4th Grade Science Test

Just because a person is considered to be a scientist by some does not mean he has the answer. The reason so many of these so-called facts have changed is in many cases caused by not being able to say "I don't know". It is easy to convince you have proof when you use selective data.

You don't have a clue how the scientific process works. Any findings a scientist publicizes undergoes peer review and experiments must be able to be duplicated before any theories are established. Religious "theories" are based on faith, not fact.

Do you think that maybe just maybe that funding plays a roll in some of these great scientific so called discoveries? A finding of new fuel source cleaner and more efficient than gasoline would draw much more funding than the finding of a fuel source that is more expensive and destructive to engines. That is often how the "scientific process works" unfortunately.

What does that have to do with scientific theory vs. religious theory?

And regardless of funding, the conclusions of any scientific research are still subject to peer review and duplicated experimentation.

Thanks - that's awesome!

And thank you, too, Ernie S.!!!! :lol:

What I can't believe is that it is supposedly at a 4th grade level. Looks like second grade

I loved the part about how the parents were in the car and the father was saying how the earth was millions of years old and the girl shot back.........Were you there?

Then when the father saw the test he saw it was one of the questions......How should you respond?

Well, for one thing, I wouldn't be keeping the school's name a secret.

It's a fake. Part of liberal propaganda.

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Scientifically there isn't much of a difference between theory and fact. One must present a lot of proof to debunk a theory. Until that's accomplished a theory is for all intents and purposes, fact. That's because theory doesn't mean 'guess', it means the best explanation based on lots and lots of evidence.

Yup, going from 1 cell to everything making a critical thinking organism left up to time and evolving is just like putting all the parts of a car in a cement truck and keep spinning it until the car is put together...not much of a difference, but the human is much more complicated than a car.

I don't think I need to explain to you that the keystone of evolution is that the organisms with the best genetic "Instructions" are the ones that survive. Billions of species have been and become extinct since the beginning of life, and there's a reason we're so apt to survival on earth and would die instantly on any other heavenly body that we've discovered.

Using your theory there should be life on Venus and every other planet in the solar system. After all, it's just a matter of evolution.

Yup, going from 1 cell to everything making a critical thinking organism left up to time and evolving is just like putting all the parts of a car in a cement truck and keep spinning it until the car is put together...not much of a difference, but the human is much more complicated than a car.

I don't think I need to explain to you that the keystone of evolution is that the organisms with the best genetic "Instructions" are the ones that survive. Billions of species have been and become extinct since the beginning of life, and there's a reason we're so apt to survival on earth and would die instantly on any other heavenly body that we've discovered.

Using your theory there should be life on Venus and every other planet in the solar system. After all, it's just a matter of evolution.

Not every planet but some.

Scientist are discovering possibilities of bacterial life existing on Mars and Europa.

Scientist are discovering possibilities of bacterial life existing on Mars and Europa.

Are they older or younger than the earth? Why don't they have sentient life by now?

Face it, evolution is a theory, a good one back up with a lot of data, but still a theory. Even if and when it's fully proven, it still doesn't discount faith. Evolution doesn't threaten my faith, why should I be against teaching the theory? God created the world, does it really matter how he did it?

Not hearsay

They have a copy of the test (both pages) and have spoken to the parents who claim it is true

But lets identify the school in a month or so and see if they fess up
They CLAIM to have spoken to the (un-named) parents who CLAIM to have copies of the test.

But, yes, I'd be very interested in seeing what June brings.

If it's a private school, so what? It's their money to waste on Biblically incorrect teachings.

:cool:
This post reads like you believe snopes.com is part of the mythical 'Liberal Media'. :lol:

No, I use Snopes quite often.
Their words were "Remains to be Seen".
So I'll wait and see.

Not every planet can sustain life. It needs to maintain temperatures to keep water in a liquid state

But I imagine God could create life on every planet. Why didn't he?

Are they older or younger than the earth? Why don't they have sentient life by now?

Face it, evolution is a theory, a good one back up with a lot of data, but still a theory. Even if and when it's fully proven, it still doesn't discount faith. Evolution doesn't threaten my faith, why should I be against teaching the theory? God created the world, does it really matter how he did it?
Your statement that evolution is just a theory indicates that you don't know what a scientific theory is. Regardless of the amount of evidence discovered, evolution will always remain a theory. It cannot become become a law, just as atomic theory will always remain a theory.

In the non-scientific use of the word, theory means an assumption or explanation based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture. In science this is a hypothesis.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

Unlike the theory of germs and disease, gravitation, atomic theory, or relativity, the theory of evolution has been accepted as scientific fact by a number of district branches of science such as zoology, botany, geology, and paleontology. The reason why it is so widely accepted, is it explains so much scientific phenomena in unrelated fields of science plus the various parts of the theory have been validated independently in the various fields.

Last edited:

Not every planet can sustain life. It needs to maintain temperatures to keep water in a liquid state

Using evolution as a theory, there is no reason why life can't evolve without the need for water or certain temperatures. Isn't that what evolution is for? To evolve to the current climate?

As for God, only he can answer that question. I do not for one minute believe we are the only sentient life in the universe, but if evolution is fact then why aren't there sentient beings on every other planet in this solar system?

