BLS report shows 7.5% decline in productivity, sharpest drop since 1947

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2020
All the gaslighting from MSM & their lefty sycophants can't change facts on the ground. All their BS about a good economy is just that- BS.
Our economy is in recession, we're in stagflation territory & we haven't seen govt bumbling this bad since the days of Carter.
For Jimmy, it was just plain incompetence. With Joe, he's not even calling the shots & this is all part of the NWO plan.
Can't have a reset in a world where America & our traditional love of freedom is still the dominant power.
We are in a new unacknowledged Cold War with globalists trying to distract us in Ukraine like a cheap magician waving an empty hand.

"Productivity declined even though overall hours worked increased by 5.5 percent, based on the BLS report."
"At the same time, business unit labor costs, or how much a business has to pay to produce one unit of output, increased by 11.6 percent. This is the largest single increase since 1982."
"Hourly compensation, or the average amount of wages and benefits paid to employees, increased by 3.2 percent. However, real wages actually dropped because inflation-adjusted compensation fell by 5.5 percent."
“Since inflation is running at an 8.5 percent annual rate, the United States is entering a period of stagflation, in which stagnant growth is combined with persistent inflation. The last time we saw this was in the late 1970s. Is President Joe Biden the new Jimmy Carter?”

All the gaslighting from MSM & their lefty sycophants can't change facts on the ground. All their BS about a good economy is just that- BS.
Our economy is in recession, we're in stagflation territory & we haven't seen govt bumbling this bad since the days of Carter.
For Jimmy, it was just plain incompetence. With Joe, he's not even calling the shots & this is all part of the NWO plan.
Can't have a reset in a world where America & our traditional love of freedom is still the dominant power.
We are in a new unacknowledged Cold War with globalists trying to distract us in Ukraine like a cheap magician waving an empty hand.

"Productivity declined even though overall hours worked increased by 5.5 percent, based on the BLS report."
"At the same time, business unit labor costs, or how much a business has to pay to produce one unit of output, increased by 11.6 percent. This is the largest single increase since 1982."
"Hourly compensation, or the average amount of wages and benefits paid to employees, increased by 3.2 percent. However, real wages actually dropped because inflation-adjusted compensation fell by 5.5 percent."
“Since inflation is running at an 8.5 percent annual rate, the United States is entering a period of stagflation, in which stagnant growth is combined with persistent inflation. The last time we saw this was in the late 1970s. Is President Joe Biden the new Jimmy Carter?”

It was worse during Nixon.

So a 60 year old employee with enough credits decides eff it, I'm done and they replace him with a 24 year old who can't stop texting long enough to work. Of course productivity is going to fall.

American workers work more than hard enough. The new generation is remarkably productive. The article is a load of garbage.

So a 60 year old employee with enough credits decides eff it, I'm done and they replace him with a 24 year old who can't stop texting long enough to work. Of course productivity is going to fall.
Yep, the wife said No Mas to it all and retired from a .gov agency when the covid was winding down....If she had a dollar for the number of times they have called and tried to get her back we could buy us a couple of pounds of "Biden priced" bacon. ;)

They told her it was a total cluster-fuck because so many had retired and the replacements can't do the job.

Oh well.....That's what happens when you try to replace GS-12s with GS-7s I guess.

Alot of people retired. It has only helped the country. I'd never remain in work "for the good of the country" if I were of retirement age.

Worker productivity is in a constant state of flux with so many factors impacting it, including hiring more people which brings it down till they are better at their jobs.

1652095984732.png

Why did you not make a thread last quarter when it was up 6.3%

Worker productivity is in a constant state of flux with so many factors impacting it, including hiring more people which brings it down till they are better at their jobs.

View attachment 642278

Why did you not make a thread last quarter when it was up 6.3%
You know what else has a major impact? An dementia victim in a diaper without a clue in the WH. Uniparty corruption in favor of globalization over domestic productivity. Idiotic economic, energy & medical policies.
Funny that productivity didn't tank at all with DT in charge, even during the worst rona restrictions but took a dive once the pedo was installed

You know what else has a major impact? An dementia victim in a diaper without a clue in the WH.

Actually not really. Who is sitting in the White House has never impacted how well I do my job and how productive I am. Why do you allow the POTUS to impact you in such a way?

Funny that productivity didn't tank at all with DT in charge, even during the worst rona restrictions but took a dive once the pedo was installed

It has not tanked now. This is one quarter, next quarter if it is up will you be on here praising Biden?

If you look at the chart I copied for you, you will see that the largest increase in productivity since the 70s took place during the worst of the COVID restrictions as there were fewer people working.

Do you even know how productivity is measured?

Should it be expected that a GS-7 be just as well trained and productive as the 12 they replaced?
No but it's the .gov we are talking about here......From what I understand a middle management slag thought it would be a good idea to do that....Worked out for her as she got promoted for "saving money".

Of course now they are trying to get the old heads back to unfuck things.....One of my wife's retired ex co-workers went back and did not last a week. She told them straight up it would take her months to fix what was messed-up and it was not worth the stress.

No but it's the .gov we are talking about here......From what I understand a middle management slag thought it would be a good idea to do that....Worked out for her as she got promoted for "saving money".

Of course now they are trying to get the old heads back to unfuck things.....One of my wife's retired ex co-workers went back and did not last a week. She told them straight up it would take her months to fix what was messed-up and it was not worth the stress.

It is weird they were able to get rid of her and the other 12s so they could replace them with 7s.

American workers work more than hard enough. The new generation is remarkably productive. The article is a load of garbage.
So we should ignore the Bureau of Labor Statistics and believe whatever you say instead?
OK

So we should ignore the Bureau of Labor Statistics and believe whatever you say instead?
OK

you should not cherry pick one quarter and pretend it is anything more than just one down quarter.

Why was nobody praising the current admin and the American worker when productivity was up more than 6% the previous quarter?

It is weird they were able to get rid of her and the other 12s so they could replace them with 7s.
They lost all of the GS-12s to retirement. All I know of were well past retirement age and maxxed-out as a GS-12s and after working totally from home for the better part of three years they just decided that they no longer wanted to go back into the office and "hot desk" a couple days a week. I know my wife had zero interest in it. Easy decision on her part.

Actually not really. Who is sitting in the White House has never impacted how well I do my job and how productive I am. Why do you allow the POTUS to impact you in such a way?

It has not tanked now. This is one quarter, next quarter if it is up will you be on here praising Biden?

If you look at the chart I copied for you, you will see that the largest increase in productivity since the 70s took place during the worst of the COVID restrictions as there were fewer people working.

Do you even know how productivity is measured?
Praising the diaper man for record inflation, crashing supply chains & food shortages? That's rich!!
Decisions made in DC absolutely have an impact & saying they have none shows your ignorance.
Productivity is measured by dividing GDP by hours worked. Did you know that?

Forum List

Back