4th of July invitation for Janeane Garofalo

Did you go to a TEA party event (votes public)

• Total voters
nice video
if i was to be betting on this, i'd say the odds are not good that she would show up

Its more likely JG will say that the minoties in the vid were either hired or dupes, and that its just spin doctoring.

Just curious if any of you are attending or did attend one.

Which tea party did you go to? Post a picture or 2 if you can.

I myself am going to the one in boston.

My wife attended the last one, but won't be going this time. Not because she's changed her mind, but because she always likes to spend July 4 with her family.

My wife attended the last one, but won't be going this time. Not because she's changed her mind, but because she always likes to spend July 4 with her family.

Vote for the 3rd option then ;). Thats totally understandable

I am going to mine from noon till 2 then going to the family cookout late. I am actually bringing a family member and a friend with me too.

I am going to mine from noon till 2 then going to the family cookout late. I am actually bringing a family member and a friend with me too.

There you go. I've voted on behalf of my wife.

94578c312ce8__1246699178000.jpeg

125c10e0eb3c__1246698865000.jpeg

I live in the middle of nowhere. It's raining outside like cats and dogs. I would go to one if there was one in my area even if the rain would make the ink on my sign run... I think you might be seeing more and more of these T Bag things... At first they won't make too big of an impact but I betcha the closer it gets to the next election politicians will start paying a bit of attention. Hopefully many of them will be cleaning out their desks getting it ready for the new guy.

I live in the middle of nowhere. It's raining outside like cats and dogs. I would go to one if there was one in my area even if the rain would make the ink on my sign run... I think you might be seeing more and more of these T Bag things... At first they won't make too big of an impact but I betcha the closer it gets to the next election politicians will start paying a bit of attention. Hopefully many of them will be cleaning out their desks getting it ready for the new guy.

I really dont like going to them to be honest. Its just not my thing to go out to stuff like this and protest.

But Every time i call or email i get the same standard responses from my politicians. So i figure the only way to make them pay attention is to make enough noise to threaten their re-elections.

So I went and showed my support for holding the govt accountable, making them balance their budgets like I have to do at home, and to send the message that we aren't going to be quiet anymore.

c097ee65a554__1246697452000.jpeg

632e8d4c3d1b__1246697352000.jpeg

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

There you go. I've voted on behalf of my wife.

how long have you been an american citizen?

Forum List

Back