Observations of a Jew Who Converted to Islam

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Ancient lion, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    In the name of God the sustainer of the earth, heavens and what's in between,
    This article was published at huffingtonpost on 18/11
    Jeremy Greenberg
    Jeremy Greenberg: The Observations of a Jew Who Converted to Islam

The unique feature of islam is: despite all anti-islamists efforts to spread their hate and intolerance, Islam is the ONLY growing religion according to religioustolerance site !
    [​IMG]

2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    I guess he's going to have to murder his family now.

3. Ropey

Ropey Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    ^ :lmao:

Fellow converted to understand better? I think he might have liked to understand better first.

More drivel from drivel created by drivel and so rebutted with drivel.

Fastest Growing Religions: Tribute To Wicca & Paganism - YouTube

Pentecostals Celebrate World's Fastest-Growing Religion

^ Here's a bit more drivel. :thup:

Africa is clearly moving towards Christianity within the areas that are resource rich. Islam is losing that battle although the Chinese are spending a lot of money to get their own foothold. Islam? Not looking good in Africa and Africa, not the Middle East will be the resource center of the second half of this century. I feel for the Muslim countries who have done absolutely nothing in the face of global warming and lowered sea levels, raised prices of food, massive overpopulation considering their purchasing power, etc.

It's not looking good for much of the Islamic world as poverty is the state of being for the great majority.

Bringing 'New' Christianity to Africa: The Good News

Fastest Growing. Time will tell. :)

4. SW2SILVER

SW2SILVER BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Perhaps, as a Jew, you might also have become a NAZI when they were also invading? Don't be a moral coward. Muslims ,They out - breed us, is THAT an example of GOD’S will?

5. lizzie

lizzie Zen Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    My observation has been that Judaism and Islam share many ideas and ritual practices/laws. I suspect (but can't prove) that the origin of Islam was born of rebellion against the Christianity of the time period, by those who practiced Judaism and hated the Christians or the Christian religion.

6. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    I recently heard a Jewish woman tell how much Jews and Muslims have in common. Their dietary rules, circumcision, and she named others as well.

7. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,519
    You beat me to that one Ropey. Here is better piece, South America and Asia also..

Christianity growing in staggering fashion In Africa, Latin America and Asia, Christian News

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  8. Ropey

Ropey Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    :eusa_eh:

:lmao:

9. MikeGloster

MikeGloster Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Perhaps you would like to give some examples or sources which made you come to this conclusion. I realize you said you were unable to prove it, but something (s) must have influenced you. :cool:

10. lizzie

lizzie Zen Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    It isn't really sources, but observation of religious practices and laws. Judaism has been around long enough to have evolved somewhat, but Islam is a relative newcomer as far as world religions go. Their dietary practices are similar, and the Islamic religion has much in common with old Judaic law prior to Christianity, but is more militant based on the founder of the Islamic religion. When Christianity first started forming as a significant religious force, it appears to have been at odds with Judaism- afterall, the message was completely different as far as the path to salvation was concerned. I'm pretty certain that there were many who practiced the Judaic religion of the time period who fiercely defended their own faith against the Christians. It looks to me like it's likely that the origins of Islam were probably Jewish believers with a new prophet, if you look at the basics/ laws of the two religions.