5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

No, the stupid thing is that the cops get in trouble no matter how they handle a situation.
Well, since his only "crime" was resisting arrest I think death was too big of a punishment.

I doubt the police officers knew that one shot of taser would kill the kid, so I doubt they sought to punish him verses trying to subdue him. This is tragic all the way around, as I am sure the officers aren't feeling real good about the kid dying, considering they are trained to taser people who resist arrest. As far as this kid being 110 lbs. Many people on a adrenialin (sp) rush become superman. Not to metion, people bite, kick and scratch. And with all the blood born pathegens out there, I wouldn't be so quick to subdue someone if I was trained that taser would work.

I wonder if there's too much reliance on non hand to hand these days with cops and my wonder spreads across the world, not just the US. I keep reading reports of some fairly quick use of oc spray (and tazer where it's issued) instead of hand to hand grappling. Okay I could be a dinosaur but for me it's time to use a baton or spray or a tazer when you've failed to subdue the person with hand to hand force. I've had enough fights in my time to know that you're knackered in about three to four minutes of a really intense physical struggle unless you're extremely fit and strong so I can see where baton/spray/tazer might be deployed reasonably but I don't see any of those as being a first resort. One of the problems with batons/spray/tazer is that once deployed (well not so much with a baton) you have no control over the effect. If you go hand to hand you can judge how much force you put into a blow or a hold or a twist or a grapple of some sort and you can turn it on or off as you need to, feedback from the person you're struggling with is very important so that you can stay within reasonable force requirements. But once you let go spray or tazer then you've deployed a force which you no longer have control over and you can't adjust the reaction on the subject.

They were getting in trouble for "bruising" the suspects before tasers.

No, the stupid thing is that the cops get in trouble no matter how they handle a situation.
Well, since his only "crime" was resisting arrest I think death was too big of a punishment.

Anything can kill you ... and I mean ANYTHING. What if they had just wrangled him up, then he hit his head and died from that? Or perhaps being so skinny a rib got snapped and punctured a lung? He could have over exerted himself resisting and had a heart attack anyway ... so many ways he could have died. The cops do their best, tasers have shown to be the "least dangerous" method, you can't hold them responsible for doing their damned job. 9 out of 10 times people resist arrest it's usually because they have something to hide, often a weapon that would kill a lot more innocent people. People hear "cops kills ..." and immediately ignore all other possibilities and find reasons to hang the cops. Here's a bit of fact for you, their job is to uphold the laws we all chose to have them enforce, you can't hang everyone who does their job and expect the cops to continue to do their damned job. If you like Anarchy, fine, but it's not a pretty alternative. I've seen what happens when cops are more worried about getting sued for something stupid like this, and it's not fun.
Of course you can. The rest of your post is just mindless babble that has nothing to do with anything.

Laws that don't protect the innocent aren't good laws.

I wonder if there's too much reliance on non hand to hand these days with cops and my wonder spreads across the world, not just the US. I keep reading reports of some fairly quick use of oc spray (and tazer where it's issued) instead of hand to hand grappling. Okay I could be a dinosaur but for me it's time to use a baton or spray or a tazer when you've failed to subdue the person with hand to hand force. I've had enough fights in my time to know that you're knackered in about three to four minutes of a really intense physical struggle unless you're extremely fit and strong so I can see where baton/spray/tazer might be deployed reasonably but I don't see any of those as being a first resort. One of the problems with batons/spray/tazer is that once deployed (well not so much with a baton) you have no control over the effect. If you go hand to hand you can judge how much force you put into a blow or a hold or a twist or a grapple of some sort and you can turn it on or off as you need to, feedback from the person you're struggling with is very important so that you can stay within reasonable force requirements. But once you let go spray or tazer then you've deployed a force which you no longer have control over and you can't adjust the reaction on the subject.

If it was reasonable they would be okay. I broke a bloke's nose in a fight once, it was ruled reasonable as the prick was trying to rip my head off at the time :lol:

Police handle this crap all day, everyday, all over the country. They handle situation after situation properly. When they do so, there are no problems, which is almost always.

Yes. Usually the tasered suspect doesn't die.

The facts are often ignored to demonize the police. Hell, I've been electrocuted several times from wall sockets and I still live, and my weight proportions are about the same. The cops had no idea it would kill the kid, the kid simply should not have resisted, period.

You have never been electrocuted.

If the cops had "no idea" it would kill the kid, they should not have a taser. Proper training for taser use includes the possibility of death from it's use.

Police handle this crap all day, everyday, all over the country. They handle situation after situation properly. When they do so, there are no problems, which is almost always.

