'400 Church Leaders [MAY] Resign Because Ashley Madison Hack '

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

The Ashley Madison hack will have a serious effect on churches. According to Ed Stetzer, as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members may resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.

In a post on his Christianity Today blog, The Exchange, Stetzer said the number is based on “conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada,” adding, “To be honest, the number of pastors and church leaders on Ashley Madison is much lower than the number of those looking to have an affair.” Along with being a contributing editor for CT, author and professor, Stetzer is the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership. He is also the executive editor of the Christian leadership publication Facts & Trends. All that to say, Stetzer is well-informed, and his number is likely accurate. Former social conservative lobbyist and Christian reality TV star Josh Duggar and Christian vlogger Sam Rader recently released their own statements, acknowledging that they were both users of the site, which facilitates adultery.

Read more at Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

Couldn't find where anyone else had posted this.

Good thing so many people have "spiritual leaders" they can go to for advice on their marriage problems.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good, lets get rid of these people that pretend to be Christians

Noel Biderman

Yes, Jews are bad news, and we wonder why they get kicked out of countries. Adultery breaks up marriages, it does not save them.

Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

The Ashley Madison hack will have a serious effect on churches. According to Ed Stetzer, as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members may resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.

In a post on his Christianity Today blog, The Exchange, Stetzer said the number is based on “conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada,” adding, “To be honest, the number of pastors and church leaders on Ashley Madison is much lower than the number of those looking to have an affair.” Along with being a contributing editor for CT, author and professor, Stetzer is the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership. He is also the executive editor of the Christian leadership publication Facts & Trends. All that to say, Stetzer is well-informed, and his number is likely accurate. Former social conservative lobbyist and Christian reality TV star Josh Duggar and Christian vlogger Sam Rader recently released their own statements, acknowledging that they were both users of the site, which facilitates adultery.

Read more at Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

Good thing so many people have "spiritual leaders" they can go to for advice on their marriage problems.

Yo, those damn phony Democrat Preachers? Sounds like they took after Anthony Weiner? :ahole-1:

"GTP"
Pervert Below:
nypost_weiner_resigns_560 (1).jpg

400 cross groveling leaders? I bet more will be outted, then they can ask jebus to forgive them.. ....for getting caught

Heal in the name of jebus!!

Those are just the 400 who were stupid enough to use their own names and email accounts.

And I have no doubt whatsoever that their congregations are filled with plenty of parishioners who also had accounts.

400 cross groveling leaders? I bet more will be outted, then they can ask jebus to forgive them.. ....for getting caught

Heal in the name of jebus!!
I agree. :mad-61: lol

This is prolly just the proverbial (pun intended) tip o' the iceberg

this Ashley Madison thing is silly-----why does it get so much attention?

Because some people believe that the very personal lives of others is their business and should be under their control.

Sex, birth control, abortion, marriage ... If between consenting adults, people need to MYOB.

I hear Biden's son is in trouble over it.

Some people are fools. And there are consequences for doing stupid things.

Well from what I can tell this is just a claim from whomever this Ed Stetzer guy is. His post doesn't cite any supporting data aside from his own conversations. That's not worth a whole lot. Now to be sure there were priests and pastors outed. They are human like anyone else, and there is sure to be some fallout, but I'll be surprised to see a mass resignation of 400 of them this Sunday. Looks to me to be more of a case of some guy trying to make a name for himself

Well from what I can tell this is just a claim from whomever this Ed Stetzer guy is. His post doesn't cite any supporting data aside from his own conversations. That's not worth a whole lot. Now to be sure there were priests and pastors outed. They are human like anyone else, and there is sure to be some fallout, but I'll be surprised to see a mass resignation of 400 of them this Sunday. Looks to me to be more of a case of some guy trying to make a name for himself

That's why I added the editorial "[MAY]" to the subject title.

Forum List

Back