400 ppm in our lifetimes?

Hey, dumbshit, the ocean is currently a CO2 sink. Only an idiot would think it was a source. Got it?

Sorry guy, it is a net source....only an idiot would think otherwise.

From my AR5 quote, the following peer reviewed studies ALL find that the world's oceans are - NET - taking up CO2 from the atmosphere.

1) Wanninkhof et al., 2009
2) Wanninkhof et al., 2013
3) Gruber et al., 2009
4) Takahashi et al., 2009
5) Keeling et al., 2004
6) Midorikawa et al., 2005
7) Yoshikawa-Inoue and Ishii, 2005
8) Takahashi et al., 2006
9) Schuster and Watson, 2007
10) Ishii et al., 2009
11) McKinley et al., 2011
12) Bates, 2012
13) Lenton et al., 2012
14) Feely et al., 2006
15) Schuster and Watson, 2007
16) Watson et al., 2009
17) Schuster et al., 2013
18) Bates, 2012
19) Metzl, 2009;
20) Lenton et al., 2012

What have you got?

Idiot.

AR5????.... I am laughing out loud and spewing cornflakes in your face. AR5...what a hoot.

Only the worst sort of mindscrubbed, brainwashed, cultish, cretin believes anything that comes out of that organization. If they told me my name...I would have to visit the county records in my home state to verify.

Again, you fucking idiot, NONE of that research was conducted on behalf of, by the employees of, or with funding from, the IPCC.

You really ought to get a grasp of the basics before you shoot off your stupid fucking mouth.

Oh, and pardon my French asshole.

Last edited:
Again, you fucking idiot, NONE of that research was conducted on behalf of, by the employees of, or with funding from, the IPCC.

You really ought to get a grasp of the basics before you shoot off your stupid fucking mouth.

AR5 is mostly a lot of opinion. What research does it contain? That's why intelligent people ignore it.

You clearly don't grasp the basics. That is why you have flaxen for the hoax.

"The sky is still falling!!! Fo' real you guys!!! Just because none of our predictions have been accurate, none of our doom and gloom scenarios have played out, none of out models have had any basis in reality, you have chosen to ignore this new report?!?!? But this time we REALLY, REALLY mean it!!! Come on guys...you've got to believe us...we've got charts and everything..."

Missourian in the environmental sub-forum? Now I've seen it all. You deniers never cease to amaze.

"This is like totally the last chance...not at all like the last time we said it was the last chance...this time we really, really, really mean it..."

wMqZXyb.png

Missourian in the environmental sub-forum? Now I've seen it all. You deniers never cease to amaze.

P.S. - I used to debate in this subforum quite a bit, but that was before you were a member.

LINK: http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...-recedes-10-miles-in-8-years.html#post1336736

Eventually one tires of repeating that 95% of greenhouse gas emission are naturally occurring and that Greenland was ice free when GHG content in the atmosphere was 30% lower than it is today...

Food and Water Wars » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
The integrity of Arctic sea ice is essential to prevent the risks of (1) methane outbreak and/or (2) fierce, damaging weather throughout the Northern Hemisphere. Regrettably, the Arctic “sea ice area” registered a seasonal record low on March 10, 2014 at 12.95 million square kilometers. Whereas, ‘maximum ice growth’ is usually expected in March, not all-time seasonal lows immediately preceding the onset of summer (Source: NSIDC, National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder, CO.)

may start a thread on this one later :cool:

The integrity of Arctic sea ice is essential to prevent the risks of (1) methane outbreak and/or (2) fierce, damaging weather throughout the Northern Hemisphere. Regrettably, the Arctic “sea ice area” registered a seasonal record low on March 10, 2014 at 12.95 million square kilometers. Whereas, ‘maximum ice growth’ is usually expected in March, not all-time seasonal lows immediately preceding the onset of summer (Source: NSIDC, National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder, CO.)

Oh goody! Another "uber catastrophe" that never occurred when it was way warmer than today. So, why did this not happen during the HTM when it was five degrees C warmer than today?

I'll wait.

Oh goody! Another "uber catastrophe" that never occurred when it was way warmer than today. So, why did this not happen during the HTM when it was five degrees C warmer than today?

I'll wait.

Doubt if he knows what the HTM is. Maybe you should give him a clue...or draw him a picture using pretty primary colors.

Pray tell, what sources are you using to determine Arctic ice extents during the HTM?

And your characterization of the HTM is a bit exaggerated and a great deal oversimplified.

