4 of the GOP candates said god 'told them' to run...

you should compare the number of dems and repubs in congress who were or still are active military

NONE of the members of Congress can legally be ACTIVE duty. You realize that right?

Lets say ex nmilitary then.
Any numbers?

Of course Newt is a vet?
Cain? Wasn't he some kind of contractor/consultant?
One of the rights favorites, Rove?
Bachman?

Yep Paul is. And so is Perry, he flew cargo planes.

Don't besmirch cargo planes.

I never understood how one being religious was only bad if they were Republicans.

How many Democrats running for President are saying god wants them to run? Let's talk about them for a little bit, shall we?

Who the fuck cares? Unless someone said their cat told them to run how is it even important?

By the way? God doesn't care about secular Governments. He is going to establish his own Divine Government when he returns.

NONE of the members of Congress can legally be ACTIVE duty. You realize that right?

Lets say ex nmilitary then.
Any numbers?

Of course Newt is a vet?
Cain? Wasn't he some kind of contractor/consultant?
One of the rights favorites, Rove?
Bachman?

Yep Paul is. And so is Perry, he flew cargo planes.

Don't besmirch cargo planes.

True I apologize to cargo planes for associating Perry with them/

I never understood how one being religious was only bad if they were Republicans.

How many Democrats running for President are saying god wants them to run? Let's talk about them for a little bit, shall we?

Who the fuck cares? Unless someone said their cat told them to run how is it even important?

By the way? God doesn't care about secular Governments. He is going to establish his own Divine Government when he returns.

Ah, I see.....:lol::lol:

Really, why are you knocking people for saying God told them to. What would you be saying if they said Allah or Saten or, God forbid, Obama told them to run!?!?!?

allah is still 'god' to some, and it would worry me no matter the religion

The issue isn’t being religious per se, it’s acting on it.

Actually they just ignore their own when it comes to religion and politics. Black churches preach from the pulpit in support of Democratic candidates and the left doesn't mind that.

If republicans/conservatives could only do the same, every thing would be fine.

Well, clearly God told multiple candidates to run because there is a divine interest in a vigorously contested Republican primary. Or perhaps at least some claims of particularized divine mandate are false.

I don't have any particular problem with candidates using explicitly religious language, but those who use it the most tend to support policies I oppose.

The issue isn’t being religious per se, it’s acting on it.

Actually they just ignore their own when it comes to religion and politics. Black churches preach from the pulpit in support of Democratic candidates and the left doesn't mind that.
If republicans/conservatives could only do the same, every thing would be fine.

If you truly are you can't help BUT act on it
:eusa_pray:

Wonder how much protest there was when the original GW invoked God's name?

If you truly are you can't help BUT act on it

That depends on what your definition of is is.

I don't think he was referring to "acting on it" in terms of one's private life. I think he wsa referring to governance based on religious tenants or ideals.

The dems always manage to stay out of foxholes.

this dem was in foxholes, rice paddys and jungles.
Been shot at, shot and shelled.

Still did not believe in God.
so another false calim disproven.

So you say. Now if you could just get that spell-check thing working...

What a stupid arrogant a-hole...there are just as many Dems in the service- but you can be sure the stupid ignorant arrogant loudmouth a-holes will be Pub dupes...

its bad in all cases, but we all already know of obama's fake faith so I don't see why we rehash it

Agreed: I'd much rather rehash fake faith of 4 of the GOP candidates.....

Moot point. Mitt Romney isn't one of them, so its irrelevant.

:eusa_hand:

Apparently you didn't get the memo from the NYT:

Every thread designed to make conservative republican candidates appear less qualified to be President than Obama is Relevant.

Forum List

Back