40 years, a trillion dollars, zero results.

more people are addicted to and die from prescription medications than the organic psychotropes that are the focus of the drug war. when countries like the UK and the Netherlands have experimented with legalization of heroin, they found the crime rate and addiction rate to drop.

the drug war, like all other wars, is a fraud and only serves to enrich the people who finance it.

So your solution to people dying from prescription drugs is to make things worse?:cuckoo:

i haven't proposed any solution. just made a statement of fact.

the entire approach to food and drugs by the united states government needs a serious overhaul.

organic substances that have been medicine for thousands of years are suddenly demonized in the last century and replaced with synthetic analogs that are more dangerous and nowhere near as effective as the drug they replaced.

my favorite example is valium which is a patented analog of the active ingredient in valerian root. i don't have the current figures but there are millions of people addicted to valium and lots of suicides by overdose. if you have ever smelled or tasted valerian root tea you would know that abuse of that substance is unlikely --- shit smells and tastes like dirty old socks but a pill goes down easy.

cui bono? follow the money and you will see giant pharmaceutical houses and drug kingpins making mountains of it at the expense of everybody else's health and safety.

Nowhere near as effective? What have you been smoking??

So your solution to people dying from prescription drugs is to make things worse?:cuckoo:

the entire approach to food and drugs by the united states government needs a serious overhaul.

organic substances that have been medicine for thousands of years are suddenly demonized in the last century and replaced with synthetic analogs that are more dangerous and nowhere near as effective as the drug they replaced.

my favorite example is valium which is a patented analog of the active ingredient in valerian root. i don't have the current figures but there are millions of people addicted to valium and lots of suicides by overdose. if you have ever smelled or tasted valerian root tea you would know that abuse of that substance is unlikely --- shit smells and tastes like dirty old socks but a pill goes down easy.

cui bono? follow the money and you will see giant pharmaceutical houses and drug kingpins making mountains of it at the expense of everybody else's health and safety.

All Heil to Rabblerouser, King Fool of the USMB!

You are a moron, pure and simple.

First conviction=rehab
Second conviction=death penalty.
Problems solved.

Any questions?

Oh Yes.

Definetely. I don't think to many people would want to deal in drugs if the death penalty was the punishment.

I think its Singapore that has this in effect in their country.

Guess what?? No drug dealers, buyers, no drugs period.
Holland has legal pot and no problems.

I say I dont want society to become involved with addiction. The opposite. I want society to be free of addiction. I want people to spend their time and money on something productive, instead of getting high and killing each others and themselves.
In short, I don't want the average intelligence of this society to approach yours.

more people are addicted to and die from prescription medications than the organic psychotropes that are the focus of the drug war. when countries like the UK and the Netherlands have experimented with legalization of heroin, they found the crime rate and addiction rate to drop.

the drug war, like all other wars, is a fraud and only serves to enrich the people who finance it.

No..his point is that

Abusers of one type of drug fill our prisons

Abusers of prescription drugs are conservative talk show hosts

First conviction=rehab
Problems solved.

Any questions?

Oh Yes.

Definetely. I don't think to many people would want to deal in drugs if the death penalty was the punishment.

A Conservative's wet dream, Singapore.

lots of different things, even ceremonial mixtures.

prior to the marijuana prohibition, cannabis preparations were recommended by physicians and pharmacists for more ailments more often than any other substance. the plant has been intimately associated with the evolution of human society throughout recorded history.

cannabis products have been made illegal in an act of economic warfare based on the law that says nobody may hold a patent on a natural process. no pharmaceutical house has ever been able to synthesize an analog that can safely produce comparable pharmacologic effects.

First conviction=rehab
Problems solved.

Any questions?

Oh Yes.

No problems?? Holland is the largest trans-shipment point for illegal drugs in Europe. Look at Misha Glenny's excellent book McMafia on organized crime in the world and see what he says there.

Agreed.

Problem is, the "War on Drugs" has created a HUGE governmental jobs program that the liberals love, while at the same time, gives conservatives a moral fight they like to hang their hats on.

And within those two wrongs, the common sense of completely dismantling this waste of a trillion dollars and counting is lost...

Sorry, you can't blame the liberals for this one.

Nice try, though.

like obama saying legalizing weed is off the table?

No..his point is that

OK, so now you are hearing things, seeing things, and reading things that don't exist. Ididnt see anything about talk show hosts in his post.

The well known fact that drugs can kill you doesn't seem to deter the addicts, nor does the prospect of being killed by rivals deter the dealers. Draconian punishments have been tried in the past. They don't work.

What we need is a more rational drug policy, starting with legalization of non addictive substances like pot, and following by treating addiction as a medical problem, not a legal one.

But, as has already been pointed out, a lot of people make a lot of money from the drug wars. It's the money that makes it difficult to stop.

Nope.
China had a terrible opium problem from the 19th century until the communist revolution. Now they don't. What happened? They instituted what I posted above.
Yup, it works.

I suppose if we had the same sort of government that they have in China, it just might. I'd rather live in a free country, though, even if the government isn't able to solve the drug problem.

its not the govermenst place or right to continue the war on rugs

No..his point is that

OK, so now you are hearing things, seeing things, and reading things that don't exist. Ididnt see anything about talk show hosts in his post.
no, but we could work rush dimbulb into this with a few statistics on socio-economic and racial indicators viz a viz sentencing policy and procedures if you'd like.

Oh Yes.

No problems?? Holland is the largest trans-shipment point for illegal drugs in Europe. Look at Misha Glenny's excellent book McMafia on organized crime in the world and see what he says there.

Because there are illegal markets elsewhere. Don't mix up Holland's laws with the transport of illegal drugs out of the country. That does not compute.

what gives the government the power to tell people what they can or cannot put into their body?

Commerce Clause.
Any questions?

and when it doesn't cross state lines? and what about when someone grows it for personal use?

blue, the flabbiRabbi will answer your legitimate question with a question or two of his own. He cannot debate logic with logic. Sad but true.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Where Rabbi got his drug policy from..

reefer_madness.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back