The Holocene Climate Optimum warm event consisted of increases of up to 4 °C near the North Pole (in one study, winter warming of 3 to 9 °C and summer of 2 to 6 °C in northern central Siberia).[1] The northwest of Europe experienced warming, while there was cooling in the south.[2] The average temperature change appears to have declined rapidly with latitude so that essentially no change in mean temperature is reported at low and mid latitudes. Tropical reefs tend to show temperature increases of less than 1 °C; the tropical ocean surface at the Great Barrier Reef ~5350 years ago was 1 °C warmer and enriched in 18O by 0.5 per mil relative to modern seawater.[3] In terms of the global average, temperatures were probably colder than present day (depending on estimates of latitude dependence and seasonality in response patterns). While temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere were warmer than average during the summers, the tropics and areas of the Southern Hemisphere were colder than average.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_thermal_maximum

From the same article: "Research indicates that the Arctic had substantially less sea ice during this period compared to present."[ "NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice News". National Snow and Ice Data Center. Retrieved 15 May 2009.]

and

"The Hans Tausen Iskappe (ice cap) in Peary Land (northern Greenland) was drilled in 1977 with a new deep drill to 325 m. The ice core contained distinct melt layers all the way to bedrock indicating that Hans Tausen Iskappe contains no ice from the last glaciation; i.e., the world’s northernmost ice cap melted away during the post-glacial climatic optimum and was rebuilt when the climate got colder some 4000 years ago.[Dansgaard W. Frozen Annals Greenland Ice Sheet Research. Odder, Denmark: Narayana Press. p. 124. ISBN 87-990078-0-0.]

Last edited:
Pray tell, what sources are you using to determine Arctic ice extents during the HTM?

And your characterization of the HTM is a bit exaggerated and a great deal oversimplified.

The Holocene Climate Optimum warm event consisted of increases of up to 4 °C near the North Pole (in one study, winter warming of 3 to 9 °C and summer of 2 to 6 °C in northern central Siberia).[1] The northwest of Europe experienced warming, while there was cooling in the south.[2] The average temperature change appears to have declined rapidly with latitude so that essentially no change in mean temperature is reported at low and mid latitudes. Tropical reefs tend to show temperature increases of less than 1 °C; the tropical ocean surface at the Great Barrier Reef ~5350 years ago was 1 °C warmer and enriched in 18O by 0.5 per mil relative to modern seawater.[3] In terms of the global average, temperatures were probably colder than present day (depending on estimates of latitude dependence and seasonality in response patterns). While temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere were warmer than average during the summers, the tropics and areas of the Southern Hemisphere were colder than average.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_thermal_maximum

From the same article: "Research indicates that the Arctic had substantially less sea ice during this period compared to present."[ "NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice News". National Snow and Ice Data Center. Retrieved 15 May 2009.]

and

"The Hans Tausen Iskappe (ice cap) in Peary Land (northern Greenland) was drilled in 1977 with a new deep drill to 325 m. The ice core contained distinct melt layers all the way to bedrock indicating that Hans Tausen Iskappe contains no ice from the last glaciation; i.e., the world’s northernmost ice cap melted away during the post-glacial climatic optimum and was rebuilt when the climate got colder some 4000 years ago.[Dansgaard W. Frozen Annals Greenland Ice Sheet Research. Odder, Denmark: Narayana Press. p. 124. ISBN 87-990078-0-0.]

Did you even read your own link? I highlighted the important part. See how much warmer it was ? DO YOU SEE THAT? If what you guys claim will happen with a mere one degree C rise, why didn't it happen with a 4 degree C rise? Hmmmmm?

The Holocene Climate Optimum warm event consisted of increases of up to 4 °C near the North Pole (in one study, winter warming of 3 to 9 °C and summer of 2 to 6 °C in northern central Siberia).[1] The northwest of Europe experienced warming, while there was cooling in the south.[

using high freq trading (AKA-legalized theft) does NOT a good analogy make :rofl: You're funny. :) You must have forgot about that time that the market lost 20%+ in one day and they couldn't figure out why.

Last edited:
Already here deniers: ESRL News: Carbon Dioxide at Mauna Loa reaches new milestone: Tops 400 ppm

anyone know how long ago the last time we reached 400 ppm?

Who cares. CO2 has no effect on the climate. Now you can go away.

So say you. But all the real scientists state otherwise. There is not one Scientific Society, not one National Academy of Science, and not one major University that agrees with you. Anywhere in the whole world.
And there is not one piece of evidence from any of those same institutions that can say anything about 400PPM as being causal to warmer temperatures. And nothing to say that warmer temperatures is bad.

Forum List

Back