40 Years of Class Warfare in One Chart.

Are you telling me..... that you are going to the word of the people who caused the problem... over the facts that already know? Are you saying there were not 8,000 pages of regulations? Because I have already posted direct links to those regulations.

So you can't examine the evidence yourself, but blindly follow what some government agency says? And by the way..... who benefits from this conclusion? Government. See if they came to the conclusion "our policies caused the problem", we would blame government, and people would lose their cushy government agency positions. Can't have that.

Instead let's blame deregulation, and what does that do? Well obviously we need MORE cushy government jobs, MORE lush paid government agencies.

Isn't it funny how when a company says "our product is great", you instantly realize a conflict of interest, but when government says "we need more government", no such ethical question comes to mind? Why do you blindly trust these guys?

I can't find any credible evidence that the problem was lack of regulation. If you have it, share it.

The causes are enumerated here:

Financial crisis of 2007 08 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In short, the problem isn't thousands of pages of regulation but several deregulatory policies.

So, let's go through those.

Jimmy Carter's Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 (DIDMCA) phased out a number of restrictions on banks' financial practices, broadened their lending powers, allowed credit unions and savings and loans to offer checkable deposits, and raised the deposit insurance limit from $40,000 to $100,000 (thereby potentially lessening depositor scrutiny of lenders' risk management policies).​

I'm against FDIC to begin with, and for the reasons given here. However... What's that go to do with sub-prime loans? Mortgage backed securities? Or anything else? There's no evidence that I have seen yet, which shows how this is related.

In October 1982, U.S. President Ronald Reagan signed into law the Garn–St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, which provided for adjustable-rate mortgage loans, began the process of banking deregulation, and contributed to the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980s/early 1990s.
First, why did government do this? Answer, because of the stagflation. Savings and Loans S&Ls had a huge problem with inflation, and interest rates. So they would make a home loan, at a fixed interest rate of say 10%. Then inflation and interest rates would go up to 20%. So the S&L had two bad options. They could pay the 20% interest on deposits, while only earning 10% on their loans... thus losing money.... or they could pay less than the market interest rate, and have all their depositors withdraw their cash, to put in other banks with higher rates. One way they go broke quickly, and the other they go broke slowly.

The ARM, allowed the bank to avoid going bankrupt, even in a jacked up inflation, interest rate environment. It was very need at the time. Today, not so much, just because inflation and interest rates have been so low for almost two decades. But it was different then.

Second, regardless I would deny this was directly related to the 2008 crash, because only a fraction of ARM loans were part of the big crash. They played a part.... yes. I don't deny that. But most of the failures were in other sub-prime loans.

In November 1999, U.S. President Bill Clinton signed into law the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, which repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933. This repeal has been criticized for reducing the separation between commercial banks (which traditionally had fiscally conservative policies) and investment banks (which had a more risk-taking culture).[92][93] However, there is perspective that Glass-Steagall being in effect may not have made any difference at all as the institutions that were greatly affected did not fall under the jurisdiction of the act itself.​

It's not just a "perspective". It's the reality. Countrywide, IndyMac, Wachovia, Bear Stearns, and literally hundreds of others, would not have been affected in any way, had GLB Act never existed. None of them were commercial and investment bank combos.

Also, if that was the problem, then why hasn't the problem started elsewhere in the world? No other country in the world, has ever had the Glass-Staegall type restriction. Canada doesn't. UK doesn't. France, Sweden, all of the EU, or Asia. Singapore, Hong Kong, Tiawan and S.Korea. None have ever had this restriction, and yet the problem started here, not there.

In 2004, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission relaxed the net capital rule, which enabled investment banks to substantially increase the level of debt they were taking on, fueling the growth in mortgage-backed securities supporting subprime mortgages. The SEC has conceded that self-regulation of investment banks contributed to the crisis.​

It's always interesting how when trying to discuss facts, people toss in opinion. What the SEC 'concedes', isn't relevant. What are the facts? The SEC did not just relax the rules, they were regulated. Banks could apply to the SEC for an exemption. The SEC granted a total of 7 banks, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and JP Morgan Chase.

