5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

I think that we should do away with tasers. They are too dangerous.

Instead, I think that cops should be given devices that would be attached to their wrist that shoots out a spider web, like Spiderman.

spiderman.gif

The situational perspectives chasing suspects who scuffle and resist arrest in vacant houses in Detroit are perhaps different than elsewhere.

They were getting in trouble for "bruising" the suspects before tasers.

If it was reasonable they would be okay. I broke a bloke's nose in a fight once, it was ruled reasonable as the prick was trying to rip my head off at the time :lol:

But people never place themselves in the cops shoes, instead it's always "those pigs ...". They never stop to think how they would have reacted in the situation and what would have happened. People just don't care, they have to blame everyone but the poor criminals.

Sure as hell don't place myself in a cops shoes. But guess what? If you do place yourself in a cops shoes, and his uniform, you have bitten off some responsibilty. You have put yourself into a particular situation. If you can't do the job, you are fired. Kill someone while doing your job and you've got trouble. It isn't unlike any dangerous job. They are not above the law. If you actually had been electrocuted, there is an electrician somewhere that will probably be taken to task.

No one ever puts themselves in the poor electricians shoes.

It is a lot easier, quicker and safer for the police to taser, usually.As per, something goes wrongand the police are murderers.You fucking people.

Tasers can kill??? News to me folks. I had no idea. Seriously.

Sorry, my son is just about 16 is about 5'2" and weighs right around the 110 mark. A big kid he is not. If a short, middle-aged mom in good shape can handle this kid, two cops - regardless of gender or height - certainly should have been able to handle this kid. No excuses.

Aren't cops trained to assess situations? If he was learning disabled - and that can mean many things - this may very well have been apparent by his response to the cop's questions. If my son were confronted by anyone, they would know within 5 seconds after he answered a question that he was special needs. Not saying the same is true for this kid but . . . . it may be.

People on drugs sound just like the learning disabled ... too close to call in most situations and with all the cops killed by junkies because they didn't think they were, meh, tasers are the least harmful. Only those with heart problems are at risk of dying from them, and you can't expect a cop to ask for medical history in the field.
How many cops are killed by unarmed junkies resisting arrest?

nobody cares when cops die!

People on drugs sound just like the learning disabled ... too close to call in most situations and with all the cops killed by junkies because they didn't think they were, meh, tasers are the least harmful. Only those with heart problems are at risk of dying from them, and you can't expect a cop to ask for medical history in the field.

Their families do. I would suggest the next time someone enters your house and puts a gun to your head, not to call 911 for help. Figure it out on your own. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

If it was reasonable they would be okay. I broke a bloke's nose in a fight once, it was ruled reasonable as the prick was trying to rip my head off at the time :lol:

But people never place themselves in the cops shoes, instead it's always "those pigs ...". They never stop to think how they would have reacted in the situation and what would have happened. People just don't care, they have to blame everyone but the poor criminals.

Sure as hell don't place myself in a cops shoes. But guess what? If you do place yourself in a cops shoes, and his uniform, you have bitten off some responsibilty. You have put yourself into a particular situation. If you can't do the job, you are fired. Kill someone while doing your job and you've got trouble. It isn't unlike any dangerous job. They are not above the law. If you actually had been electrocuted, there is an electrician somewhere that will probably be taken to task.

You really are a moron. I can't argue with morons because your minds are not big enough to grasp more than a few talking points. As I said, become a cop for a year then come back and try again, otherwise you have no idea what they go through.

Their families do. I would suggest the next time someone enters your house and puts a gun to your head, not to call 911 for help. Figure it out on your own. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

look jackazz,, I said that with sarcasm.. you don't hear a hue and cry from the left when a cop dies.. hell, the last time a cop died they marched down the street cheering.

Good lord.

I'm 5 foot 8 140lbs and I guarantee I coulda gotten this kid in the back of a cruiser with one frickin arm.

I agree, the use of tasers is outta hand.

I was threatened with a taser not 6 months ago after a fight broke out at a local bar which one of my friends was involved in. The cops arrived in force, as always happens in my town, to break it up...and good lord, I was standing too close to the two guys fighting. I guess thats a special case, cops here are extra special Douchebags.

Go through training and become a cop for a year ... THEN come back and say that.

And say what? That the use of tasers is outta hand?

You really are a moron. I can't argue with morons because your minds are not big enough to grasp more than a few talking points. As I said, become a cop for a year then come back and try again, otherwise you have no idea what they go through.

Says the electrocuted one. Don't you have a grave to be in somewhere?

Become vaguely familiar with electric shock and then come back and try again.

What knee-jerk donkeys like sweet willy don't understand is that incidents like this raise questions about the use of tasers in general rather than the judgement exercised by the officers involved. There is nothing in the article that suggests these officers didn't follow their training to the letter.

look jackazz,, I said that with sarcasm.. you don't hear a hue and cry from the left when a cop dies.. hell, the last time a cop died they marched down the street cheering.

That is bull. Yes the public is angry at Police Brutality, and it is out there, whether we want to admit it or not. But the majority of cops are not like that, so when one dies it is a sad, sad situation. What is with the name calling? Too handicapped to get your point accross with out it? :confused:

HORSESHIT

I remember in 2001 when visiting Tucson, and a cop was killed. You didnt hear about anything else for months.

And then in a more personal story...my grandfather was a lawyer (and city attorney here). In the 60's a cop was killed, and everyone thought they had the guy, and sure enough...my grandfather defended him. The jury found him innocent.

After my grandpa and grandma died, we found a stash of letters in his closet. Know what they were? Physical threats, some were death threats....all for his defense of this "cop killer".

But I see that you enjoy your baseless assumptions, so by all means, continue.

Forum List

Back