There is absolutely no proof of that.

Your statement that evolution is just a theory indicates that you don't know what a scientific theory is. Regardless of the amount of evidence discovered, evolution will always remain a theory. It cannot become become a law, just as atomic theory will always remain a theory.

In the non-scientific use of the word, theory means an assumption or explanation based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture. In science this is a hypothesis.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

Unlike the theory of germs and disease, gravitation, atomic theory, or relativity, the theory of evolution has been accepted as scientific fact by a number of district branches of science such as zoology, botany, geology, and paleontology. The reason why it is so widely accepted, is it explains so much scientific phenomena in unrelated fields of science plus the various parts of the theory have been validated independently in the various fields.

Which part of whatever it is you think atomic theory is is just a theory?

They CLAIM to have spoken to the (un-named) parents who CLAIM to have copies of the test.

But, yes, I'd be very interested in seeing what June brings.

If it's a private school, so what? It's their money to waste on Biblically incorrect teachings.

:cool:
This post reads like you believe snopes.com is part of the mythical 'Liberal Media'. :lol:

No, I use Snopes quite often.
Their words were "Remains to be Seen".
So I'll wait and see.
This thing is going viral on the Net. Little by little some information is leaking out. Not suprisingly, the school where this test was given hasn't made any comment.

Dinosaurs hung out with humans; God created dinosaurs on the sixth day; the "behemoth" described in the Bible's Book of Job actually refers to a brontosaurus. These are some of the unscientific beliefs behind what appears to be a fourth-grade science quiz posted recently online.

The quiz, dated Feb. 28 and titled "Dinosaurs: Genesis and the Gospel," was posted to Reddit's r/atheism forum by user Puskunk on April 21. Puskunk claims the quiz is from a private religious school in South Carolina but doesn't identifying the institution because "it is a small school and I don't want any publicity that might reflect badly on the kid" who took the test.

The student evidently scored 100 percent on the test, answering "False" to statements such as "The Earth is billions of years old" and "Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago," among other bizarre questions.

Read more: Morning Must Reads: April 26 | TIME.com

50d4228348a0dbbc04500110.L._SY300_.jpg

It's available for about $15.

If some Republicans have their way, this kind of education may be coming to a public school near you.

Untrue, The conditions you describe are requirements for life AS WE KNOW IT. The universe is far too vast to only have carbon based life. And even there, carbon based life can take many forms that do not require liquid water to thrive.

You lack imagination dude.

Thanks - that's awesome!

And thank you, too, Ernie S.!!!! :lol:

What I can't believe is that it is supposedly at a 4th grade level. Looks like second grade

I loved the part about how the parents were in the car and the father was saying how the earth was millions of years old and the girl shot back.........Were you there?

Then when the father saw the test he saw it was one of the questions......How should you respond?

I guess if you're not teaching science, there are no levels. Just the bible, through repetition.

It's obviously not from a public school. It's from a private, "faith-based" school or charter school, using taxpayer money to promote this crap and warp our childrens' minds.

Prove that taxpayer money is being used by the school that supposedly administered this quiz.

Prove that it is being taught anywhere outside his head.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/289868-4th-grade-science-test-4.html#post7146430

Which part of whatever it is you think atomic theory is is just a theory?
Teachers say there are no stupid questions but your question comes pretty close. You apparently have no idea what a scientific theory is. There are 3 classifications of scientific explanations, hypothesis, theories and laws. Hypothesizes can develop into theories. However theories will always remain theories regardless of the amount evidence that supports it. Thus the atomic theory will always remain a theory. In science the statement that something is a theory does not detract from it's validity. Theory to a scientist does not mean the same thing it means to a layman.

Scientific theories can never become scientific laws. Theories are complex logical arguments, starting from a small set of postulates, and deriving all the possible logical conclusions of those postulates. They explain a wide range of phenomena (the conclusions).

Laws are simple mathematical statements of highly repeatable observations. The Law of Gravity (Galileo's, not Newton's) is that all bodies fall at the same rate. Thus a theory can't become a law and law cannot become a theory.

Last edited:

Untrue, The conditions you describe are requirements for life AS WE KNOW IT. The universe is far too vast to only have carbon based life. And even there, carbon based life can take many forms that do not require liquid water to thrive.

You lack imagination dude.

Science Fiction

Each planet must deal with the same periodic table that we have. H2O is one of the simplest molecules there is. Life forms must start with humble beginnings and the life properties of water are hard to beat

It's a fake. Part of liberal propaganda.

Quantum Windbag said:
It is actually from your fantasy world. If it was from South Carolina you would be able to link to all sorts of news stories about it and not have to post a picture of something you printed yourself.

Asterism said:
Prove it. Which school? Who took the photo? Who else has seen this directly?

Predfan said:
Most likely a fake test created by some left wing nutter and posted on Huff-po or the Daily Kos I'll bet.

I think it's made up bullshit you found on Facebook.

snopes.com: 4th Grade Science Quiz

It does appear to have been confirmed.
so [MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION], [MENTION=24388]asterism[/MENTION], [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION], [MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION]... Does this affect your opinion on the matter?

I tend to doubt it. :dunno:

Forum List

Back