45 Million on food stamps

All I know is that when I moved south, I could coupon and yes Americano I will get back in there, I could coupon till I hit free.

Shut uip asswipes that don't have a clue how to make it.

Losers. OMG just freaking losers. You pay 7 % provincianl aka states tax and 5 % right across the board fed tax on everything you buy.

Fair tax.

Cough up non payers.

according to Pelosi Food stamps and unemployment is the biggest bang for the buck. If she had her way I guess Every american except the Washington elite will be on Food stamps

Nancy Pelosi: Foodstamps and Unemployment Insurance - YouTube

Pub Dupe Idiocy. Works better than tax cuts for the BLOATED rich...that's for damn sure. And we already had 2 million homeless BEFORE the 2nd Pub Great Depression...

Why didnt your homeless advocacy groups allow the homeless to get onto and begin to live in the docked cruise ships?

I am very aware of where you say you come from. I am very aware of all the issues that confront you.

So please give me an answer.

Trying to multi task and finish off the kitchen ceiling have mercy

Look homeless aren't a joke and we keep playing red rover with these poor souls. it's time to end it.

Last edited:
Obamanomics in action!

Reuters: Midnight in the food-stamp economy

interesting article and, mark me not surprised.

I found this interesting;

nsion plans to focus on lower-income shoppers.

Take Costco Wholesale Corp, a warehouse club operator that caters to middle income Americans who must pay $50 a year to shop in its stores. Nudged along by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who threatened legal action, Costco began accepting food stamps at a few New York stores in May. It now plans to clear the payments in all of its 413 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico.

so, do those shoppers on food stamps pay the $50 bucks?

And buy in bulk?

It is interesting how all the Wal-Marts have become Super Wal-Marts that have groceries so they become qualified to accept "Food Stamps" EBT & SNAP. This has also happened at K-Mart, Target & Dollar Stores. Most retailers are twisting & contorting their business model to get a piece of the action. Check out this snip from the article:

Family Dollar Stores Inc, which sells most of its merchandise for below $10, began realigning its business even before the downturn. It installed refrigerators and coolers in its stores, enabling it to sell perishable food like milk and luncheon meat, and upgraded its checkout system to accept EBT as payment.

To accept food stamps, retailers must sell food in each of four staple food groups: bread and grains; dairy, fruit and vegetables; and meat, poultry and fish. Or, at least 50 percent of the total sales in a store must be from the sale of eligible staple food, like flour, bread or beef.

Dorlisa Flur, Family Dollar's chief merchandising officer, says the store's core shoppers have been "under pressure" for years. She describes that core shopper as a woman who earns less than $40,000 a year and lives paycheck to paycheck. This shopper was hit hard in 2005 when gasoline prices spiked in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Then came a surge in food prices, a housing bust and recession.

"When the whole housing market fell apart too, that really drove her to lean on food stamps," Flur said. "By accepting EBT, we were opening up a portion of the wallet we were not able to touch before."

I believe food stamps should be set up with coupons for specific products. One 8oz. jar peanut butter, 2 loafs of bread, 5lbs of rice etc. These can be calculated according to size of family. Healthy cheap food. I have to shop this way so should they. No freakin cash. I.D cards required to use coupons it will maybe help eliminate the selling of the coupons occur less.

drudge
Some 15% of U.S. Uses Food Stamps - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Up 8%
My living wage thread talks directly to this. It could rmove as many as 10 million from this program

Replacing Obama will do more than any-thing

194904barack-make-it-rain.gif

I believe food stamps should be set up with coupons for specific products. One 8oz. jar peanut butter, 2 loafs of bread, 5lbs of rice etc. These can be calculated according to size of family. Healthy cheap food. I have to shop this way so should they. No freakin cash. I.D cards required to use coupons it will maybe help eliminate the selling of the coupons occur less.

One observation I have made is when you have to many people eat specific foods the price skyrockets.