Bear Stears, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, all failed.
Citibank, was in a pinch, but survived.

Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and Morgan Stanley, all had no problem.

If the net capital requirement were the issue, why didn't they all fail? And for that matter, why did all those banks that didn't get exemptions fail? Countrywide, Indymac, Wachovia? Here's the trick: The ones that failed, and Citi, were all involved in sub-prime loans. It wasn't the net capital requirements.

And by the way, Canada's net capital requirements have always been lower. UK is lower. EU, is lower. Most countries have lower capital requirements than the US.

Financial institutions in the shadow banking system are not subject to the same regulation as depository banks, allowing them to assume additional debt obligations relative to their financial cushion or capital base.[97] This was the case despite the Long-Term Capital Management debacle in 1998, where a highly leveraged shadow institution failed with systemic implications.​

But they ARE regulated, it's just not the same regulations. And obviously, if that was the problem, then we should have been having banking melt downs every single year since the 1950s. They have never had to follow the same exact regulations.

And even then, what's this got to do with sub-prime loans? Sub-prime loans are what caused the problem. If there had been no sub-prime loans, there would have been no crash, no matter about the rest of this.

Regulators and accounting standard-setters allowed depository banks such as Citigroup to move significant amounts of assets and liabilities off-balance sheet into complex legal entities called structured investment vehicles, masking the weakness of the capital base of the firm or degree of leverage or risk taken. One news agency estimated that the top four U.S. banks will have to return between $500 billion and $1 trillion to their balance sheets during 2009.[98] This increased uncertainty during the crisis regarding the financial position of the major banks.[99] Off-balance sheet entities were also used by Enron as part of the scandal that brought down that company in 2001​

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. How they move and mix the bad loans, after the loans are made, is focusing on a cracked toe-nail when you have a hole blown through your foot.

And again, this isn't deregulation. If you have to ask permission from the government.... then you are not deregulated lol :D

As early as 1997, Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan fought to keep the derivatives market unregulated.[101] With the advice of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets,[102] the U.S. Congress and President Bill Clinton allowed the self-regulation of the over-the-counter derivatives market when they enacted the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000. Derivatives such as credit default swaps (CDS) can be used to hedge or speculate against particular credit risks without necessarily owning the underlying debt instruments. The volume of CDS outstanding increased 100-fold from 1998 to 2008, with estimates of the debt covered by CDS contracts, as of November 2008, ranging from US$33 to $47 trillion. Total over-the-counter (OTC) derivative notional value rose to $683 trillion by June 2008.[103] Warren Buffett famously referred to derivatives as "financial weapons of mass destruction" in early 2003.
What does this have to do with the cost of tea in China? What does it have to do with anything?

Derivatives were not the problem. Out of the entire derivative market, only a tiny tiny fraction failed, and they were all related to sub-prime loans.... why? Because the sub-prime loans failed.

Credit Default Swaps did not cause people to default on their mortgage payments, did not cause mortgage backed securities with those loans to fail, cause institutions holding those MBS's to fail.

In fact.... many of the investors, purchased CDS's to hedge against the risk of those Mortgage Backed Securities. In other words, they mitigated the effect of the crash, not caused it.

All you are doing is explaining what the government did. You're not countering my arguments.

The fact that what we saw involved only a fraction of the global derivatives market makes matters worse.

Again, there was no problem with the unregulated derivatives market. The problem was with the sub-prime loans, which were regulated.

No, I countered each of your arguments. Every single one of them, in detail. Read it again.

Liar. Shocking you'd ignore all your previous posts then claim victory, lol

Are you telling me..... that you are going to the word of the people who caused the problem... over the facts that already know? Are you saying there were not 8,000 pages of regulations? Because I have already posted direct links to those regulations.

So you can't examine the evidence yourself, but blindly follow what some government agency says? And by the way..... who benefits from this conclusion? Government. See if they came to the conclusion "our policies caused the problem", we would blame government, and people would lose their cushy government agency positions. Can't have that.

