of Trump’s wife Melania and reported they were taken in 1995. Various news outlets relied on that date to imply that Melania—an immigrant—had violated her visa status. But the media got the date wrong. Politico was among the news agencies that later issued a...

Read more at sharylattkisson.com ...

I will admit, when the first on your list of mistakes that define an era is getting a date wrong, I just quit reading after that.

If that is all you got, then you aint got nothing.

Waiting for the ABNORMALS to RANT and RAVE over this list....the entertainment should be immense!

We the media have “fact-checked” President Trump like we have fact-checked no other human being on the planet—and he’s certainly given us plenty to write about. That’s probably why it’s so easy to find lists enumerating and examining his mistakes, missteps and “lies.” But as self-appointed arbiters of truth, we’ve largely excused our own unprecedented string of fact-challenged reporting. The truth is, formerly well-respected, top news organizations are making repeat, unforced errors in numbers that were unheard of just a couple of years ago.

Our repeat mistakes involve declaring that Trump’s claims are “lies” when they are matters of opinion, or when the truth between conflicting sources is unknowable; taking Trump’s statements and events out of context; reporting secondhand accounts against Trump without attribution as if they’re established fact; relying on untruthful, conflicted sources; and presenting reporter opinions in news stories—without labeling them as opinions.

What’s worse, we defend ourselves by trying to convince the public that our mistakes are actually a virtue because we (sometimes) correct them. Or we blame Trump for why we’re getting so much wrong. It’s a little bit like a police officer taking someone to jail for DUI, then driving home drunk himself: he may be correct to arrest the suspect, but he should certainly know better than to commit the same violation.

So since nobody else has compiled an updated, extensive list of this kind, here are:

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

The New York Post published modeling photos of Trump’s wife Melania and reported they were taken in 1995. Various news outlets relied on that date to imply that Melania—an immigrant—had violated her visa status. But the media got the date wrong. Politico was among the news agencies that later issued a...

Trump lies faster than the media can fact check

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

AND, so do you!!....It is in your genes!

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

His lies are dancing on rooftops. Thousands and thousands of them, jerking uncontrollably. I saw it on TV. Many very fine people are saying they saw it on TV, except O'bama who was tapppppping my wires from Kenya. And they don't go out in the rain, unless it's an inauguration -- in which case it's not rain, it's water coming out of the Wherever.

Last edited:
I will admit, when the first on your list of mistakes that define an era is getting a date wrong, I just quit reading after that.

It was more than getting a date wrong. It was also about being wrong about MT violating her visa status or not, which depended on the date of the photo. Sometimes the devil is in the details.

And obviously, that wasn't "all you got" since there were 49 other items on the list that you didn't bother to check out.

TWO scopes of ice cream....You ABNORMALS are so easy!

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

His lies are dancing on rooftops. Thousands and thousands of them, jerking uncontrollably. I saw it on TV. Many very fine people are saying they saw it on TV, except O'bama who was tapppppping my wires from Kenya. And they don't go out in the rain, unless it's an inauguration.
lead_720_405.jpg

Pog is as easy as Wrongwinger!

yeah, I did not sweat that one either.

Amazing how alike you are to that which you fight against.

There is little difference between the wing nuts, you all are just two sides of the same coin

There is little difference between the wing nuts, you all are just two sides of the same coin
Your opinion = circular file!

See now, if that were true you would not take your time to respond at all

You got past the lying flamebait first sentence?

I have to admit, my morbid curiosity got the best of me and I looked a bit more..all pretty much bullshit.

Shit like a tweet from a reporter that thought a bust had been moved and who corrected himself within like minutes after realizing he was mistaken.

When that shit make the top 60 list you know they are desperate.

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

His lies are dancing on rooftops. Thousands and thousands of them, jerking uncontrollably. I saw it on TV. Many very fine people are saying they saw it on TV, except O'bama who was tapppppping my wires from Kenya. And they don't go out in the rain, unless it's an inauguration.
lead_720_405.jpg

Easy peasy rainy squeegee....

iu

But wait! There's more. NOW how much would you pay....

iu

I believe I mentioned ENTERTSINMENT...You are!

What is ENTERTSINMENT?

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

lead_720_405.jpg

iu

iu
Sudden cloudburst....ROTFLMFAO....Putin a true soldier, like him or not....BIG DIFFERENCE!

What is ENTERTSINMENT?

What is ENTERTSINMENT?
Google it!

What is ENTERTSINMENT?

What is ENTERTSINMENT?
Google it!

I did and it came back and said "the purge is a dumbfuck".

Thanks for the suggestion!

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

lead_720_405.jpg

iu

iu
Sudden cloudburst....ROTFLMFAO....Putin a true soldier, like him or not....BIG DIFFERENCE!

Bigly difference indeed. You're saying Putin has a pair. Most guys do. Except the ones that go, "oh for heaventh thake I can't go out in that, my hair will be jutht godawful!" :gay:

Forum List

Back