40 Years of Class Warfare in One Chart.

Where did I blame the poor? WTF kind of drugs are
You question whether the bottom fifty percent of US earners are pulling their weight, right? What does the following chart tell you about the earnings of the bottom fifty percent?
outofbalance.jpg

Do you see how the bottom 40% of earners disappear in the Actual Distribution of Wealth? How much in taxes should these people pay in order "to pull their weight."

Still doesn't matter. It's not up to everyone else, to make your wage increase. It's up to you do something that has more value.

As for the survey, no one cares. My employee is not sitting around reading the opinion section, to determine how much to pay his employees, and nor should he, or anyone else.

When I hire someone to work on my car, I don't pull up mother jones to consider how much I should pay.

What moron even cites Mother jones anyway....

unnamed1.png

"Productivity in the economy grew by 80.4 percent between 1973 and 2011 but the growth of real hourly compensation of the median worker grew by far less, just 10.7 percent….

"The pattern was very different from 1948 to 1973, when the hourly compensation of a typical worker grew in tandem with productivity.

"Reestablishing the link between productivity and pay of the typical worker is an essential component of any effort to provide shared prosperity and, in fact, may be necessary for obtaining robust growth without relying on asset bubbles and increased household debt."

40 Years of Economic Policy in One Chart CounterPunch Tells the Facts Names the Names

In the 1970s wages detached from productivity and the richest among us began using their newly acquired wealth to reduce taxes on capital, role back regulations, break unions, "and induce their shady Central Bank buddies to keep interest rates locked below the rate of inflation so they could cream hefty profits off gigantic asset bubbles."

Mission Accomplished?

What happened in 1980?

We made a comittment to supply side economics
Maybe the wrong side got supplies? :dunno:

Maybe the wrong side got supplies?
FDR thought so:

"'The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is Fascism—ownership of Government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.' (Franklin D. Roosevelt: “Message to Congress on Curbing Monopolies.,” April 29, 1938. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project."

40 Years of Economic Policy in One Chart CounterPunch Tells the Facts Names the Names

What moron even cites Mother jones anyway.
Mother Jones knows the difference between wages and wealth; what's your excuse, Moron?

Fox News has a higher credibility level than Mother Jones. You'd be better off getting advice from The Moscow Times, over Mother Jones. Even the Russian controlled media has better quality and fact checking than Mother Jones.

"'The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself.

That's really really stupid and liberal and 100% backwards given that our Founding principal was that the state had been the ultimate evil throughout history, and that was before Hitler, Stalin(Uncle Joe to FDR) and Mao. It's no surprise that liberals spied for HItler and Stalin. THey represent the state that brainless liberals love so much.

Fox News has a higher credibility level than Mother Jones. You'd be better off getting advice from The Moscow Times, over Mother Jones. Even the Russian controlled media has better quality and fact checking than Mother Jones.

"A huge share of the nation's economic growth over the past 30 years has gone to the top one-hundredth of one percent, who now make an average of $27 million per household. The average income for the bottom 90 percent of us? $31,244."
ineqbubbles_040512.gif

Spot any facts that need checking?
It s the Inequality Stupid Mother Jones

Yeah, and the rest of the world has much higher unemployment than we do
Got a link?

EU unemployment rate - Google Search

You talk about stuff as if you know something....... how many seconds did it take me to punch in "EU unemployment rate" into Google.

If you are this ignorant......... you shouldn't even be discussing this. Go learn something, and stop wasting EVERYONE'S time.
It was YOU who claimed: "Yeah, and the rest of the world has much higher unemployment that we do." Why would you say something that stupid without first consulting Google?

There are endless examples of government screwing over business. Endless. None of which would have happened if business really controlled politics.
Money controls politics and big business generates more money than any other private institution.
U.S._Compensation_as_Percent_of_GDP_-_v1.png

Or do you imagine big business believes in Democracy?

"In the United States, several of the characteristics described by Phelps are apparent. With regard to income inequality, the 2014 income analysis of University of California, Berkeley economist Emmanuel Saez confirms that relative growth of income and wealth is not occurring among small and mid-sized entrepreneurs and business owners (who generally populate the lower half of top one per-centers in income),[25] but instead only among the top .1 percent of income distribution ... whom Paul Krugman describes as 'super-elites - corporate bigwigs and financial wheeler-dealers.'[26][27]... who earn $2,000,000 or more every year.[28][29"

Corporatocracy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

"A huge share of the nation's economic growth over the past 30 years has gone to the top one-hundredth of one percent, who now make an average of $27 million per household. The average income for the bottom 90 percent of us? $31,244."
ineqbubbles_040512.gif

Spot any facts that need checking?
It s the Inequality Stupid Mother Jones

Not at all. It's still only a moron that cites Mother Jones. Fox News has far better credibility.

But no, I agree with all of that. I just don't have a problem with it. The people who produce all the wealth, should make the most money.

All the wealth that the bottom 50% has, all of it, only exists because rich people made it.

There are endless examples of government screwing over business. Endless. None of which would have happened if business really controlled politics.
Money controls politics and big business generates more money than any other private institution.

"In the United States, several of the characteristics described by Phelps are apparent. With regard to income inequality, the 2014 income analysis of University of California, Berkeley economist Emmanuel Saez confirms that relative growth of income and wealth is not occurring among small and mid-sized entrepreneurs and business owners (who generally populate the lower half of top one per-centers in income),[25] but instead only among the top .1 percent of income distribution ... whom Paul Krugman describes as 'super-elites - corporate bigwigs and financial wheeler-dealers.'[26][27]... who earn $2,000,000 or more every year.[28][29"

Dude, I don't believe in Democracy. We were never supposed to be a Democracy.

Democracy, is the rule of the ignorant. You are proving that with this very thread.

You don't know how anything in this economy is made, but want to control it? That right there is the fundamental result of Democracy.

Again, you are still wrong. The government has screwed over corporations over and over. Half the stuff we have regulated by our government, wouldn't be if business controlled the government. You are just flat out wrong. You can post all the crap you want, but it will never prove anything, because we can see the reality in all the endless regulations we have. Hundreds of thousands of regulations... oh but business controls them. Bull crap. You are just full of it.

Got a link?

You talk about stuff as if you know something....... how many seconds did it take me to punch in "EU unemployment rate" into Google.

If you are this ignorant......... you shouldn't even be discussing this. Go learn something, and stop wasting EVERYONE'S time.
It was YOU who claimed: "Yeah, and the rest of the world has much higher unemployment that we do." Why would you say something that stupid without first consulting Google?

I've known this for ages. I consulted far more than google. YOU should have. It makes you look as ignorant as you apparently are.

Got a link?

I've known this for ages. I consulted far more than google. YOU should have. It makes you look as ignorant as you apparently are.

Your projection noted Bubba

Dude, I don't believe in Democracy. We were never supposed to be a Democracy.

Democracy, is the rule of the ignorant. You are proving that with this very thread.

You don't know how anything in this economy is made, but want to control it? That right there is the fundamental result of Democracy.

Again, you are still wrong. The government has screwed over corporations over and over. Half the stuff we have regulated by our government, wouldn't be if business controlled the government. You are just flat out wrong. You can post all the crap you want, but it will never prove anything, because we can see the reality in all the endless regulations we have. Hundreds of thousands of regulations... oh but business controls them. Bull crap. You are just full of it.

Weird how the US is by far thew worlds largest economy and the systems that are nearer your Ayn Randian fetishism, are the 3rd world nations!

Forum List

Back