550 rapes and 1100 murders per day are prevented by showing a gun

Sometimes nonsense is so obvious you don't need to read further. I have never heard of a single woman defending herself against rape with a gun. Never. I have served on several criminal trials too, one involved rape, and know many lawyers. This is a nonsense site and a nonsense statistic, you have to be naive on an entirely new level to even consider it honest and valid.

But imagine if this were true? America would be one of the most uncivilized nations on earth. So if you believe it to be true ask yourself why? Are Americans all rapists? Maybe American wives should sleep with a 38? See bold.

"One of the most startling aspects of sex crimes is how many go unreported. The most common reasons given by women for not reporting these crimes are the belief that it is a private or personal matter and the fear of reprisal from the assailant.

Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

An overwhelming majority of rape service agencies believe that public education about rape, and expanded counseling and advocacy services for rape victims, would be effective in increasing the willingness of victims to report rapes to the police. (Rape in America, 1992, National Victim Center with Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center.)"
Statistica

Sometimes nonsense is so obvious you don't need to read further. I have never heard of a single woman defending herself against rape with a gun. Never. I have served on several criminal trials too, one involved rape, and know many lawyers. This is a nonsense site and a nonsense statistic, you have to be naive on an entirely new level to even consider it honest and valid.

But imagine if this were true? America would be one of the most uncivilized nations on earth. So if you believe it to be true ask yourself why? Are Americans all rapists? Maybe American wives should sleep with a 38? See bold.

"One of the most startling aspects of sex crimes is how many go unreported. The most common reasons given by women for not reporting these crimes are the belief that it is a private or personal matter and the fear of reprisal from the assailant.

Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

An overwhelming majority of rape service agencies believe that public education about rape, and expanded counseling and advocacy services for rape victims, would be effective in increasing the willingness of victims to report rapes to the police. (Rape in America, 1992, National Victim Center with Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center.)"
Statistica
Point 1. Back in 1972, I prevented the rape of my then wife with a shotgun. Also, in 1994, I prevented at minimum, an armed robbery with a hand gun. My would be assailant was armed with a knife. Neither incident was reported.

Point 2. Have you read any news out of Chicago lately? Sounds rather uncivilized to me.

Not really because it comes from a national survey.

The "National Crime Victimization Survey"

I went to that survey and checked for those stats.

I see nothing reporting on crimes that did not happen.

Can you point us to the part of the this report documenting these happy stats?

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 - Statistical Tables

LMAO. A gun nutter with real "facts". LMAO twice. Better just to make shit up. But how they expect to get accurate figures from unreported attempted crimes is a mystery to me.
Better and easier to just make shit up.

Like this little tidbit of info. I own guns and fortunatley for the past 365 days I have not had to shoot anyone for commiting a crime against me, therefore it stands to reason that the reason I didn't have to shoot anyone is because I own guns.

See how that works? And you could add my stats to all the other stats proving once again that owning a gun keeps you safe. Especially when no one is trying to harm you.
GUNS RULE.

I understand your skepticism, but it does pay to ASK, don't you think?

If the stats exist, I'd like to see them.

If they do not exist, then we'll see that no response leading us to those stats will be forthcoming and we can know that the original poster is either a ten O'Clock scholar or a liar.

And they're documentable, unlike Obama's "saved jobs". For instance, if a burglar breaks into my home, and I grab my gun, run out, point it at him, and he runs back out the door and into the night, I'm obviously going to call the police as my next act and report what happened. There's actually a record somewhere of the incident happening.

Sure, except the records don't show anywhere near those numbers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/opinion/frum-guns-safer

Last edited:
Point 1. Back in 1972, I prevented the rape of my then wife with a shotgun. Also, in 1994, I prevented at minimum, an armed robbery with a hand gun. My would be assailant was armed with a knife. Neither incident was reported.

Point 2. Have you read any news out of Chicago lately? Sounds rather uncivilized to me.

Just the other night there was a man beating up his girlfriend on the corner right in front of my house, I fired that shotgun (safely) into the air towards the woods. He stopped immediately, and I took the girl home, she didn't want to call the police.

Anyway, I'm sure you're going to counter this by saying:

LOL, you should have let the police help her noob, while her "troubled" and "disturbed" boyfriend beat her within an inch of your life. Shame on you for showing some masculinity and thwarting that "unfortunate" and "misguided" male; how dare you exercise male traits in front of that female and impress such patriarchal manifestations upon her. You're worse than her boyfriend ever was! And you gave her a ride home? How dare you infringe upon her right to drive herself you male-chauvinist-pig. Should have given her you car and made her call the police and surrendered your shotgun to them."

Last edited:

Statistica

Just because you've never heard of a woman defending herself with a gun does not mean they haven't. For instance, I know two such females.

Just the other night there was a man beating up his girlfriend on the corner right in front of my house, I fired that shotgun (safely) into the air towards the woods. He stopped immediately, and I took the girl home, she didn't want to call the police.

LOL, you should have let the police help her noob, while her "troubled" and "disturbed" boyfriend beat her within an inch of your life. Shame on you for showing some masculinity and thwarting that "unfortunate" and "misguided" male; how dare you exercise male traits in front of that female and impress such patriarchal manifestations upon her. You're worse than her boyfriend ever was! And you gave her a ride home? How dare you infringe upon her right to drive herself you male-chauvinist-pig. Should have given her you car and made her call the police and surrendered your shotgun to them."

Hell no fella! I would only counter by saying, never fire a warning shot. Had it happened here, he'd have been buried before daylight.

How do you know that you have exposed lies about statistics?

They start labeling you a 'nutter'.

You buy those numbers?

Are you saying the United States Department of Justice published false studies?

No. I am saying that the OP has some fucked up numbers. I am saying that if you buy the numbers in the OP, you are a fucking imbecile.

Well, it's all about the perception of the individual would be victim. In the 2 cases I mentioned earlier, I'm fairly certain that had I not made it home in time to confront my wife's would be rapist, my wife would have been a victim of rape minimum. Seeing her would be attacker was known to her, there would then have been an incentive to eliminate witnesses.

I know for sure a 4'11" 98 pound woman who was 4 months pregnant would not have been able to fight off a 6'2", 240 pound man.
In the case of my attempted armed robbery, the perp was an obvious crack head interested in my money. Who knows what he would have done to get it? All I know is that he lost interest once he saw the nickel plated S&W 629.

3 young men with their pants half way down their asses approaching me on a dark street may not be a danger. They COULD be about to ask me directions to the nearest synagogue. If I show a firearm and they get clear of me, did I just prevent a violent crime against my person? My perception is, "You bet your ass I did."

Never fire a warning shot. I thought everyone knew that.

Never fire a warning shot. I thought everyone knew that.

everyone except vice prezbo biden

who recommends such practice

--LOL

Every nutter knows someone who saved themselves with a gun. It is required if you want to be a nutter.

Yea, everyone who disagrees with you is a 'nutter'. Says more about you than anyone else. ****

Who says everyone who disagrees with me is a nutter?

You don't find it odd that so many of your fellow USMB "conservatives" have personal experience foiling a crime with a firearm? You don't think some of them, at least, are bullshitting?

Forum List

Back