Instead let's blame deregulation, and what does that do? Well obviously we need MORE cushy government jobs, MORE lush paid government agencies.

Isn't it funny how when a company says "our product is great", you instantly realize a conflict of interest, but when government says "we need more government", no such ethical question comes to mind? Why do you blindly trust these guys?

I can't find any credible evidence that the problem was lack of regulation. If you have it, share it.

In short, the problem isn't thousands of pages of regulation but several deregulatory policies.

Main cause was the executive branch who not only ignored warnings from the FBI that started in 2004, but fought all 50 states who wanted to better regulate the predatory lenders, who got the thirst of wall street started!

I think it started long before 2004.

Predatory lenders was a tiny fraction of the problem. The biggest source of bad loans were primary lenders, like Countrywide. They were following the government's push for sub-prime loans, and that's what caused the problem.

Liar. And you still haven't answered what Gov't law or regulator required this:

"Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

https://www.dallasfed.org/assets/documents/research/eclett/2007/el0711.pdf

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50% OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

lol

It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it
. More than 84 percent of the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending. These private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year. Out of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006, only one was subject to the usual mortgage laws and regulations. The nonbank underwriters made more than 12 million subprime mortgages with a value of nearly $2 trillion. The lenders who made these were exempt from federal regulations.

Lest We Forget Why We Had A Financial Crisis - Forbes

Wingnutter liar!

I don't even understand the concept that somehow, if the CEO makes more money, that magically everyone has a right to earn more.

It's not even possible.

Say I save up money, and purchase a FastGo food joint. (I made that up). Most of my employees work 40/hr and earn a basic wage, say $8/hr. I earn $100,000 profit, $50,000 goes to overhead and upkeep, and I pocket $50,000.

So I save up the money I earn from the store, and purchase a second store. Exact same math. My take home is now $100,000.

I buy a 3rd, 4th, 5th,..... I soon have 10 FastGo stores. Each store has the exact same math, and I'm earning $500,000 a year.

Can I increase pay 10 times to my employees? No. Because doing that would cause every store to lose money, and I'd end up bankrupt in a year, and the stores would close, and everyone would be unemployed.

Just because my income from own a dozen stores goes up with each additional store, doesn't mean that the individual store has money in their individual budget, to pay all the employees more.

I'm not sure about efficiency, but there are some points about productivity here:

Overworked America 12 Charts That Will Make Your Blood Boil Mother Jones
This one seems informative:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-08%20at%2011.36.19%20AM.png

Why have 1% of Americans appropriated the lion's share of income gains derived from productivity gains?

I'm not sure about efficiency, but there are some points about productivity here:

This one seems informative:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-08%20at%2011.36.19%20AM.png

Why have 1% of Americans appropriated the lion's share of income gains derived from productivity gains?
It's a chart designed to make you assume productivity is tied to income. You could put the average temperature on Mars on this chart and you'd be asking why the 1% appropriated the lion's share of income gains derived from temperature increases on Mars. Your question is based on a strawman.

Where is the other half of the story?

Where is the chart where efficiency of task has increased and driven up productivity?

An increase in productivity != an increase in task value. Unless you are advocating that wage structure should be tied into a merit or piece work scale.

Sorry, but anything posted from mother jones is immediately discarded as untruthful.

The data doesn't come from Mother Jones.

George your chart also assumes that when a poor person becomes "rich" he's now an evil son of a bitch who refuses to pay himself a higher salary. Your chart is nonsensical. One reason the average income is higher, is SHOCK poor people created a shit load of new companies like facebook.

Jimmy Carter's Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 (DIDMCA) phased out a number of restrictions on banks' financial practices, broadened their lending powers, allowed credit unions and savings and loans to offer checkable deposits, and raised the deposit insurance limit from $40,000 to $100,000 (thereby potentially lessening depositor scrutiny of lenders' risk management policies).​

I'm against FDIC to begin with, and for the reasons given here. However... What's that go to do with sub-prime loans? Mortgage backed securities? Or anything else? There's no evidence that I have seen yet, which shows how this is related.