Take hamburger vs steak for instance. Before the recession around here in the mid-west hamburger was selling for about $0.75/lb & good cuts of steak was about $15/lb. Hamburger was an affordable staple food for the poor. The main reason it was cheap was because it was a leftover excess from the cow when they were butchered to get steak that the majority sought, bought & consumed. That high steak price paid for the whole cow & processing. The leftover burger was sold at steep discount to get rid of it much like a waste product.

A live cow on hoof cost about $1.50/lb & only 1/3rd is consumed as meat. So that makes the average price per lb of meat $4.50 + slaughter cost so lets just say $5/lb. During good economic times the high priced steak is 3 times the actual meat cost & hamburger is sold at a huge loss.

When you have a major economic downturn the majority want to buy hamburger. So now around here good steak now sells for $11/lb & hamburger sells for well over $3.00. Those who can afford good steak got a cut in their food bill & the poor took a 4 fold increase in their food cost. That is a major punch in the gut for the poor & especially while we are in a recession.

This is why you need food stamps to even things out. They can also help those that would have bought burger to reach for steak thus lowering the price of burger for the rest.

Last edited:
Thanks for the observation. Food stamps versus cash is a must, agree? Perhaps a limit to what can be bought to prevent snacks, lobster and higher ticket and junk foods. I have observed that the dietary needs of the children are not being met. Seldom do I see fruits, vegetables in the cart of an individual on assistance. A great deal of frozen and snacks and that is not the best use of the limited funds.

On occasion I have noticed individuals using assistance with tons of fresh foods and they used coupons. I felt different about those persons than others as they appeared to actually need the assistance and was going to stretch it out as much as possible, responsibly.

Wow.

The evil, wicked capitalist system...........is so fucking awesome that even in an awful recession the nation can afford to feed almost 50 million people for free.

Yeah, sure lefties, lets change over to the communist ideals that have caused dozens of nations to starve it's people.

This many on food stamps is not good. But it speaks volumes to the power of American capitalism that we're able to do it.

I do laugh at how many "poor" people are fat.

Down to raw basics:

Fat means a person is taking in more calories (food) than they burn (work).

They eat more than they can work off.

And whine about that life. Billions of humans in the world would KILL to be in a life where they consume more than they can work off.

And 1/3 Americans is obese, 2/3 are overweight.

Just raw truth folks.

drudge
Some 15% of U.S. Uses Food Stamps - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Up 8%
My living wage thread talks directly to this. It could rmove as many as 10 million from this program

Replacing Obama will do more than any-thing

The unemployment number dropped this Month mostly because another 300,000 People Gave up looking for work. I would wager a number of those people are new Food Stamp Recipients as well. Millions of Long Term Unemployed, No longer eligible for Unemployment are having to apply for Food Aide, and Cash Assistance to survive.

It's unbelievable that Obama and his Followers are applauding the most Recent Unemployment report as great news. 120,000 Jobs is not nearly enough, and when almost 3 times that many have simply left the Job Market it leaves a big Asterisk on the new 8.6% official Unemployment Rate. If not for literally Millions of People either Choosing to Retire Early, or Giving up and applying for Welfare, the unemployment rate would not even be going down.

Very sad state of affairs being billed as signs of good things to come by the Left.

I do laugh at how many "poor" people are fat.

Down to raw basics:

Fat means a person is taking in more calories (food) than they burn (work).

They eat more than they can work off.

And whine about that life. Billions of humans in the world would KILL to be in a life where they consume more than they can work off.

And 1/3 Americans is obese, 2/3 are overweight.

Just raw truth folks.

its cheaper to eat bad food than good.

but you already know that. :thup:

according to Pelosi Food stamps and unemployment is the biggest bang for the buck. If she had her way I guess Every american except the Washington elite will be on Food stamps

Nancy Pelosi: Foodstamps and Unemployment Insurance - YouTube

She's probably right about that.

Food stamps have great monetary velosity.

They are spent monthly, thus putting other Americans to work.

They produce profits for the stores where they're spent.

you're smarter than that dude.

when they become transfer payments Ed, the lose value in that context. just because you cannot SEE the effect of that, as readily as your network broadcasting stories of the poor, they have an effect. there is no multiplier via unemployment wages beyond a short time.

Forum List

Back