57% of U.K. Schools Ban Winning in Sports

They force losing on their children. Let's make sure we don't impair our own...
upload_2017-7-6_16-17-58.png

upload_2017-7-6_16-18-47.png

A great way to ruin a generation. All of our children will tell you finishing second only means you lost.

Participation trophies are stupid, but I question how negative of an effect they really have. There were participation trophies when I was a kid. We knew what they meant. We didn't display them with pride or display them at all. I remember my little league team receiving them once and thinking, "Thanks for pointing out what losers we are."

Participation trophies are stupid, but I question how negative of an effect they really have. There were participation trophies when I was a kid. We knew what they meant. We didn't display them with pride or display them at all. I remember my little league team receiving them once and thinking, "Thanks for pointing out what losers we are."
It's Marxism. Everyone is equal. No sense working hard or thinking for yourself, you're not getting ahead or falling behind anyone.

Tell it to the Marines...they seem to do alright practicing teamwork, you know, we're all in it together...our victories are sweeter, our defeats lessened, becausewe did it as a team. There's a place for "rugged individualism" I agree, but not everwhere and in every walk of life.

Tell it to the Marines...they seem to do alright practicing teamwork, you know, we're all in it together...our victories are sweeter, our defeats lessened, becausewe did it as a team. There's a place for "rugged individualism" I agree, but not everwhere and in every walk of life.
Dufus thinks the Marines hold competitions where no one wins and everyone gets a participation trophy.

Marine Corps Marathon - Results - Marine Corps Marathon

Dufus thinks the Marines hold competitions where no one wins and everyone gets a participation trophy.

Seems penguins can't read English. Let me help you, "There's a place for "rugged individualism" I agree, but not everwhere and in every walk of life."

Seems penguins can't read English. Let me help you, "There's a place for "rugged individualism" I agree, but not everwhere and in every walk of life."
Stick to the OP, the crazy leftists and how they are destroying the next generation. Feed your bullshit to to someone else.

yes, but they were little dinky trophies, the winners got bigger ones.

If that is the case, all is well, if they eliminated the winner trophies, that is an issue.

There will always be someone out there better than you at pretty much anything, might as well learn that early.

yes, but they were little dinky trophies, the winners got bigger ones.

If that is the case, all is well, if they eliminated the winner trophies, that is an issue.

There will always be someone out there better than you at pretty much anything, might as well learn that early.
University students of today are perfect examples of a generation raised on participant trophies and never lost in my life games.

Forum List

Back