In October 1982, U.S. President Ronald Reagan signed into law the Garn–St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, which provided for adjustable-rate mortgage loans, began the process of banking deregulation, and contributed to the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980s/early 1990s.
First, why did government do this? Answer, because of the stagflation. Savings and Loans S&Ls had a huge problem with inflation, and interest rates. So they would make a home loan, at a fixed interest rate of say 10%. Then inflation and interest rates would go up to 20%. So the S&L had two bad options. They could pay the 20% interest on deposits, while only earning 10% on their loans... thus losing money.... or they could pay less than the market interest rate, and have all their depositors withdraw their cash, to put in other banks with higher rates. One way they go broke quickly, and the other they go broke slowly.

The ARM, allowed the bank to avoid going bankrupt, even in a jacked up inflation, interest rate environment. It was very need at the time. Today, not so much, just because inflation and interest rates have been so low for almost two decades. But it was different then.

Second, regardless I would deny this was directly related to the 2008 crash, because only a fraction of ARM loans were part of the big crash. They played a part.... yes. I don't deny that. But most of the failures were in other sub-prime loans.

In November 1999, U.S. President Bill Clinton signed into law the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, which repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933. This repeal has been criticized for reducing the separation between commercial banks (which traditionally had fiscally conservative policies) and investment banks (which had a more risk-taking culture).[92][93] However, there is perspective that Glass-Steagall being in effect may not have made any difference at all as the institutions that were greatly affected did not fall under the jurisdiction of the act itself.​

It's not just a "perspective". It's the reality. Countrywide, IndyMac, Wachovia, Bear Stearns, and literally hundreds of others, would not have been affected in any way, had GLB Act never existed. None of them were commercial and investment bank combos.

Also, if that was the problem, then why hasn't the problem started elsewhere in the world? No other country in the world, has ever had the Glass-Staegall type restriction. Canada doesn't. UK doesn't. France, Sweden, all of the EU, or Asia. Singapore, Hong Kong, Tiawan and S.Korea. None have ever had this restriction, and yet the problem started here, not there.

In 2004, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission relaxed the net capital rule, which enabled investment banks to substantially increase the level of debt they were taking on, fueling the growth in mortgage-backed securities supporting subprime mortgages. The SEC has conceded that self-regulation of investment banks contributed to the crisis.​

It's always interesting how when trying to discuss facts, people toss in opinion. What the SEC 'concedes', isn't relevant. What are the facts? The SEC did not just relax the rules, they were regulated. Banks could apply to the SEC for an exemption. The SEC granted a total of 7 banks, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and JP Morgan Chase.

If the net capital requirement were the issue, why didn't they all fail? And for that matter, why did all those banks that didn't get exemptions fail? Countrywide, Indymac, Wachovia? Here's the trick: The ones that failed, and Citi, were all involved in sub-prime loans. It wasn't the net capital requirements.

And by the way, Canada's net capital requirements have always been lower. UK is lower. EU, is lower. Most countries have lower capital requirements than the US.

Financial institutions in the shadow banking system are not subject to the same regulation as depository banks, allowing them to assume additional debt obligations relative to their financial cushion or capital base.[97] This was the case despite the Long-Term Capital Management debacle in 1998, where a highly leveraged shadow institution failed with systemic implications.​

But they ARE regulated, it's just not the same regulations. And obviously, if that was the problem, then we should have been having banking melt downs every single year since the 1950s. They have never had to follow the same exact regulations.

And even then, what's this got to do with sub-prime loans? Sub-prime loans are what caused the problem. If there had been no sub-prime loans, there would have been no crash, no matter about the rest of this.

