47 Million Year Old Find..

Scientists have unveiled a 47-million-year-old fossilised skeleton of a monkey hailed as the missing link in human evolution.

special news conference in New York.

The discovery of the 95%-complete 'lemur monkey' - dubbed Ida - is described by experts as the "eighth wonder of the world".

They say its impact on the world of palaeontology will be "somewhat like an asteroid falling down to Earth".

Researchers say proof of this transitional species finally confirms Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, and the then radical, outlandish ideas he came up with during his time aboard the Beagle.

Sir David Attenborough said Darwin "would have been thrilled" to have seen the fossil - and says it tells us who we are and where we came from

full article with photos:

Missing Link: Scientists In New York Unveil Fossil Of Lemur Monkey Hailed As Man's Earliest Ancestor | World News | Sky News

not looking good for that creationism theory

I merged your thread with Sarah's bones. -EZ

no worries i didnt see sarah thread when i did mine...thanks for putting them together

Thanks EZ. I figured they would do it sooner or later.

Scientists have unveiled a 47-million-year-old fossilised skeleton of a monkey hailed as the missing link in human evolution.

special news conference in New York.

The discovery of the 95%-complete 'lemur monkey' - dubbed Ida - is described by experts as the "eighth wonder of the world".

They say its impact on the world of palaeontology will be "somewhat like an asteroid falling down to Earth".

Researchers say proof of this transitional species finally confirms Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, and the then radical, outlandish ideas he came up with during his time aboard the Beagle.

Sir David Attenborough said Darwin "would have been thrilled" to have seen the fossil - and says it tells us who we are and where we came from

full article with photos:

Missing Link: Scientists In New York Unveil Fossil Of Lemur Monkey Hailed As Man's Earliest Ancestor | World News | Sky News

not looking good for that creationism theory

unless god created the monkey....

I don't think I've ever said that evolution might not have been the means by which a creator worked.

which still validates evolution and leaves adam and eve where it belongs... allegory.

or perhaps this explanation might interest you more. "ad-am" meaning "man" in hebrew, btw.

Adam Kadmon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

47 million years old and they could actually get a picture of an almost complete form.

And they saw a broken wrist as well as being able to figure out that is what killed her.

Amazing..

truth is always stranger than fiction...a broken wrist would easily kill you...infection....or simply being left by the tribe to starve

47 million years old and they could actually get a picture of an almost complete form.

And they saw a broken wrist as well as being able to figure out that is what killed her.

Amazing..
I love that shit! I hope they do a special on the discovery channel or maybe they already have. I just saw it on my browser headlines. And to think there are people who do not believe in evolution.:cuckoo:

I love it too. I know it's hard to dismiss evolution but I am also so interested in findings like the dead sea scrolls and the search for the arc of the covenant. There are actually people who dig trying to find stuff like that over in the middle east.

Remember all of the religious artifax that were destroyed and looted when we bombed the shit out of Iraq? I know they got some of it back but geezus..

dead sea scrolls....but not the gospels the church wants you to see...catholic...52 miles of books...archives....(guess who has been watching that dan brown stuff..but this was a pbs special) people assume all people have been christians or followers of jesus that was not true... the jesus people just won over the others...why i am not sure?

evolution is a natural course of nature....just like the last great ice age that reduced the human population....just like the people who survived the bubonic plague...they have something going for them....i thought you were a christian?

nope.....for life to start it needs to be created.....things can not evolve from nothing....

Except for GOD, of course.

GOD is the exception to the rule.

It is absolutely essantial to those of you who insist that creationism makes sense and science is completely wrong for you to admit that apparently at least one LIFE FORM (in your case that would be GOD) existed without a creator.

Which begs the question if GOD can exist without a creator, then why can't life have begun without an intelligence to make it happen?

I realize I'm attempting to break though your impervious cicular logic of faith, but speaking as one believer to the others, your flawed logical thinking that you hope will refute science, makes your faith look rather weak -- not strong..but weak.

You can NOT prove the existence of a creator logically.

Every time you try, this conundrum will come to the fore and make you look like an ignoramous who cannot logically think his way out of a paper bag.

Speaking as a believer, I get tired of you guys making my faith seem like it is based on a logical fallacy that apparently you have yet to understand.

Faith cannot be LOGICALLY supported.

Stop trying to argue using logic, because logic will not support your faith.

God is that which is beyond all human understanding.

The Bible tells you that plainly enough, but apparently some of you fundies don't actually believe the Bible and would rather listen to the incoherent blatherings of people who can't think LOGICALLY

Last edited:
Why did it take 26 years for them to figure this out? I think it's all b.s.

You would.

Of course I do, this isn't the first time they've done this. It is obviously a monkey. Why do the evolutionist crowd feel the need to trot out some new fossil to finally prove they're right every time we turn around? Because they are very insecure about their theory. No one runs around touting new evidence of gravity all the time. Every time they say they've found a missing link it is lacking and falls through pretty quick. I see no reason to think this one will be any different.

:lol:

of course.. he probably created neanderthals too.

He created angels and giants as well.

This does nothing to prove that we're descended from monkeys, nor does it do anything to disprove God.

Also I'd like some information on how they aged it. To my understanding, we don't have any good way to determine the age of very old stuff....

This does nothing to prove that we're descended from monkeys, nor does it do anything to disprove God.

Also I'd like some information on how they aged it. To my understanding, we don't have any good way to determine the age of very old stuff....

or rather, a method which you'll accept since it unravels your faith much like heliocentrism did.

angels and giants.. :lol: OK!

:thup:

Radiocarbon dating has been proven to be highly questionable, idiot. The older the find, the less accurate the dating. It relies on measuring 14.C concentrations...and those concentrations vary widely over time. The simple calculation of age from 14.C concentration is UNRELIABLE.

or rather, a method which you'll accept since it unravels your faith much like heliocentrism did.

angels and giants.. :lol: OK!

:thup:

It hasn't unraveled anything of mine.

Right now the ghost of Copernicus is laughing his ethereal ass off.

Forum List

Back