6 Month Fetus Declared a Human in MA

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Massachusetts woman was charged with manslaughter and aggravated assault and battery today for allegedly assaulting a woman who was six months pregnant, and causing the death of her unborn fetus.

Ayanna Woodhouse, 25, of Wellesley, Massachusetts was arraigned in Suffolk County Superior Court this morning for the alleged April 10 assault. She pleaded not guilty.
"This is a serious charge," Joseph said in a statement. "The penalties are severe."

The maximum sentence for manslaughter in Massachusetts is 20 years in prison.

Massachusetts Woman Charged with Manslaughter After Assault Victim's Unborn Fetus Dies - ABC News

It will be interesting to see if this sets a precedent.

Though the sick coward killed himself when his story came apart, I'd wager Charles Stuart would have had to answer for the death of his son as well as his wife's.

A Massachusetts woman was charged with manslaughter and aggravated assault and battery today for allegedly assaulting a woman who was six months pregnant, and causing the death of her unborn fetus.

Ayanna Woodhouse, 25, of Wellesley, Massachusetts was arraigned in Suffolk County Superior Court this morning for the alleged April 10 assault. She pleaded not guilty.
"This is a serious charge," Joseph said in a statement. "The penalties are severe."

Massachusetts Woman Charged with Manslaughter After Assault Victim's Unborn Fetus Dies - ABC News

We have long treated a woman aborting her own fetus differently than another person aborting a fetus that the expectant mother was planning on taking to term.

So, no, I do not think this case will change the law.

And yes, I do think, just in case you're wondering, that that inconsistency as to the status of the fetus, is a valid application of the law.

The differnce is that one fetus was never going to be a child since the mother was rejecting it.

The other fetus was going to become a child because the mother had embraced it AS a child.

It is all about, in my opinion, the woman's right to choose.

IN the case of pregnant woman, and the objection that GOD disapproves?

Well, that will have to be between the woman and GOD.

If you TRULY believe in God and God's final justice, that really ought to be enough in this particular kind of case.

Last edited:
The differnce is that one fetus was never going to be a child since the mother was rejecting it.

The other fetus was going to become a child because the mother had embraced it AS a child.

So the determining factor in whether or not a pre-born human is, well a human (you use the word child), is whether the mother wants it or not? Oh please.

The unborn are human beings from the get go. Trying to spin them as anything else is simply ridiculous. For those who support abortion, at least have the moxie to call a spade a spade.

I believe the issue here may set a precedent regarding the age of the fetus. I have a feeling if the woman was only 6 weeks pregnant, it would not have been manslaughter. Most people do not agree with late term abortion - whether they are pro-life or pro-choice. I'm not sure what MA laws are on this right now, but I imagine they are quite liberal. This could change that.

What about an already born unwanted child? Is ones humanness based solely on whether one is accepted and valued by other humans? Is that what defines a human being?

Of course not. It should be based on science. The whole abortion thing seems relatively simply to me. It is illegal for one person to kill another innocent person, so at what point does one become a person or human. If we can establish that, than it should stand to reason that killing after they reach that defined point is murder. If science determines that biological status is achieved at some point while in the womb, so be it.

What about an already born unwanted child? Is ones humanness based solely on whether one is accepted and valued by other humans? Is that what defines a human being?

Of course not. It should be based on science. The whole abortion thing seems relatively simply to me. It is illegal for one person to kill another innocent person, so at what point does one become a person or human. If we can establish that, than it should stand to reason that killing after they reach that defined point is murder. If science determines that biological status is achieved at some point while in the womb, so be it.

We've already been there, done that, and ignored it in favor of convenience.

The following are Peter Singer quotes.
“I do think that it is sometimes appropriate to kill a human infant. For me, the relevant question is, what makes it so seriously wrong to take a life?
What price is life? Peter Singer and Obamacare Can I Just Finish My Waffle?

"...And another of Obama's advisors famously frets about the insistence ... Princeton Bioethics Professor Peter Singer recommended this approach ..."
The American Spectator : How Much Is a Year of Your Life Worth?

"...so at what point does one become a person or human."

Perhaps you should ask anyone who has ever bought a condom...they seem to know.

Declaredhuman or declared a legal person?

So the determining factor in whether or not a pre-born human is, well a human (you use the word child), is whether the mother wants it or not? Oh please.

The unborn are human beings from the get go. Trying to spin them as anything else is simply ridiculous. For those who support abortion, at least have the moxie to call a spade a spade.

My cards still have swords...

Maybe it has something to do with viability. If the "Fetus" can survive outside the womb it is considered a "human"....??

Maybe it has something to do with viability. If the "Fetus" can survive outside the womb it is considered a "human"....??

IDk... if I cut off your leg, are you a human? Or only if you happen to be receiving emergency medical care to save your life at the time?

Do you cease to be a human if I hold you under water?

Forum List

Back