The facts are often ignored to demonize the police. Hell, I've been electrocuted several times from wall sockets and I still live, and my weight proportions are about the same. The cops had no idea it would kill the kid, the kid simply should not have resisted, period.
Now we know why you're so fucking ditzy. :rofl:

Tasers can kill??? News to me folks. I had no idea. Seriously.

Sorry, my son is just about 16 is about 5'2" and weighs right around the 110 mark. A big kid he is not. If a short, middle-aged mom in good shape can handle this kid, two cops - regardless of gender or height - certainly should have been able to handle this kid. No excuses.

Aren't cops trained to assess situations? If he was learning disabled - and that can mean many things - this may very well have been apparent by his response to the cop's questions. If my son were confronted by anyone, they would know within 5 seconds after he answered a question that he was special needs. Not saying the same is true for this kid but . . . . it may be.

If it was reasonable they would be okay. I broke a bloke's nose in a fight once, it was ruled reasonable as the prick was trying to rip my head off at the time :lol:

But people never place themselves in the cops shoes, instead it's always "those pigs ...". They never stop to think how they would have reacted in the situation and what would have happened. People just don't care, they have to blame everyone but the poor criminals.

Does it matter?

It speaks to the reasonableness of your claim.

Sorry man, if you can't handle a kid that comes in at 110, you aren't qualified for the job. Don't care what sex you are or what you weigh.

I'd say they handled him alright. And then some. :cool:

But seriously, I was once that size and I guarantee you they would've needed a taser to take me down if I resisted. Are you suggesting that proper deployment of a taser should depend on an estimate of the suspect's weight? Really? So what weight should a suspect be before the cop puts away his billy club and pulls out the taser?

It speaks to the reasonableness of your claim.

Sorry man, if you can't handle a kid that comes in at 110, you aren't qualified for the job. Don't care what sex you are or what you weigh.

Have you ever tried to start an IV on a two year old.. He will kick yours and 3 others asses all over the place! :lol::lol::lol::lol: DUMMIE

A two year old? Kick my ass? And you're seriously entering this discussion with that?

KK, he was learning disabled. He very well may not have realized what the cops wanted and/or was scared shitless.

Sorry, my son is just about 16 is about 5'2" and weighs right around the 110 mark. A big kid he is not. If a short, middle-aged mom in good shape can handle this kid, two cops - regardless of gender or height - certainly should have been able to handle this kid. No excuses.

Aren't cops trained to assess situations? If he was learning disabled - and that can mean many things - this may very well have been apparent by his response to the cop's questions. If my son were confronted by anyone, they would know within 5 seconds after he answered a question that he was special needs. Not saying the same is true for this kid but . . . . it may be.

People on drugs sound just like the learning disabled ... too close to call in most situations and with all the cops killed by junkies because they didn't think they were, meh, tasers are the least harmful. Only those with heart problems are at risk of dying from them, and you can't expect a cop to ask for medical history in the field.

Have you ever tried to start an IV on a two year old.. He will kick yours and 3 others asses all over the place! :lol::lol::lol::lol: DUMMIE

A two year old? Kick my ass? And you're seriously entering this discussion with that?

go ahead,, do it.. I dare ya! you'll come outta there popping sweat everywhere..

Good lord.

I'm 5 foot 8 140lbs and I guarantee I coulda gotten this kid in the back of a cruiser with one frickin arm.

I agree, the use of tasers is outta hand.

I was threatened with a taser not 6 months ago after a fight broke out at a local bar which one of my friends was involved in. The cops arrived in force, as always happens in my town, to break it up...and good lord, I was standing too close to the two guys fighting. I guess thats a special case, cops here are extra special Douchebags.

People on drugs sound just like the learning disabled ... too close to call in most situations and with all the cops killed by junkies because they didn't think they were, meh, tasers are the least harmful. Only those with heart problems are at risk of dying from them, and you can't expect a cop to ask for medical history in the field.
How many cops are killed by unarmed junkies resisting arrest?

Good lord.

I'm 5 foot 8 140lbs and I guarantee I coulda gotten this kid in the back of a cruiser with one frickin arm.

I agree, the use of tasers is outta hand.

I was threatened with a taser not 6 months ago after a fight broke out at a local bar which one of my friends was involved in. The cops arrived in force, as always happens in my town, to break it up...and good lord, I was standing too close to the two guys fighting. I guess thats a special case, cops here are extra special Douchebags.

Go through training and become a cop for a year ... THEN come back and say that.

Forum List

Back