550 rapes and 1100 murders per day are prevented by showing a gun

Hell no fella! I would only counter by saying, never fire a warning shot. Had it happened here, he'd have been buried before daylight.

The spray of my shotgun would have hit the woman beside him. I would have had to get much closer.

The warning shot from 40 yards away made him stop beating her immediately, who knows how many more times he would have smashed her by the time I got close enough, who know what would have happened had I been closer, maybe he would have thought it was unloaded or I was bluffing and proceed to attack either her or me.

The Law can go fuck itself about warning shots, I don't care what it says. I'd rather tell the Jury about Jury Nullification to acquit me and be arrested for contempt of Court (which they will NOT prosecute) than not take the warning shot. Especially since I fired the warning shot of the woods (as originally stated).

Last edited:
Just the other night there was a man beating up his girlfriend on the corner right in front of my house, I fired that shotgun (safely) into the air towards the woods. He stopped immediately, and I took the girl home, she didn't want to call the police.

Anyway, I'm sure you're going to counter this by saying:

LOL, you should have let the police help her noob, while her "troubled" and "disturbed" boyfriend beat her within an inch of your life. Shame on you for showing some masculinity and thwarting that "unfortunate" and "misguided" male; how dare you exercise male traits in front of that female and impress such patriarchal manifestations upon her. You're worse than her boyfriend ever was! And you gave her a ride home? How dare you infringe upon her right to drive herself you male-chauvinist-pig. Should have given her you car and made her call the police and surrendered your shotgun to them."

Never fire a warning shot. I thought everyone knew that.

everyone except vice prezbo biden

who recommends such practice

--LOL

Yeah. He recommends firing two rounds from a double barrel shotgun, leaving you essentially unarmed.

And no Lib know any such person because they automatically cross gun owners off their list of acquaintances.

I own a gun. You fail.

A gun? Whoopee! Ever fire it? Is it redily accessible to you? Is it loaded?

Are you trying to move the goalposts? I think you are. I will play.

I have fired it. It is concealed but within reach from my bed. It is loaded.

My son is a police officer and he's got more than one. Do you think I crossed him off of my list of acquaintances?

You failed here, chief. Eat shit.

I own a gun. You fail.

My son is a police officer and he's got more than one. Do you think I crossed him off of my list of acquaintances?

OK your son's a cop. Does HE know anyone who's used a gun in self defense?

What difference does that make? I think most of you fuckers are full of shit with your tales of heroism. Nothing you have said has me thinking otherwise.

Liberals respect the second Amendment and the right of an individual to defend his family and property. We do't need to make up stories to sell anyone on those ideals.

What difference does that make? I think most of you fuckers are full of shit with your tales of heroism. Nothing you have said has me thinking otherwise.

Liberals respect the second Amendment and the right of an individual to defend his family and property. We do't need to make up stories to sell anyone on those ideals.

what difference? http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...prevented-by-showing-a-gun-2.html#post7002817. You seem to be claiming only "nutters" know people who have defended themselves with a gun.

As far as "We [sic] do't need to make up stories to sell anyone on those ideals."

You are free to doubt me, I suppose, even though for the purpose of this discussion, I accept that your son is a law enforcement officer.
I realize that is risky on my part, you being a Lib and all.

Firearm Security for Women Women of Caliber

This is according to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics.

That is per day.

That would be about 200,750 rapes, 401,500 murders, and about 19 million other violent crimes being prevented per year by a victim just showing his gun.

Should cause any nut to pause for a moment that is attacking the right to protect yourself.

what difference? http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...prevented-by-showing-a-gun-2.html#post7002817. You seem to be claiming only "nutters" know people who have defended themselves with a gun.

As far as "We [sic] do't need to make up stories to sell anyone on those ideals."

You are free to doubt me, I suppose, even though for the purpose of this discussion, I accept that your son is a law enforcement officer.

Those numbers are not true.

And, as far as doubting my word....know this. I have not lied a single time on this forum. It is pointless. I despise it in others.

Firearm Security for Women Women of Caliber

This is according to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics.

That is per day.

That would be about 200,750 rapes, 401,500 murders, and about 19 million other violent crimes being prevented per year by a victim just showing his gun.

How many are prevented by showing an assault rifle with a 30 round clip?

Jeez you fucks are imbeciles. Everything is black and white to you idiots. Its either USSR style gun control or we can have whatever weapon we please.

And, as far as doubting my word....know this. I have not lied a single time on this forum. It is pointless. I despise it in others.

That underlined text was a link. I can't substantiate the numbers either, but since I have prevented 2 violent crimes with weapons, I would say they are not terribly far off the mark.

OK so you expect me to take you at your word. Why should I not expect the same from you?

That underlined text was a link. I can't substantiate the numbers either, but since I have prevented 2 violent crimes with weapons, I would say they are not terribly far off the mark.

OK so you expect me to take you at your word. Why should I not expect the same from you?

Look. If you are prepared to believe that over 400,000 murders are prevented each year in the US by an innocent person showing his gun, you are too gullible for a reasonable person to deal with. My bullshit detector went wild on that one. I don't even need to check it out. It is a ridiculous claim on its face.

I will, however, offer you an apology. I have no reason to believe that you, in particular, did not have occasion to prevent two violent crimes with your gun. It is possible. But I am not prepared to believe that so many USMB conservatives have had similar experiences. It is just too convenient.

In any case, all of you are trying to impress people who own guns and do not want yours. It is all very stupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back