50 specific screwups regarding Trump by the MSM because of their BIAS!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Sheryl Attkisson a substitute anchor for the CBS Evening News after 21 years with the network resigned in 3/10/14 wrote the following truly definitive and KNOWLEDGEABLE example of the MSM continuing messing up of the truth!
Read her 50 top MSM screw ups in their totally biased "reporting" specifically about President Trump.

Here is one I think is so exemplary of how hasty to put out negative news about Trump:
The New York Times and other media widely suggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years.
Later, tax return pages leaked to MSNBC ultimately showed that Trump actually paid a higher rate than Democrats Bernie Sanders and President Obama.

Another example:
CNN claimed Nancy Sinatra was “not happy” at her father’s song being used at Trump’s inauguration. Sinatra responded, “That’s not true. I never said that. Why do you lie, CNN?…Actually I’m wishing him the best.”

Or this one:
Zeke Miller of TIME reported that President Trump had removed the bust statue of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office. The news went viral. It was false.

The New York Times’ Michael S. Schmidt, Mark Mazzetti and Matt Apuzzo reported about supposed contacts between Trump campaign staff and “senior Russian intelligence officials.” Comey later testified “In the main, [the article] was not true.”

CNN’s Gloria Borger, Eric Lichtblau, Jake Tapper and Brian Rokus; and ABC’s Justin Fishel and Jonathan Karl reported that Comey was going to refute Donald Trump’s claim that Comey told Trump three times he was not under investigation. Instead, Comey did the opposite and confirmed Trump’s claim.

CNN’s Thomas Frank reported that Congress was investigating a “Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials.” The report was later retracted. Frank and two other CNN employees resigned in the fallout.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/10/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

Now none of the above will change those idiots that belong to the shrinking number of people that have confidence in the MSM, but what it will do is provide the FACTS that Ms. Attkisson shows that the MSM has really biased their output over the past few years and NOW even more so with President Trump!

Oh and this one is so good! It shouldn't be overlooked!
38. Jan. 15, 2018:
AP’s Laurie Kellman and Jonathan Drew reported that a new report showed trust in the media had fallen during the Trump presidency.
But the report that AP cited was actually over a year old and was conducted while Obama was president.

Wow... If there was ANY valid reason for trust in media declining...the above is perfect example! They couldn't even get the fact it was done during Obama's administration!
Unbelievable!

As far as I bothered reading

Here is one I think is so exemplary of how hasty to put out negative news about Trump:
The New York Times and other media widely suggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years.
Later, tax return pages leaked to MSNBC ultimately showed that Trump actually paid a higher rate than Democrats Bernie Sanders and President Obama.

There is no evidence of Trump paying income taxes in recent years. In fact, Trump has admitted to not paying federal taxes

A partial return that didn’t reveal his deductions from 13 years ago does not negate the claim that Trump has avoided paying taxes

There is no evidence of Trump paying income taxes in recent years. In fact, Trump has admitted to not paying federal taxes

A partial return that didn’t reveal his deductions from 13 years ago does not negate the claim that Trump has avoided paying taxes

The statement made by NYT suggested/implied "Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years"!
The NYT clearly states had not paid for 18 years!
That's a pretty clear cut statement that was refuted!
Plus we all know that $916 million Donald Trump reported losing on state tax returns in 1995, according to documents obtained by the New York Times.
How Donald Trump Lost $916 Million
So how could the NYT knowing what I know from the above MAKE such a blatant blanket state... Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years" when leaked tax returns
showed he paid more than Sanders or Obama?

Your girl/guy Madcow says differnt...
Maddow Exclusive: Trump 2005 Tax Return Shows He Paid $38 Million On $150 Million Income

The statement made by NYT suggested/implied "Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years"!
The NYT clearly states had not paid for 18 years!
That's a pretty clear cut statement that was refuted!
Plus we all know that $916 million Donald Trump reported losing on state tax returns in 1995, according to documents obtained by the New York Times.
How Donald Trump Lost $916 Million
So how could the NYT knowing what I know from the above MAKE such a blatant blanket state... Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years" when leaked tax returns
showed he paid more than Sanders or Obama?
Trump is not off the hook for paying his taxes
He is the only modern President to hide his finances

One partial tax return is not a substitute

Maddow Exclusive: Trump 2005 Tax Return Shows He Paid $38 Million On $150 Million Income

Where are the other 18 years and why did Trump only release a partial return

What is he hiding?

What is he hiding?

You said he didnt pay taxes.
Moving the goal posts are we?

What is he hiding?

A) This thread has NOTHING to do with Trump's taxes other than it was an example of the BIASED MSM failure to report accurately.
B) Parts of Donald Trump’s 2005 federal tax returns were made public on Tuesday night, revealing that the president made $150 million that year and paid $38 million in taxes.
An anonymous source released the first two pages of Trump’s 2005 tax returns to Trump biographer and investigative journalist David Cay Johnston. Johnston joined MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on her show late on Tuesday to discuss the returns.
Parts Of Donald Trump's 2005 Tax Returns Made Public | HuffPost
So right there we have FACTS about Trump's income and tax payments.
C) Trump doesn't HAVE to release! GEEZ this guy's saving you money by not taking the $400,000 salary!

So keep up the stupid ass questions and I'll answer any of them with FACTS that are specific to the topic...i.e. MSM biased reporting influencing idiots like YOU!

What is he hiding?

Crooked Donnie has admitted to not paying taxes

What is he hiding?

