400 years ago

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
In 1611, The King James version of the Bible was published. The First full Bible in English.

A lot of things have changed in 400 years. And many have forgotten the people who sacrificed their lives in order for the Bible to be given to the people in their own language.

One of those martyrs was William Tyndale who stated:

“If God spare my life ere many years, I will cause a boy that driveth the plow, shall know more of Scripture than thou doest.”

I know there are many who think God is a myth. That the Bible is a fairytale. But it contains the Word of God, the wisdom of thousands of years of human history, and has cost the blood of many good and honorable men and women for us to have it. And because of that it has shaped the course of our society largely for it's betterment.

Study the doctrine. Experiment on them. Use them in your life. When you do, you will understand why men have been willing to die to bring forth book. You will celebrate the history of our civilization that has occured because we have this book in our midst.

We really are blessed to have it because for thousands of years it was not available to the people. I would encourage you to believe the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, because their testimony is true. But even if you don't study the Bible anyway. Learn from the wisdom of ages. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by it. Because living the principles of virtue and righteousness bring joy.

there were two other versions of the bible already translated into english prior to king james......

the purpose of the king james bible was to put a church of england spin on the bible to make it more palatable to the angelicans..........

and no blood was spilt to make an english language bible, except for the papercuts maybe......

the problem with the bible being the "word of god" is that there are so many translations and variations that no one can point to which bible is the actual word of god and which versions arent.........

and the first bible, from the council of nicea, was not interested in the word of god but making a religion for the roman empire that told people to not complain about suffering on this planet, obey your masters and dont use religion as an excuse to rebel against the govenrment.........

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mathew 7:7

It is through prayer that you will be given guidance, that you will know GOD. Prayer is the way to the Lord and salvation.

But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.
Mathew 6:6

Forum List

Back