Regulators and accounting standard-setters allowed depository banks such as Citigroup to move significant amounts of assets and liabilities off-balance sheet into complex legal entities called structured investment vehicles, masking the weakness of the capital base of the firm or degree of leverage or risk taken. One news agency estimated that the top four U.S. banks will have to return between $500 billion and $1 trillion to their balance sheets during 2009.[98] This increased uncertainty during the crisis regarding the financial position of the major banks.[99] Off-balance sheet entities were also used by Enron as part of the scandal that brought down that company in 2001​

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. How they move and mix the bad loans, after the loans are made, is focusing on a cracked toe-nail when you have a hole blown through your foot.

And again, this isn't deregulation. If you have to ask permission from the government.... then you are not deregulated lol :D

As early as 1997, Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan fought to keep the derivatives market unregulated.[101] With the advice of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets,[102] the U.S. Congress and President Bill Clinton allowed the self-regulation of the over-the-counter derivatives market when they enacted the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000. Derivatives such as credit default swaps (CDS) can be used to hedge or speculate against particular credit risks without necessarily owning the underlying debt instruments. The volume of CDS outstanding increased 100-fold from 1998 to 2008, with estimates of the debt covered by CDS contracts, as of November 2008, ranging from US$33 to $47 trillion. Total over-the-counter (OTC) derivative notional value rose to $683 trillion by June 2008.[103] Warren Buffett famously referred to derivatives as "financial weapons of mass destruction" in early 2003.
What does this have to do with the cost of tea in China? What does it have to do with anything?

Derivatives were not the problem. Out of the entire derivative market, only a tiny tiny fraction failed, and they were all related to sub-prime loans.... why? Because the sub-prime loans failed.

Credit Default Swaps did not cause people to default on their mortgage payments, did not cause mortgage backed securities with those loans to fail, cause institutions holding those MBS's to fail.

In fact.... many of the investors, purchased CDS's to hedge against the risk of those Mortgage Backed Securities. In other words, they mitigated the effect of the crash, not caused it.

All you are doing is explaining what the government did. You're not countering my arguments.

The fact that what we saw involved only a fraction of the global derivatives market makes matters worse.

Again, there was no problem with the unregulated derivatives market. The problem was with the sub-prime loans, which were regulated.

No, I countered each of your arguments. Every single one of them, in detail. Read it again.

You just admitted that the problem arose from part of the global derivatives market. You also missed the part that various economic crashes worldwide took place stemming from the U.S. crash.

The sub-prime market was not regulated:

Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No, you did not counter my arguments in any way. All you did was explain why the government implemented such policies. In order to counter my arguments, you have to show that such policies did not lead to the 2008 crash, and you did not do that.

As you keep making multiple mistakes in each of your posts, I don't see why I should bother responding to them.

Now adding you to my ignore list.

You just admitted that the problem arose from part of the global derivatives market. You also missed the part that various economic crashes worldwide took place stemming from the U.S. crash.

No, you did not counter my arguments in any way. All you did was explain why the government implemented such policies. In order to counter my arguments, you have to show that such policies did not lead to the 2008 crash, and you did not do that.

As you keep making multiple mistakes in each of your posts, I don't see why I should bother responding to them.

No, that's not what I said. I said the problem was with sub-prime loans.

And yes I did counter.

I don't know how else to say what I said, in a way that you can grasp it. Either you are incapable, or unwilling to understand the argument.

Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 had nothing to do with the sub-prime crash. Nothing. Not one aspect of that bill, would have stopped or prevented a single aspect of the sub-prime loans, or the resulting crash.

Garn–St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, prevented a crash. It allowed S&Ls to have adjustable rate loans, that without, they would have all gone under. Again, would not have prevented sub-prime loans, nor the crash of 2008.

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, would not have prevented anything. It would not have prevent sub-prime loans, or the crash, nor would it have prevented the vast majority of banks from failing. It did nothing of any significance regarding the topic at hand.

Securities and Exchange Commission relaxed the net capital rule, did not prevent, nor cause sub-prime loans, or the resulting crash. Had the rule never been enacted, absolutely nothing would have changed. The banks that failed, were those involved in sub-prime loans, and those that didn't, didn't. The net capital requirement had no effect either way, and most of the rest of the world, does not have the net capital rules we did, including Canada, which didn't have a single failure.

