52% of couples do not have sex on their wedding night

My brother always suspected that I was incompatible with my ex.
He once asked "geez do you two ever have sex"?

"We've got 3 kids... do the math".

My MIL was a real bitch to her other son's wife. She used to go around saying that the DIL wouldn't have sex with him. She did it in earshot of the DIL once who shot back, well I got him warmed up a couple of times. They had two children at the time.

There's no particular reason for over half of couples to have sex on their wedding night. It's not a night of particular importance. It's not like the groom is taking his bride's virginity. Over half of couples have been living together for awhile anyway. They either go home, to the home and bed they have already been sharing, or they go on a honeymoon, which is just another vacation like the vacations they have taken in the past.

The poll was from England.

The fact that drunkenness was the reason was an immediate tip off.

The incidence of sobriety in the UK is a fraction of what it is in the USA.....

The incidence of cohabitation without marriage is just as high as here, if not higher. Wedding nights just aren't important. There's no compelling reason for couples to have sex on their wedding night. Once they go home and get in their jammies, it's just another night like all the other nights. They just had a big party, they drank too much, so what, it's not any different than all the other parties they went to. How many of these couples who just got married already have a couple of children? The wedding night is supposed to be important? Really! Seriously! They are more likely to argue over who will feed the baby.

Some of them may actually be on a plane, train, or automobile headed for the honeymoon.

I would suspect the numbers in the US would not be much different

ROFL

You're never been to the UK...

I think the city limits in Birmingham have a sign with something like "Welcome to Birmingham, population soused.."

Weddings have become too big a production. By the time the couple finally gets to bed, sex is no big incentive

Drunken grooms is a a uniquely UK thing - well, maybe not unique - but way more prevalent...

A wedding IS a big production. My daughter planned hers for 2 years. They had a big tent reception with a full sit down dinner. Her FIL built a dance floor (which he later dismantled and used the wood to build his house's lower deck), they had a band, and danced and partied until early morning. I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. and the party was in full swing. I am sure they didn't have sex that night because they didn't go to bed that night, they were up all night dancing and partying.

A wedding IS a big production. My daughter planned hers for 2 years. They had a big tent reception with a full sit down dinner. Her FIL built a dance floor (which he later dismantled and used the wood to build his house's lower deck), they had a band, and danced and partied until early morning. I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. and the party was in full swing. I am sure they didn't have sex that night because they didn't go to bed that night, they were up all night dancing and partying.

Sounds like a fun wedding

So many these days are the white gloves and fine crystal that puts you in debt

Must be nice, when I got married I had just got back from my first deployment to Saudi Arabia, we just went to the court house and paid $20 and sealed the deal. I was only 19 and so niaeve about life.

How do people afford all this? :dunno:

I don't know.

Not many young couples have jobs that pay well enough to put on such a show wedding. But they insist that their parents do. And you know parents can't say no

I don't know.

Not many young couples have jobs that pay well enough to put on such a show wedding. But they insist that their parents do. And you know parents can't say no

Must be nice, if I had asked my parents for a lavish spread like this they would have laughed in my face.

More than half of couples DON'T have sex on their wedding night - mostly because the groom is too drunk | Mail Online

It is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives, but for most couples it does not have the perfect ending.
For the majority fail to consummate their marriage on their wedding night, a survey shows. And the most frequent reason is that the groom was too drunk to make love.
The bride falling asleep and arguments during the reception were also blamed for couples not having sex on their first night as man and wife

More than half – 52 per cent – admitted to not making love on their wedding night and 17 per cent waited for more than three days after the ceremony.

Of those who did not consummate their marriage on their wedding night, 24 per cent said it was because the groom was too drunk.

For 16 per cent it was because the bride was too tired and fell asleep and for 13 per cent it was because the bride was too drunk.

In 4 per cent of cases it was the groom who fell asleep.
Eleven per cent said it was because they had their children to look after, and 9 per cent admitted that they had had an argument before the wedding reception ended.

In another 9 per cent of cases, the couples spent their wedding night travelling to their honeymoon destination, while 7 per cent stayed up all night partying with guests

drunk, exhausted etc......

I don't know.

Must be nice, if I had asked my parents for a lavish spread like this they would have laughed in my face.

My daughter paid for her own wedding. She was 30 and both she and groom working. I had helped both of my children through life and college. I was really glad she didn't ask. Because she was paying her own bills she shopped wisely for the things she had. She didn't go out and buy a $10,000 wedding gown. (Say Yes to the Dress.) She bought a $200 one that the alteration woman ruined. I told her to just by another because she had not been exorbitant about it to start with and I would pay for it. She bought another one, but didn't ask me to pay.

Kids who go to college knowing how to do their own laundry and kids who pay their own bills are a greater joy than most anything I can think of.

More than half of couples DON'T have sex on their wedding night - mostly because the groom is too drunk | Mail Online

It is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives, but for most couples it does not have the perfect ending.
For the majority fail to consummate their marriage on their wedding night, a survey shows. And the most frequent reason is that the groom was too drunk to make love.
The bride falling asleep and arguments during the reception were also blamed for couples not having sex on their first night as man and wife

More than half – 52 per cent – admitted to not making love on their wedding night and 17 per cent waited for more than three days after the ceremony.

Of those who did not consummate their marriage on their wedding night, 24 per cent said it was because the groom was too drunk.

For 16 per cent it was because the bride was too tired and fell asleep and for 13 per cent it was because the bride was too drunk.

In 4 per cent of cases it was the groom who fell asleep.
Eleven per cent said it was because they had their children to look after, and 9 per cent admitted that they had had an argument before the wedding reception ended.

In another 9 per cent of cases, the couples spent their wedding night travelling to their honeymoon destination, while 7 per cent stayed up all night partying with guests

I read about this the other day. I would have thought the first thing they'd want to do is rip each others clothes off, lol.

If I get married, my groom won't be drinking. He'd have to be sober, like me.

I would think the fact that the deed has already been done prior to the wedding has alot to do with it as well.

95% of couples have had sex before their wedding night

Premarital Sex: Almost Everyone's Doing It - CBS News

OMG 95% of couples are destined straight for hell!

Forum List

Back