A) This thread has NOTHING to do with Trump's taxes other than it was an example of the BIASED MSM failure to report accurately.
B) Parts of Donald Trump’s 2005 federal tax returns were made public on Tuesday night, revealing that the president made $150 million that year and paid $38 million in taxes.
An anonymous source released the first two pages of Trump’s 2005 tax returns to Trump biographer and investigative journalist David Cay Johnston. Johnston joined MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on her show late on Tuesday to discuss the returns.
C) Trump doesn't HAVE to release! GEEZ this guy's saving you money by not taking the $400,000 salary!

So keep up the stupid ass questions and I'll answer any of them with FACTS that are specific to the topic...i.e. MSM biased reporting influencing idiots like YOU!
Using one partial tax return as proof that Trump has paid taxes for the last 18 years is BIASED

What is he hiding?

Crooked Donnie has admitted to not paying taxes

Actually no.
He used the same tax laws as hillary did when taking a loss.

Sheryl Attkinson, she's the nut who got confused and thought a stuck backspace key on her computer (giving her the benefit of the doubt) was the government deleting her files.

What is he hiding?

Using one partial tax return as proof that Trump has paid taxes for the last 18 years is BIASED

A) All it took was ONE tax return to refute the NYT article saying Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years! That was what the premise was the NYT falsely accused.
We know and Rachel Maddow showed his tax returns where HE PAID more taxes then Obama and Sanders did combined!
B) Using one return is BIASED? I didn't write that Trump hadn't paid taxes in 18 years... the NYT did and it takes just ONE tax return to refute it DUMMY!

Want further proof of how biased the MSM is??

Only a quarter of U.S. adults in a recent survey could fully identify factual statements - as opposed to opinion - in news stories, the Pew Research Center found in a study released on Monday.

The survey comes amid growing concerns about so-called fake news spread on the internet and social media. The term generally refers to fabricated news that has no basis in fact but is presented as being factually accurate.
The main portion of Pew's survey polled 5,035 adult Americans aged 18 and above in February and March. The study was intended to determine if respondents could differentiate between factual information and opinion statements in news stories.

Participants were given five factual statements such as "spending on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid make up the largest portion of the U.S. federal budget," and five opinion statements such as "democracy is the greatest form of government." They were asked to identify which ones were factual and which were opinions.

Only 26 percent were able to correctly identify all five factual statements. On opinions, about 35 percent were able to correctly identify all five statements. Roughly a quarter got most or all wrong in identifying facts and opinions, the research showed.

The study found that participants' ability to classify statements as factual or opinion varied widely based on their political awareness, trust in the news media, and "digital savviness" or degree to which they are confident in using digital devices and the internet.

"There is a striking difference in certain Americans in distinguishing what are factual statements and what are not and that depends on one's level of digital savviness, political savviness," Amy Mitchell, director of journalism research at Pew Research Center, said in an interview.
Americans grapple with recognizing facts in news stories: Pew survey

So again my premise is the biased MSM has sufficiently destroyed their credibility and above is proof.

One of the gigantic failure in American MSM audience is that the majority can't use common sense and as a result government policy is made based on false information!

Here is a perfect case in point. Several cities like St Petersburg Fl are banning plastic straws because of this statistic:
500,000,000 straws a day consumed by 230 million Americans!
And the source of this statistic was a 9 year old kid who called manufacturers in 2011! And almost all news sources use that number and no one questions it!
Even wikileaks...Drinking straw - Wikipedia
Think about it. The 9 year old called manufacturers and ask "HOW MANY STRAWS do you make" And he totaled them up to 500,000,000!
And some other idiot then said see It is estimated that about 500 million straws (close to 3 million pounds (1.4 kt)) are used daily in the United States alone - an average 1.6 straws per capita per day.[3][4][5] But they didn't even calculate what 3 million pounds of straws really is!
I simply doing some google searches:
How much does a plastic straw weigh

straw weighs about an ounce and a half. So assuming 1.5 oz per straw... divided into 3 million pounds is ONLY 32 million straws!
So right there you have further common sense lacking on the part of people who JUMP at straws!

Further research as to how many straws are really produced.

Here is the annual production of D&W also holds the title as the largest drinking straw manufacturer in North America, says Clay Davis, senior vice president.
The company churns out 22 million straws a day – roughly 3,000 cases – in the Fountain Inn plant alone, distributing throughout the U.S. and Canada. D&W Fine Pack’s customers include food powerhouses such as Sysco, U.S. Foods and many national chain restaurants as well as school systems across the country.

Inside D&W Fine Pack - Upstate Business Journal NOTE the LARGEST manufacturer produces 8 billion straws a year!

So we know the largest does 8 billion a year and the article about the Virginia plant does 4 billion... or an average between the two of 6 billion a year.

15 straw manufacturers at 6 billion each year is a total of 90 billion a year!

That is still less then the 182.6 billion the 9 year old kid's survey which is the basis of many stupid dumb inaccurate stories saying 500,000,000 straws a day!
A
gain... explain the discrepancy between the two numbers.

Remember the 9 year old kid's survey said 182 billion straws were manufactured in 2011 which totally contradicts the experience of the other 13 straw manufacturers.
AGAIN do the simple math... If the largest does 8 billion and another known manufacturer does 4 billion that is an average between the two of 6 billion x 13 other manufacturers
is a total of 78 billion by 13 manufacturers added to the known 12 billion and that comes up to 90 billion straws a year... NOT what the 9 year old kid reported of 182 billion!

And this story that Americans CONSUME 500,000,000 straws per day was believed by St Petersburg,FL, among other cities regarding regulations.

THAT TRULY WAS THE LAST STRAW .... FOR ME!

Forum List

Back