Shadow banking system, did not cause sub-prime loans, nor would have prevented them. Completely irrelevant.

Regulators and accounting standard-setters allowed depository banks such as Citigroup to move significant amounts of assets and liabilities off-balance sheet into complex legal entities called structured investment vehicles, which did nothing either way. The loans had already been made, were already failing, and the system was already crashing. Again, what they did with the loans, is irrelevant once the toxic loans are made. It was not a cause of the crash.

Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan fought to keep the derivatives market unregulated. And, the unregulated derivatives market did not fail. You can't show me any example of such. The only market that crashed, was sub-prime mortgage backed securities which are in fact regulated.

Even if they had regulated all derivatives.... it would have made absolutely no difference at all. Derivatives did not cause bad loans to be made, nor would have prevented them from failing.

No, if you want more details, then read the full post. Otherwise, I have countered every single claim, they are all crap. All of them. Every single one.

No, that's not what I said. I said the problem was with sub-prime loans.

And yes I did counter.

I don't know how else to say what I said, in a way that you can grasp it. Either you are incapable, or unwilling to understand the argument.

Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 had nothing to do with the sub-prime crash. Nothing. Not one aspect of that bill, would have stopped or prevented a single aspect of the sub-prime loans, or the resulting crash.

Garn–St. Germain Depository Institutions Act, prevented a crash. It allowed S&Ls to have adjustable rate loans, that without, they would have all gone under. Again, would not have prevented sub-prime loans, nor the crash of 2008.

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, would not have prevented anything. It would not have prevent sub-prime loans, or the crash, nor would it have prevented the vast majority of banks from failing. It did nothing of any significance regarding the topic at hand.

Securities and Exchange Commission relaxed the net capital rule, did not prevent, nor cause sub-prime loans, or the resulting crash. Had the rule never been enacted, absolutely nothing would have changed. The banks that failed, were those involved in sub-prime loans, and those that didn't, didn't. The net capital requirement had no effect either way, and most of the rest of the world, does not have the net capital rules we did, including Canada, which didn't have a single failure.

Shadow banking system, did not cause sub-prime loans, nor would have prevented them. Completely irrelevant.

Regulators and accounting standard-setters allowed depository banks such as Citigroup to move significant amounts of assets and liabilities off-balance sheet into complex legal entities called structured investment vehicles, which did nothing either way. The loans had already been made, were already failing, and the system was already crashing. Again, what they did with the loans, is irrelevant once the toxic loans are made. It was not a cause of the crash.

Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan fought to keep the derivatives market unregulated. And, the unregulated derivatives market did not fail. You can't show me any example of such. The only market that crashed, was sub-prime mortgage backed securities which are in fact regulated.

Even if they had regulated all derivatives.... it would have made absolutely no difference at all. Derivatives did not cause bad loans to be made, nor would have prevented them from failing.

No, if you want more details, then read the full post. Otherwise, I have countered every single claim, they are all crap. All of them. Every single one.

Your ability to ignore posts and comments that blow your thesis out the window, is again noted Bubba

Examining the big lie: How the facts of the economic crisis stack up

•The boom and bust was global. Proponents of the Big Lie ignore the worldwide nature of the housing boom and bust.

A McKinsey Global Institute report noted “from 2000 through 2007, a remarkable run-up in global home prices occurred.” It is highly unlikely that a simultaneous boom and bust everywhere else in the world was caused by one set of factors (ultra-low rates, securitized AAA-rated subprime, derivatives) but had a different set of causes in the United States. Indeed, this might be the biggest obstacle to pushing the false narrative. How did U.S. regulations against redlining in inner cities also cause a boom in Spain, Ireland and Australia? How can we explain the boom occurring in countries that do not have a tax deduction for mortgage interest or government-sponsored enterprises? And why, after nearly a century of mortgage interest deduction in the United States, did it suddenly cause a crisis?

