$4M worth of cannabis found in slow-moving van on expressway

LostAmerican

Rookie
Feb 20, 2011
Note to people traveling in a vehicle with $4 million worth of cannabis: Don’t drive 35 mph on the interstate.

That’s what Kane County Sheriff’s police say Xaiana Thammayong, 45, of Elgin did Saturday morning about 10:30 a.m. near northwest suburban Huntley, according to a release from the sheriff’s office.

A deputy was traveling west on I-90 near Route 47 when he saw a Ford Econoline van with an Arizona plate driving westbound at about 35 mph.

Thammayong appeared to be leaning back in his seat to hide his face from the deputy who pulled up alongside the van. He ultimately stopped the van near the exit ramp at Route 20 in Hampshire Township.

Once the van was stopped, Thammayong and his passenger, 59-year-old Xom M. Vongsaly of Fresno, Calif., switched places, the release said.

The deputies identified both and found Thammayong, the original driver, was wanted by Elgin police for failing to register as a child sex offender. His Illinois driver’s license was also revoked, the release said.

Both were taken into custody and a search of the vehicle uncovered more than 230 pounds of high-quality cannabis with an estimated street value of $4 million, the release said. That type of cannabis is usually sold for as much as $40 per gram.

Both Thammayong and Vongsaly were charged with one count each of cannabis trafficking, delivery of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis and possession of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis. Thammayong was also charged with driving on a revoked license.

Bail for Thammayong was set at $10.125 million, while Vongsaly was ordered held on $10 million bail, the release said.

$4M worth of cannabis found in slow-moving van on expressway - Chicago Sun-Times

---------------------------------------------------

But are they illegals? Illinois police are forbidden to ask thanks to LA RAZA puppets in Illinois government!

Both were taken into custody and a search of the vehicle uncovered more than 230 pounds of high-quality cannabis with an estimated street value of $4 million, the release said. That type of cannabis is usually sold for as much as $40 per gram.

That's a fair amount of pot, admittedly, but hardly a lot of pot in the WHOLESALE world dealers.

But per usual the cops are self-agrandizing their worthless asses by inflating the significance of the (relatively minor) bust

$4 M/230$ = $17,391 a POUND!?!

Good luck getting that kind of wholesale price for a pound of pot

Even if the hemp was broken into OZs and RETAIL the value is more like:

420(lbs X 16(oz per pound) X $400 ( Per oz) = $1,472,000

Last edited:
o the price is total bullshit....
40 bones a gram is how much an oz....

damn i hate math 640 an oz

thats not right....damn its over 1100 an oz...

yall do know you get a discount for volume buying?

o the price is total bullshit....
40 bones a gram is how much an oz....

damn i hate math 640 an oz

thats not right....damn its over 1100 an oz...

yall do know you get a discount for volume buying?

Neh! To be expected, Stroll

Per usual the drug-cop criminals are full of shit.

To think we paid $15 for a fat ounce of buds back in the 70's. Sheesh.

Kind didn't exist in the 70's. Good Kind actually costs $60 a gram. This is the shit you pack in a bowl and 4-5 hits, and you're sailing.

...I mean... Ya know, that's what I've heard...

To think we paid $15 for a fat ounce of buds back in the 70's. Sheesh.

Yup!

I remember when the price went from about $40 a ox retail, to about $200 an oz.

Seems like it happened in about a year or so.

It is my understanding that organized crime took over that trade bigtime in the Boston area.

They drove out the cowboys (mostly by getting the busted, killing them, or turning them into employees( and "rationalized" the industry.

Pot was suddenly easier to to find and much dearer to buy thanks to that more organized industrialization of the trade.

So simultaneously the WAR on DRIGS did three things...

1. it increased the profit margins of the trade; and
2. Made it easier to find but more expensive to buy pot; and
3. Put most of the trade into the hands of ORGANIZED CRIME

Last edited:
Note to people traveling in a vehicle with $4 million worth of cannabis: Don’t drive 35 mph on the interstate.

That’s what Kane County Sheriff’s police say Xaiana Thammayong, 45, of Elgin did Saturday morning about 10:30 a.m. near northwest suburban Huntley, according to a release from the sheriff’s office.

A deputy was traveling west on I-90 near Route 47 when he saw a Ford Econoline van with an Arizona plate driving westbound at about 35 mph.

Thammayong appeared to be leaning back in his seat to hide his face from the deputy who pulled up alongside the van. He ultimately stopped the van near the exit ramp at Route 20 in Hampshire Township.

Once the van was stopped, Thammayong and his passenger, 59-year-old Xom M. Vongsaly of Fresno, Calif., switched places, the release said.

The deputies identified both and found Thammayong, the original driver, was wanted by Elgin police for failing to register as a child sex offender. His Illinois driver’s license was also revoked, the release said.

Both Thammayong and Vongsaly were charged with one count each of cannabis trafficking, delivery of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis and possession of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis. Thammayong was also charged with driving on a revoked license.

Bail for Thammayong was set at $10.125 million, while Vongsaly was ordered held on $10 million bail, the release said.

$4M worth of cannabis found in slow-moving van on expressway - Chicago Sun-Times

---------------------------------------------------

But are they illegals? Illinois police are forbidden to ask thanks to LA RAZA puppets in Illinois government!

Those two humps charged me a small fortune for a pound of that stuff.

I'm pissed....I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow morning to see if I can pick up the stuff I paid for.

Forum List

Back