6 Month Fetus Declared a Human in MA

A Massachusetts woman ...
Ayanna Woodhouse, 25, of Wellesley, Massachusetts...

The maximum sentence for manslaughter in Massachusetts is 20 years in prison.
Massachusetts Woman Charged with Manslaughter After Assault Victim's Unborn Fetus Dies - ABC News

It will be interesting to see if this sets a precedent.
Declared human or declared a legal person?
go easy.

some here are not too bright when distinctions are raised. :eusa_whistle:

A corporation has rights under the law. A fetus does not, yet.

A pregnant mother has rights and they extend to life in her womb. It is all about the mother.

In some respects a fetus is life, but so is sperm and eggs. Catholic boys and girls of a certain age know this all too well. Masturbation is sinful.

Whether a fetus is a fully developed human is not open to question. There is science to be taken into account.

Last edited:

That's not entirely accurate. Consider the Peterson case and laws against abortion on the 2 and 3rd trimesters. These certainly recognize the child's right to exist, although loopholes do exist.
In some respects a fetus is life, but so is sperm and eggs.
Life =/= a life. Distinct organism, remember.

You were speaking about some people not being too bright when it comes to distinctions?

That's not entirely accurate. Consider the Peterson case and laws against abortion on the 2 and 3rd trimesters. These certainly recognize the child's right to exist, although loopholes do exist.

You were speaking about some people not being too bright when it comes to distinctions?

A corporation has rights under the law. A fetus does not, yet

A fetus has yet to be granted a custodial advocate separate from any parent. The day that happens a fetus will be considered a person.

Life does not equal a person. Life does not equal a person with rights. A fetus' right to exist? I think it is more the right to potential life. A fetus, until it is outside the womb, is not an independent living human being.

as far as I am concerned it is an appendage of the woman.

Last edited:
Did you seriously just roll out JD's 'potential life' bullshit?

Damn, you're fucking stupid.
A fetus, until it is outside the womb, is not an independent living human being.

You fail biology forever.

And as far as I'm concerned, you're a sex toy for me to fuck, since we're redefining things as we please.

I'm pretty sure that people have already been convicted of murder in the deaths of pre-born children before.
yup
several
Scott Peterson is one notable example
not sure is Charles Manson was or not

Not saying people haven't convicted for this, but I think in the Scott Peterson case it was because the baby had been expelled from the mother. I think I remember hearing about that.

A pregnant mother has rights and they extend to life in her womb. It is all about the mother.

In some respects a fetus is life, but so is sperm and eggs. Catholic boys and girls of a certain age know this all too well. Masturbation is sinful.

Whether a fetus is a fully developed human is not open to question. There is science to be taken into account.

Ah, the ever-brilliant liberal argument of "I can't tell a cell from an organism. Duhhh, aren't fetuses the same as sperm?"

Masturbation isn't sinful because sperm are organisms, lintbrain, and masturbation has NOTHING to do with ova. Or did you think women released eggs every time they orgasm, the way men do sperm? :cuckoo:

Please tell us the science that suggests a fetus is not fully a living human.

A fetus has yet to be granted a custodial advocate separate from any parent. The day that happens a fetus will be considered a person.

Life does not equal a person. Life does not equal a person with rights. A fetus' right to exist? I think it is more the right to potential life. A fetus, until it is outside the womb, is not an independent living human being.

I'll take that as a "Yes, I never bothered to attend biology class".

That's not entirely accurate. Consider the Peterson case and laws against abortion on the 2 and 3rd trimesters. These certainly recognize the child's right to exist, although loopholes do exist.Life =/= a life. Distinct organism, remember.

Is a fetus is a fully developed human being? Is a fetus entitled to the same legal rights and constitutional privileges as a one day old infant?

Ah, the ever-brilliant liberal argument of "I can't tell a cell from an organism. Duhhh, aren't fetuses the same as sperm?"

Masturbation isn't sinful because sperm are organisms, lintbrain, and masturbation has NOTHING to do with ova. Or did you think women released eggs every time they orgasm, the way men do sperm? :cuckoo:

A corporation has rights under the law. A fetus does not, yet. A pregnant mother has rights and they extend to life in her womb. It is all about the mother.

I was talking about the nuns and Catholic schools or Sunday school. Sperm is potential life. Eggs are too.

A fetus until it is outside the womb is not a fully developed human being. When a fetus is on a machine, it is not fully developed where it can live on it's own.

Some day people may push to grant rights to fetuses, but we do not grant that today. When the day comes that fetuses are considered the same as a fully developed human being they will all have a 'Guardian ad Litem' appointed by the nanny state the right wing religious want so badly.

What changes between the moment before the baby begins to crown and the moment its last toe leaves the mother's body?

It leaves the womb. When the umbilical cord is cut the fetus is now a human being with legal rights.

Do you advocate legal rights for a fetus in the womb?

Do you argue for a Guardian ad Litem for every fetus whose womb mother drinks or smokes or more?

maybe when babies are grown outside the womb they will get certain rights. I know the arguments sound bizarre but that is because people like you do not follow your own arguments or those of others to their logical conclusions.

Is a fetus is a fully developed human being? Is a fetus entitled to the same legal rights and constitutional privileges as a one day old infant?

Yes, and in my opinion, yes.

You DO realize the first is science, and the second is strictly opinion, right?

Yes, and in my opinion, yes.

You DO realize the first is science, and the second is strictly opinion, right?
If you argue for granting the same legal rights and constitutional privileges to a fetus that a one day old infant has would you also logically argue for a Guardian ad Litem for every fetus whose womb mother drinks or smokes or more?

---

Since a fetus goes through stages of development in the womb, brain stem and all, would you consider a brainless fetus a fully developed human being?

A corporation has rights under the law. A fetus does not, yet. A pregnant mother has rights and they extend to life in her womb. It is all about the mother.

I heard you the first time, and it's as irrelevant to my post now as it was then.

I was talking about the nuns and Catholic schools or Sunday school. Sperm is potential life. Eggs are too.

Also irrelevant. Sperm and ova are individual cells in a larger organism. Fetuses are organisms themselves, a difference you don't seem to be able to comprehend, although you apparently CAN comprehend that you need to dodge the point after foolishly associating them.

Masturbation is not sinful because of "potential life".

A fetus until it is outside the womb is not a fully developed human being. When a fetus is on a machine, it is not fully developed where it can live on it's own.

Oh, okay. Since you said it twice, THAT must make it true. :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, the ability to pigheadedly repeat yourself just isn't very convincing.

I must have missed the place in biology where life was defined as "living without a host". Certainly changes the classification of any number of species previously believed to be living creatures. :eusa_whistle:

Some day people may push to grant rights to fetuses, but we do not grant that today. When the day comes that fetuses are considered the same as a fully developed human being they will all have a 'Guardian ad Litem' appointed by the nanny state the right wing religious want so badly.

I see. So not only is "location" apparently part of the definition of "human being" that mysteriously doesn't appear in any science book, but so is "legal rights granted by other people".

Your logic is not like our Earth logic.

What changes between the moment before the baby begins to crown and the moment its last toe leaves the mother's body?

It leaves the womb. When the umbilical cord is cut the fetus is now a human being with legal rights.

so it's not human before the cord is cut?
I didn't say a baby isn't human. There are partially developed human beings. A baby still attached to the cord or inside the womb is totally dependent on the mother and is not yet accorded the full legal rights of a human being.

you've avoided the questions:

Do you advocate legal rights for a fetus in the womb?

Do you argue for a Guardian ad Litem for every fetus whose womb mother drinks or smokes or more?

Forum List

Back