These questions show why proximity and statistical validity are so important.

Nonbank mortgage underwriting exploded from 2001 to 2007, along with the private label securitization market, which eclipsed Fannie and Freddie during the boom.

Private lenders not subject to congressional regulations collapsed lending standards.

Examining the big lie How the facts of the economic crisis stack up - The Washington Post

It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it.

Marxist parrot blames private sector business but not private people who took out mortgages they could not afford? But wait, their was no risk to anyone anyway because the liberal Fed always made prices go up. In worst case everyone could sell at a profit thanks to Greenspan Put.

What is dumbto 3's solution: magical soviet regulation of housing and everything else in economy because the pure illiterate thinks it worked so well in the USSR.

It's a chart designed to make you assume productivity is tied to income. You could put the average temperature on Mars on this chart and you'd be asking why the 1% appropriated the lion's share of income gains derived from temperature increases on Mars. Your question is based on a strawman.
What's your understanding of the relationship between pay and productivity?
"A key to understanding this growth of income inequality—and the disappointing increases in workers’ wages and compensation and middle-class incomes—is understanding the divergence of pay and productivity. Productivity growth has risen substantially over the last few decades but the hourly compensation of the typical worker has seen much more modest growth, especially in the last 10 years or so.

"The gap between productivity and the compensation growth for the typical worker has been larger in the 'lost decade' since the early 2000s than at any point in the post-World War II period. In contrast, productivity and the compensation of the typical worker grew in tandem over the early postwar period until the 1970s."

The wedges between productivity and median compensation growth Economic Policy Institute

What's your understanding of the relationship between pay and productivity?
"A key to understanding this growth of income inequality—and the disappointing increases in workers’ wages and compensation and middle-class incomes—is understanding the divergence of pay and productivity. Productivity growth has risen substantially over the last few decades but the hourly compensation of the typical worker has seen much more modest growth, especially in the last 10 years or so.

"The gap between productivity and the compensation growth for the typical worker has been larger in the 'lost decade' since the early 2000s than at any point in the post-World War II period. In contrast, productivity and the compensation of the typical worker grew in tandem over the early postwar period until the 1970s."

The wedges between productivity and median compensation growth Economic Policy Institute
Nonsense. Why should a guy driving a massive train be paid 100 times more than a guy driving a truck?

Nonsense. Why should a guy driving a massive train be paid 100 times more than a guy driving a truck?
Maybe the massive train's chugging around Mars, where the average temperature is about -80 degrees F.

What justifies an earthly CEO earning 331 times as much as average workers and 774 times as much as minimum wage workers?

Maybe the massive train's chugging around Mars, where the average temperature is about -80 degrees F.

What justifies an earthly CEO earning 331 times as much as average workers and 774 times as much as minimum wage workers?

It doesn't need justified. It's his company. Not yours. You don't even have the right to comment on the wages of another person. It's none of your business.

See, this right here, is the fundamentals of Leftist. It's all about greed FOR YOU. It's all about Envy, FOR YOU. Because YOU are the greedy envious person.

Why do I care how much Warren Buffet makes? Do I find new clothes, and a new car out front, if Warren Buffet makes $100K less this year? Do I wake up and find my car is suddenly a Geo Metro, because Warren Buffet made $100K more this year?

No. What happens to Buffet has no effect on me at all.

You people are the greedy people. You people are the ones who goes around shoving their nose up everyone's butt, claiming they shouldn't be doing this or that, and somehow you magically deserve more.

Well... you don't. The very fact you are so worried about what everyone else makes, instead of dealing with your own business, shows me you DO NOT deserve even what you do have.

Freedom of course! The CEO agreed to settle for that salary while the owners agreed to pay it! Liberals are anti-science. Liberals are naturally violent and want to prevent this freedom at the point of a gun. They don't have the IQ to know that the differences between people enable evolution or that a guy who can run an internatinal high tech company is worth more than a guy who can serve burgers..

Forum List

Back