550 rapes and 1100 murders per day are prevented by showing a gun

As much as I love my guns, isn't that statistic much like Obama's "saved jobs" figures???

Not really because it comes from a national survey.

The "National Crime Victimization Survey"

And they're documentable, unlike Obama's "saved jobs". For instance, if a burglar breaks into my home, and I grab my gun, run out, point it at him, and he runs back out the door and into the night, I'm obviously going to call the police as my next act and report what happened. There's actually a record somewhere of the incident happening.

In fairness I will say that the survey was from 2000.

In fairness I will say that the survey was from 2000.

And the results in 1977 say the exact same thing, it proves that people don't change in their reactions (why would they change in their reasons, we haven't' evolved mentally). These results and very stable and reliable over time.

Department of Justice Statistics:
You are far more likely to survive
a violent assault if you defend yourself with a gun.

Resisting with a gun 6%
Did nothing at all 25%
Resisted with a knife 40%
Non-violent resistance 45%

U.S. Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities, 1979 60
Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey 61
U.S. Department of Justice 62
U.S. Department of Justice 63
British Home Office – no a pro-gun organization by any mean

From these same studies.

Of the 2,500,000 annual self-defense cases using guns, more than 7.7% are by women
defending themselves against sexual abuse.
Fact:
When a woman was armed with a gun or knife, only 3% of the attempted rapes are
successful, compared to 32% when unarmed.

Fact:
The probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women offering no
resistance than for women resisting with a gun. Men also benefit from using a gun, but the
benefits are smaller: offering no resistance is 1.4 times more likely to result in serious injury than
resisting with a gun.

Fact:
27% of women keep a gun in the house.

Fact:
37.6 million women either own or have rapid access to guns.

Fact:
In 1966 the city of Orlando responded to a wave of sexual assaults by offering firearms
training classes to women. The number of rapes dropped by nearly 90%.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/55878NCJRS.pdf

You must consider the following:
Lets say that you are a wealthy person or politician, and there is some people or persons speaking out against you causing you to become unpopular and thus causing you to lose significant amounts of money, you need to handle this and fast and also shut those fuckers up.
You hire and/or get some rapist released from prison early on one condition, that they severely rape and abuse the person and there family members for talking shit about you.
This wont work because those fuckers are armed, and will just wind up shooting the rapist in there tracks, and keep on talking there shit the next day, thus, YOU FUCKED.

We cant have this sort of thing when the sheeple are in control of all things, it just doesn't work.

So, your problem is that the person or their family who were supposed to be attacked were able to fend off the attacker??

You think it's more reasonable that those violent criminals succeed in their quest to rape or murder people unchallenged?

Okay, then.

I didn't say that, he is full of crap and putting words in my mouth .............. nonsense, lies ............... nothing but lies.

Last edited:
And they're documentable, unlike Obama's "saved jobs". For instance, if a burglar breaks into my home, and I grab my gun, run out, point it at him, and he runs back out the door and into the night, I'm obviously going to call the police as my next act and report what happened. There's actually a record somewhere of the incident happening.

How dxo you know he was more scared of your face then your gun?

Hmmmm....so a "Natioal Survey" says 550 rapes and 1100 murders per day are prevented by showing a gun.

Yet another National Survey says that an overwhelming number of Americans (and NRA members) support stricter gun control.

A sizable 89 percent of all respondents, and 75 percent of those identified as NRA members, support universal background checks for gun sales. Similar surveys by Pew Research Center and Gallup have also found background checks to be by far the most popular gun control proposal in the aftermath the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

About 70 percent of respondents supported bans on military-style semiautomatic weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines, slightly less than the more than 80 percent who backed measures restricting those who could buy guns, such as people with histories of domestic violence or serious juvenile crimes.

In addition to favoring universal background checks, the majority of NRA members surveyed supported prohibiting people with recent alcohol or drug charges to purchase guns, and 70 percent supported a mandatory minimum of 2 years in prison for selling guns to persons who are not legally allowed to have one.

Strong Majority of Americans, NRA Members Back Gun Control - US News and World Report

As much as I love my guns, isn't that statistic much like Obama's "saved jobs" figures???

I went to that survey and checked for those stats.

I see nothing reporting on crimes that did not happen.

Can you point us to the part of the this report documenting these happy stats?

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 - Statistical Tables

I went to that survey and checked for those stats.

I see nothing reporting on crimes that did not happen.

Can you point us to the part of the this report documenting these happy stats?

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 - Statistical Tables

LMAO. A gun nutter with real "facts". LMAO twice. Better just to make shit up. But how they expect to get accurate figures from unreported attempted crimes is a mystery to me.
Better and easier to just make shit up.

Like this little tidbit of info. I own guns and fortunatley for the past 365 days I have not had to shoot anyone for commiting a crime against me, therefore it stands to reason that the reason I didn't have to shoot anyone is because I own guns.

See how that works? And you could add my stats to all the other stats proving once again that owning a gun keeps you safe. Especially when no one is trying to harm you.
GUNS RULE.

Firearm Security for Women Women of Caliber

This is according to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics.

That is per day.

That would be about 200,750 rapes, 401,500 murders, and about 19 million other violent crimes being prevented per year by a victim just showing his gun.

Statistics Provided By:

bachmann-crazy-eyes.jpg

Firearm Security for Women Women of Caliber

This is according to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics.

That is per day.

That would be about 200,750 rapes, 401,500 murders, and about 19 million other violent crimes being prevented per year by a victim just showing his gun.

That would also mean that you know dozens of people who've done this...

The gun nuts pull out these statistics, but here. the reality.

In 2010, the last year the FBI has statistics for- only 201 gun fatalities were ruled "justifiable" in that the person with the gun was defending himself.

Forum List

Back